CL D Champions League Round of 16 1st Leg

Sevilla 0:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Wed, 21 February 2018

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Absolutely fecking dreadful. This seems to be the norm now.

If I was Mourinho’s boss I’d be expecting an explanation for the absolute shower of shite he’s serving up game after game.

stepic

Good result. We will beat them at home. We didn’t play well, neither did they. McTom grew into it.

Martial on for Mata return leg please

CA_vampire

We came, we saw, we walked around, we are leaving.

Nice workout for DeGea. Everyone else was bored... or boring, or something...

Sylar

If we can't win at old Trafford against them we don't deserve to go through

Simple

rique_don

I don’t understand why we can’t just pick our best 11 players each week in a formation that suits their strengths.
Doesn't matter who we pick or the formation we play. Mourinho will not change.

LARulz

Dull beyond belief. If it weren't for De Gea Mourinho would have a shit storm to deal with

Sandyman

An away goal would have been nice. Now, need to score 2 at Old Trafford just to be comfortable.
Hoping the line up was also with an eye on the Chelsea fixture. Shame about Herrera injury. Was playing well too.

redom

Not a bad result but another performance to forget, we really need to find our feet again soon.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Not sure what the colossal overreaction in here is for. 0-0 away from home is ok, good chance of going through now.

Most of this forum want Mourinho... we get Mourinho doing what Mourinho does and we all start complaining. Isn’t this literally what we knew we were going to get?

Skolden

The result is good. Nothing wrong with 0-0. But good damn it was boring.

DRM

Almost fell asleep, didn't for a second expect us to score. This this smiley captures the game :boring:

liamp

They're going to get absolutely smashed playing one of the top tier sides like this

Sigma

Very poor performance. Not happy with a 0-0 at all.

Kapardin

Well, that was terrible. There is playing bad, and there is not resembling anything like a football team. All on Jose.

Sevilla are not good away, we are lucky they suck at finishing. Bring on Bailly and Jones for the return leg and try to win this with some pride.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
25 shots for them, 6 for us, 8 saves by DDG. Damning stats, even if it was an away game. Ray Wilkins said Sevilla would be bottom 6 in the EPL? He needs to stop wanking himself off with the Union Jack.

Renegade81

We are truly Awful. No other way to describe that. As a team we look shackled and hampered tactically. The worry is we have looked like this for the last few games now. Im worried for Mourinho.

tomaldinho1

Jose is Jose and a point is a point. C'est la vie.

This simply won't work against better teams though, Sevilla should probably have still won.

Mister_Stubbs

We are a banter club we really are. All that money, all that quality and we play like some plucky underdog game after game. I was a big fan of Jose, was pleased when we finally ended up with the job but now, I am totally fed up with him and his bullshit. The whole Pogba scenario is a joke, the rubbish tactics aren’t fitting of this club. He needs to really turn this around or he needs to be sacked ahead of next season.

Camilo

Really did well to keep a world class Sevilla team at bay.

Utter rubbish all round, but exactly what I was expecting, because it's exactly how we've played all season. Shite. I've no idea what Jose is up to.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Jose will be happy, he wanted that draw and he got it.

We defended very well, but we were totally set up to do so... Sanchez, Mata, Pogba and Lukaku were all shit, but they'd have had to turn in something special to thrive today.

Ravelation

Krump at me Bro
Glad to see McTominay given the start in a CL match, impressive and ballsy by Jose, and a reassuring performance!
Average performance by the team, Good result.

Siorac

Terrible performance, decent result.

I swear I should just write a script that posts this after every game. Or maybe it could check for the result, possibly even weighing it against the opponent and post it if the result is indeed determined to be decent by the algorithm.

Cloud7

Gutless Spineless Horrible.

All José needs is another billion pounds to get a team that can string three passes together though.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
How are we in the drivers seat? Sevilla need not to lose at Old Trafford and theyre through.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Typical Mourinho big game tactics in a match where an away goal is worth the risk. What’s the point of playing so defensive tonight when we just make things harder for ourselves in the second leg?

We’re becoming way too static and teams are more than happy to let us keep our shape - our opposition think there’s no risk for them roaming around the pitch because they already know where our players are going to be when we finally get possession. We had four lines tonight and with the exception of Pogba wandering about doing bugger all we never changed our shape. Our fullbacks provided next to no support going forward. When we went forward our front four had a wall of about eight Sevilla players against them, and everyone else was behind or at the halfway line. Then once Sevilla got the ball they had everyone forward - their players actually ran whilst we jogged about. We’ve become way too predictable and slow. It doesn’t help when we have star players who have already given up on the season. We badly need a captain who isn’t afraid to tell his team mates to feck off, and for Mourinho to start letting the team put attacking pressure on opponents and trust that we’ll run back into position when needed.

But then again I’m not a manager and right now I’m just trying to figure out how we’ve been so shitly inconsistent for so long now.

crossy1686

career ending
Well, pack it up lads. The way you lot are talking we're already out of the Champions League, Sevilla have already beaten us at Old Trafford, might as well not watch it.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
We would have no business being in the quarter finals of the CL.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
It's Mourinho in a Champions League knockout... what were you guys expecting? :lol:

bdspeedy

Better than we deserved. Actually not bad at all for us considering how poorly we played. An absolute $hit shower from us.

wolvored

Absolutely racked off. If we can' give the likes of these a game then what' the point. 1 shot on target ffs. When is sanchez gonna turn up

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Our strategy for the CL is to bore the other teams to death.

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all
I stayed awake till 3am in the morning for this.
British fans, you guys don't realise how lucky you are.

BenjaminP

Exactly what Jose wanted. Unfortunately, not really what the players and fans wanted.

Man of the Match

David de Gea image David de Gea 89% of 702 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 490 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Sevilla win
  • Draw