PL D FA Premier League

Sheffield United 3:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 24 November 2019

Maticmaker

From last night
Positives - for seven minutes we looked like world beaters; De Gea seems back to his best; Mason Greenwood is the only 'natural' goal scorer we have, his positioning in the box is tremendous for one so young; Brandon Williams improves with every game.

Negatives - Pereira is just not good enough; Jones is past his sell-bye date; we seem to start away games as though its a training match; we seem to have no comprehension of how the opposition will come at us, it all seems such a surprise!

Last edited:

Cantonagotmehere

I cannot believe I bought my daughter a Phil Jones kit 8 years ago or whenever it was...I completely jinxed his whole career. He is awful now, and I hope to never, ever, see him on the pitch again for United. Off to give him a 1 for a performance, I never down that before.

Hughie77

The only thing was we exposed them when they tired, spaces opened up resulting in 3 goals, that wasn't bad play from SHU, it was just tiredness they ran ran , closed down for most of the game. We exploited it, that doesn't make us a good team.

What it only does is show if our team is given space and time , goals can be scored, a tighter better CM on Sunday, I think game would have been alot different, S, Mctom, was big miss. Up down this season will be I've expected that, been here before in the late 70s early 80s, but I think it will get better in next few season, patience is needed all round, look at bigger picture.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
For 70 minutes we were terrible.
For 7 minutes we were exhilarating.
For me United are about playing with verve, dash, brio etc etc. As long as they do that I will love and support them, but for far too long yesterday we played with fear, inhibition, incompetence etc etc.
I hate to say it but I think we need Poch.

cyril C

Well it's far more difficult with a 2 man midfield.
I am not saying we have never been over-run before, but there have been plenty of games in the past 10 years where we did OK with 2 against 3 or even 5 MF. Support from the other positions obviously help but these 2 MF that we field were clearly out of their depth.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Some people on the Match Day thread were having a go at those who moaned. well, seven good minutes is simply not good enough for Manchester United (or anyone for that matter). all it has done is paper over the cracks (and not very well) until the next time (ie the next game where we will play exactly the same way). I believe those three goals saved Ole's job. If we had gone three down (and then maybe more given how we are playing), it would have been very hard for the board to go on ignoring what is blatantly obvious to someone who coaches an under-7s team - and probably those playing in it. What is obvious is Martial and Rashford have grown too big for their boots and should be brought crashing down to earth by sitting on the bench while Greenwood starts. he is the only one who looks like a natural goal scorer. Plus, I no longer think we need two new top-class midfielder... we need three. Over all, it was a disgrace

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
Taking Martial off for Tuanzebe played right into their hands, that sub cost us the win! They had the initiative and confidence to go again. Only positive is Brandon Williams, surely claimed the LB spot permanently!
Not really. Williams had an okay match. A goal doesn't mean someone played a great game.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
So what then ? Stick Young back in ? Shaw probably won’t be up to speed for a while even if fit...
I would play Young away vs Astana and then Williams vs Aston V since it's a home match. I like Williams, I'm just saying he did not play a good away match against an aggressive opponent. Hopefully Shaw is back soon and will be able to contribute. Then let all three compete for playing time.

Player Ratings

5.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 314 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Sheffield Utd win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 23% Sheffield Utd 1:2 Man Utd
  • 17% Sheffield Utd 0:2 Man Utd