EL D Europa League Round of 32 2nd Leg

Manchester United 0:0 Real Sociedad

Post-match discussion

Thu, 25 February 2021

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I would have. Watched it when I was a kid. Dragged back to my mum and dad's childhood. Think it was called Boss Cat at sometime so not to be confused with a cat food called Top Cat.
They had to change the title in the UK on BBC because of advertising standards. The stuffy beeb didn't want it to be considered as advertising.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Could Arsenal point to that too? I mean we always hear about their 'kids' and the revolution that's taking place there. :wenger:
I forgot to add Adnan to that list as well who was on the pitch and had a solid game. Other than Saka, are there any of the Arsenal kids even remotely as integral to their squad as Rashford, Greenwood, Henderson and McTominay are to United right now?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
They had to change the title in the UK on BBC because of advertising standards. The stuffy beeb didn't want it to be considered as advertising.
Yet they still like their old product placements. About time the BBC starting advertising so we might get better programmes, but that is for another thread.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I forgot to add Adnan to that list as well who was on the pitch and had a solid game. Other than Saka, are there any of the Arsenal kids even remotely as integral to their squad as Rashford, Greenwood, Henderson and McTominay are to United right now?
They'd say ESR I would assume

Acole9

Outstanding
The match itself was dull and it's one of those where I don't think they'd get away with it if there were fans present.

Was great to see all the academy players though.

Gator Nate

So, slept on it, here's a little bit more (serious) analysis.

Kudos to Ole on this. With a 4-0 aggregate, he had a lot of room to maneuver, but you still don't want to lose 0-3 at home.

He picked a generally defensive squad (Matic/Fred) and the Lindelof/Bailly pairing in the back work at least as well as Maguire/Bailly, with AWB and Telles (aka, Left Back 1B) and they kept a clean sheet, pulling AWB at the half for Williams. In fact, they never really got threatened much, allowing only 9 shots with 1 on target. Henderson, once again, showed the qualities in a keeper that I want to see - qualities DeGea does not exhibit.

I don't get the complaints about Rashford and Bruno playing. They want to play. He let them, for one half each. Three things about that: 45 minutes Thursday is not going to overly tire top-tier athletes slated to play on the weekend. 45 minutes against a top-level Spanish side will help keep up match sharpness. Giving those guys some playing time will keep them happy. Additionally, sometimes the best defense is a good offense. So they each got a half and I'm good with that.

As for subs, I thought Ole did well, with Bruno, AWB, and Fred all coming off at the half, James coming off with a knock, and Greenwood coming off at 75'.

Given the current injuries, those who were completely rested, and those given only a half, we should have high scores in the lineup predictions for Chelsea.

Player Ratings

5.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 149 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Real Sociedad win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 28% Man Utd 2:1 Real Sociedad
  • 17% Man Utd 2:0 Real Sociedad