EL L Europa League Semi-Final

Sevilla 2:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 16 August 2020

Tiber

Yup. Called that in the match thread 20 mins before it happened.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Thats what happens when you don't take your chances.

Dansk

We've got a good five to eight years of rebuilding before we're winning anything again. Let's just be honest here.

Zoo

Am sad but pleased with the way showed up for this game. How many times post-SAF have we looked small time and meek in a game like this? The lads will learn and take a lot from it.

Swearing Budgie

Don't understand why Ole doesn't like making subs, considering he spent most his career as one

Skåre Willoch

I can’t believe we didn’t score a goal in the second half.

We played really well for large parts of this game. No quality on the bench made things difficult in the end.

Gutted.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Shit. Shouldn’t be losing to they Sevilla team and Luuk de Jong goals.

It’s not good enough.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I'm not sure United deserved to lose the game. Played pretty well.

ManUtd1999

The 3rd quarter of the game was under our control, but we failed to score. Too many chances not taken.

Frustrating!

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
It’s funny because I think the team performance overall was pretty good, but a number of players (Williams, Wan-Bissaka, Lindelof, Rashford, Martial) were either absolutely shite or made really bad errors.

diarm

Why does Ole hate making subs?
Because look at the state of what he has available. Our worst football of the 96 minutes came in the 10 minutes after he made the first sub.

el3mel

Feck off. Feck the feck off.

Please never, ever draw these cnuts in any European competition again.

Every time we play them it ends like this. Feck this shite.

Last time I couldn't bring myself to watch a single football match for 3 days straight and I feel the same now. Feck football.

Member 113277

We should have won that - failed to convert good advantages.

Krits

Shocking defending for both their goals. We have no one to blame but ourselves at both ends. Martial had a couple of chances to win it for us and just horrible lapses of concentration at the back cost us. Oh well, on to next season.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
3rd semi final we've defended poorly.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Really disappointed as we didn't play badly but the lack of finishing killed us.

Sevilla, cheats! Ref = shit!

On to next season.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Wilfully mugged. We took selfies while it was going on too and tagged the mugger on insta when we uploaded the photo.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
So many chances to win the game. Just awful how many chances we have given up in the last few games.
Oh well.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
We can't win anything with these defenders. Twice our defence allowed one Sevilla attacker, who was outnumbered, just waltz into a scoring position. Nobody even looked over their shoulder both times.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
We were the better team but couldn't finish worth shit. Wan Bissaka pretty awful. Williams a bit better but not great. 2 pieces of horrific defending gave them 2 goals. Main story here was just finishing though. So many chances missed.

edgecutter

If we are struggling against Sevilla, what chance do we have in the Champions League? We are so far from being a good side.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Should have won that 6-2. fecking ridiculous game

Telegram Sam

Can't really complain when you miss that many good chances infront of goal. Only positive from that is the sheer number of chances created against a decent team at least.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Once we didn't score after having them on the ropes at the beginning of the second-half, you knew we were going to lose. Seen it a million times in football. Sometimes you're just not destined to win games.

To the beach lads and then on to next season...

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
I’m ready to get attacked for this but, you need a striker. Martial is a very good player and has impressed this season but you’d be in a cup final had those chances been put away it was ridiculously wasteful.

edit: martial shouldn’t be the scapegoat btw

Adamsk7

Don’t lose our heads - young, tired, small squad in terms of quality. We got built up by our great run but we don’t have loads of experience there in terms of must win games and we are a little further away than we though.
Still, great progress and I’m happy with our season. Seville are a seasoned European side and not the pushovers they are being made out to be.
We’ll learn to take our chances and play more canny in these games. Personally I don’t think we’re quite as good as Inter yet and I would have hated to have lost to a Lukaku or Sanchez goal!

Crashoutcassius

there'll be loads of moaning about subs and two moments in defence, but miles the better team versus a very good side, finishing let us down.

main lesson should be we need more depth in attack as we have no real options. imagine bringing on grealish or any of the 60m pound players that sit on citys bench.

there'll be lads that are delighted that we lost on their forum because they are married to their narrative, but honestly, they should be laughed off the forum when they come on and say we were rubbish and ole is out of his depth

really good performance, very unlucky not to finish and with very poor reffing, what can you do except be the better team on the night

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Only have ourselves to blame for that. I said at half time we had to be calmer. We looked so nervous in front of goal. Should have put away some of our chances.

Having said that Ole got out smarted by the Seville coach. Even if we had equalized, we looked knackered while Seville were fresh with all the subs.

Rashford looks worrying though. He is falling into the Lingard trap of concentrating on off the field antics. He really needs to just concentrate on his football.

Player Ratings

5.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 299 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Sevilla win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 35% Sevilla 1:2 Man Utd
  • 11% Sevilla 0:2 Man Utd