EL L Europa League Semi-Final

Sevilla 2:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 16 August 2020

saivet

We were the better team. Poor finishing and moments of poor defending cost us. Wanted to win it, but far from gutted.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
What a clueless manager. Shambles of last minutes

Robbie Boy

Was always going to be a tough game but I thought we would sneak through. Puts to shame lots ignorant posters on here this week writing Sevilla off as a pub side because some had the audacity to suggest Sevilla are a good side.

Wolverine

That hurt, we are on the verge of being a good team but with our lack of transfer activity I'm not sure we'll progress much beyond that really. Questions about the tactical nous of our manager too.

lsd

The Oracle
We need winners in the team . Splashing cash on players like Maguire ,Wan Bissaka and Sancho if we do is madness .

We need winners players that are used to winning things and until we learn that we will keep on being losers

MZX7

@Vato @Varun @moses @Hectic @Solius
Absolutely gutted! Why do the goalies always do well against us. Our defense is pure sh**.

youmeletsfly

Too many average players in the starting eleven. Also, after the good 10 minutes in the 2nd half, the only one with balls to play the ball forward was Pogba.

I'll say the obvious, Rashford needed to be on the bench, he's been gash now for what, 6-7 games in a row?

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Meh - I'll live. We are a shell of a team without Shaw. We need so many new players its unreal.

Tiber

A game like that is where you need a striker like Haland. But that involved more fees than Ighalo.

DevilRed

Reminds me of the gooner teams of old. Just much too intricate and thread the eye of the needle nonsense.

Nobody can put in a decent cross. Nobody wants to make a simple tap in finish. Only 25 yard curlers or intricate side foot finishes.

This front line has a lot to learn. I hope we do get some reinforcements this summer as competition for places will help push everyone.

Also, lindelof needs replacing. Horrid today. Two mistakes leading to goals. Bailly is infinitely better.

Having said that, we really should have won. Our centreback (lindelof) and awb were below par today. Our front line extremely wasteful.

We were the better team but they took their two chances.

Kuba

Please get rid of Lindelof, cant stand him, today, Chelsea, southampton how many Times he need to lose striker to bench him? absolutely pathetic defender.

48 hours

OGS might as well not name anyone on the bench. He obviously doesn’t rate them, but there’s no way Ed and Judge will manage any sort of overhaul this window

Flying_Heckfish

Team is knackered & too many passengers. Partially on Ole for not rotating enough, but we got 3rd and that's what really mattered this season.

Fair play to Sevilla's GK and CBs, making a large number of last-ditch blocks and saves, but we should have put at least two of our chances away.

Squeaky Bumtime

Had more than enough chances, in the 2nd half our play disapeared and Ole waited too long for the subs. Sevilla didnt play anything special and still won.

cyberman

Pleased with how we played. Fred and Pogba look as if they could form a lethal partnership going forward.
It all feels pre season to me, im not even that disappointed about it.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I’m disappointed but also relieved we don’t have to endure an inevitable beating by Inter and Lukaku.

Hansa

Pretty good game, shame about a bit of sloppy defending. Apart from not taking the chances, the players didn't do an awful lot wrong tonight.

lsd

The Oracle
That hurt, we are on the verge of being a good team but with our lack of transfer activity I'm not sure we'll progress much beyond that really. Questions about the tactical nous of our manager too.

Its not his fault we have players that fall apart under pressure

chiz2kul

Can't win if you dont take your chances. And I know bench isnt deep - but who waits till the 85+ minute to make subs?

Unpopular opinion but Sevilla deserved it. They had better prolonged control of the game.

Very entertaining!

Betson

Poor finishing and awful defending done for us.

3rd semi final defeat this season , we have our excuses for each of them but the fact is we just a rung below what is needed quality wise to win stuff.

You can't miss that many chances and complain afterwards , we got what we deserved out of it.

RedNed77

I’m sure the doom merchants will be out in force, but we just weren’t quite good enough tonight. It’s a young team not a shit team. We need to learn from tonight and make sure we’re better next year.

we weren’t bad, just didn’t take our opportunities.

King Eric 7

We played a lot better than we have been of late and got nothing in return. Feck this end to the season. Feeling deflated.

Holters

Poor defending and not capitalising on our chances today. Plus our bench is not good enough. We need to buy top quality players and the current starters go on the bench to build squad depth, i.e. I don't want to hear any talk about buying bench players.

The defending on both goals today shows the immaturity of our team. For example, Wan Bissaka pushing out leaving a back three and Williams pushing inside leaving Suso unmarked on 1-0. Both terrible choices by young defenders.

Heinzesight

We have some seriously overrated players in the team. Pogba leads the charge with being pretty useless in a United shirt. Never World Class (could be but never will)...and Rashford is a serious worry.

How the Pogba defenders keep backing him is incredible.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Our depth is fecking terrible. Mata? James? Lingard? What have they done all season and that's all we have to rely on if our starters are having an off night. We need 1 attacker in to start and 2 in for depth.

Bogga

Copenhagen game all over... this time the opposition was able to score

big rons sovereign

Wasted numerous chances, but lindelof can get to feck. How many have we conceded due to him being utterly clueless?

Zen86

Bah. Shouldn’t have lost that. Had more than enough chances to put that game to bed. Two stupid goals conceded, honestly how can two basic crosses like that completely take out our entire defence.

The subs were rubbish as well. What’s happened to Matic and Ighalo?

FireballXL5

Creating loads of chances and not taking them means we need better strikers. Midfield isn't functioning properly and don't get me started on that defence. We need upgrades all over the shop, including the manager.

Player Ratings

5.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 299 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Sevilla win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 35% Sevilla 1:2 Man Utd
  • 11% Sevilla 0:2 Man Utd