EL D Europa League Round of 32 2nd Leg

Manchester United 0:0 Real Sociedad

Post-match discussion

Thu, 25 February 2021

Skåre Willoch

Not much to say. Good balance between resting /rotating players and giving some young guns some minutes.

always_hoping

Drama free. Tie won in the 1st leg and on paper this was meant to be a difficult tie.

Tonight the better team near 60% possession against a possession based team and Henderson didn't have to make a save until the 85th minute.

Have a feeling United will draw the Arsenal bogey next.

croadyman

Played for a draw in the entire second half. But if a poor game for the youngsters to get minutes.
Yeah think it may have been a better game if they had started and why on earth did Marcus play the second half with a big game on Sunday

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Didn't watch it, so I think I win

Gator Nate

I'm really torn for MotM...

James, shortest guy on the planet, almost headed it into goal. And made a lot of good runs and passes.

Williams came to play... American football.

Tuanzebe did head it into goal, except...

Lindelof! What a magnificent display of Kung Fu!

Beyond that, RS played good defense, but never really threatened us.

Kudos to our defense, who really did play quite well, and moved the ball forward.

Bailly/Lindelof is about as good as Bailly/Maguire. I could go with either pairing for League games.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Midifeld was as bit pathetic. Sick of never using the right hand side of the pitch.

It is what it is I suppose.

Shame we played Amad in the side that we dont use.
I agree. Ole could have tell the team to feed him the ball but everything seems to come from the left. What good does that do?! Rashford didn't have a good half, just below average.

RedIan

Comfortable night really. Good to give a couple of kids a bit of experience. Bailloy looked good. Mason has some skills.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Amad was anonymus. I expect a full encyclopedia of whining when I return from the bathroom.

Eternitiy

Shoretire isn't ready for first team football, not ready physically, it's not fair on him.

laughtersassassin

I agree. Ole could have tell the team to feed him the ball but everything seems to come from the left. What good does that do?! Rashford didn't have a good half, just below average.
I'd say he was funming. Entire team refused to pass forward.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
This was a game of football that happened.

And in which Lindelöf briefly morphed into Air fecking Jordan.
Why are people saying this? Everyone can look like Jordan if they mistime a jump. It’s bizarre.

SplitzMagic

This was a glorified training session seeing as we were 4 nil up and have a big game at the weekend.

We didn't need to try to win or get out of second gear. Professional performance and job done.
I get that but we couldn't even the ball into their half since amad came on.

We just constantly played at the back. It reminded me of our loss to Chelsea in the FA cup semi final last season when they pressed and we had nothing in their half.

Surely we could have created something in 30 mins of play. This is the kind of 'professional training game' where you'd see city put at least 7 goals past them on aggregate.

When Bruno comes off I'm always just hoping we can do something without him and we just can't.

Better yet, for the stats crew... How many goals have we scored after Bruno has left the pitch... Or when he's not played?

Idxomer

This team isn't very good and lacks direction whenever Shaw or Fernandes don't play.

SplitzMagic

No injuries, kids get minutes, squad players like Henderson, Telles, Tuanzebe, James, Martial get a good run out, through.

Not exciting but no downsides
What a waste of minutes used on martial. Would rather someone like hugill got them.

Martial must have some blackmail on Ole. Also noticed that the bromance between him and Bruno has gone this season.

Almost as if Bruno gave up on martial and now it shows with his awful numbers this year.

Withnail

I get that but we couldn't even the ball into their half since amad came on.

We just constantly played at the back. It reminded me of our loss to Chelsea in the FA cup semi final last season when they pressed and we had nothing in their half.

Surely we could have created something in 30 mins of play. This is the kind of 'professional training game' where you'd see city put at least 7 goals past them on aggregate.

When Bruno comes off I'm always just hoping we can do something without him and we just can't.

Better yet, for the stats crew... How many goals have we scored after Bruno has left the pitch... Or when he's not played?
Drawing conclusions from a dead rubber is a fool's game.

Fringe players and youth players got minutes, first teamers got rested, we're through and we've Chelsea at the weekend... That's it.

76side

I'm just pleased no fans were in the ground as they would have walked out at half time.
I'd have demanded my money back, absolutely garbage.

Devil may care

Dull game, they set up to make sure they didn't concede a boat load and we just had no reason to chase the game so it just trundled to a 0-0 snorer.

Nice to see Amad and Shola get a decent run out and I think Axel gave some food for thought for Ole as the Fred/Matic combo looks awful.

stu_1992

Rather uneventful. Pretty much what I expected after a 4-0 away win in the first leg. You'd just knew we wouldn't get out of first gear unless forced. But we weren't. They were decent early in the first half but that's about it. Not much to know except the penalty and the disallowed goal, which was the correct call.

SirScholes

This just vindicated oles team choice, key players where needed to make sure we didn’t embarrass ourselves and burden the youngins

Fred and matic just doesn’t work at all, in fact its highlighting more and more how limited Fred is. Energetic he may be but we do need a cm that offers something else.
If pogba does go we are in a massive hole needing 2 top cms and a striker
There is a rebuild within a rebuild needed

Player Ratings

5.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 149 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Real Sociedad win
  • Draw

Detailed Results