PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:0 Southampton

Post-match discussion

Sat, 30 December 2017

bumbumbum

Back in LVG days players were complaining that he is forcing them to practise patterns of attacking play which according to them restricted their creativity.
Now they have manager who lets them fully express their flair and skill. This is the result.

Betson

The boo's ring round Old Trafford and deservedly so.

Uninspiring , inept and just not good enough.

The league table is hiding the fact this team is probably not even top 4 quality , just like last season we are going to be in a battle to get in the top 4.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Deserved booing at full time.

We're not winning the league anytime soon.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Thing is I'm not even surprised.
Definitely yeah. Same issues for weeks and months now, without any hint that a correction is being worked on (terrible off the ball movement, terrible set pieces, terrible crossing). We could all copy/paste our posts

littlepeasoup

Dull, toothless, tepid. None of the players out there looked like they gave a shit about winning.

At the moment we look like a collection of individuals, rather than a cohesive unit, and that’s worrying.

Hope Rom is okay.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Young was fine.

The attack and general passing is really bad. Clueless attacking football that almost always results in crossing.

Only watched the first 2nd half and it took me 20 minutes to realize that Lingard was on the pitch. Rashford is too unintelligent to play up top against a defensive line that sits so deep. He had no idea how move off the ball.

Thought Mkhitaryan was at least trying to do something this game. Wasn't worse than Pogba, Matic, Lingard or Mata.

wolvored

After monday we will be 4th. Mou will come out with the same old shit, blaming it on Lukaku going off, only one striker etc. He and the players are getting worse by the game. Pathetic, no tactics, could go on but words fail me

Fully Fledged

These are the type of games we would have drawn last season.

When Pogba's back we'll be alright.

You can't blame the manager.

Am I doing it right?

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
Another round of Mourinho excuses incoming.

Sure, we wasted some big chances and should've had a penalty, but Mourinho also decided to have Matic, Jones and Lindelof all sit back all the way to the end. I want a United manager to take more chances.

Trophy Room

We’ll finish 5th this season. It’s a shame what’s happened to us. Free fall after the City game in s many ways.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Wouldn't pay to see United at the moment. Appalling. The players really are letting everyone down at the moment. Second to everything, no desire or commitment. You can't blame the manager for that.
Not sure about that. Seen Fergie motivate some of the most average players into champions.

Dr. StrangeHate

Feels like I teloported back into time during LVG's last season.
People need to stop saying this. Opponents barely had the ball against us with Van Gaal. Van Gaal methods are much more relevant in football right now than Mourinhos. Southampton were running circles around us.

Meller

It's like we don't even have a game plan. No one has the slightest idea what to do, we must be the easiest team in the league to defend against. Sick of watching this team to be honest, no one on the pitch seem to care.

EverReddy

my missus said before they started and the players were warming up:'Why aren't the players bothered about doing it properly. The trainer is doing it properly and it looks like the players are not bothered". They looked half-arsed.

Krits

This is drop in December is down to one thing I feel. Jose's inability to trust a lot of players. He trusts a few players that he runs in to the ground. We barely see youth coming (don't mention Rashford and Martial) to help keep people fresh. Even in the lesser cups we have pretty much full strength teams. Today we looked lethargic. If Mikhi would have done his job well, we could have been well clear in the first half and not needing to put a shift in. But we didn't and in the second half we didn't have enough energy to push over the line. Pogba especially disappeared in the second half.

Jose is still the best we can have, but he needs to learn a little bit from these last two seasons. I hope he has it in him to do that.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Can some of the Mourinho worshipers come in here and explain that one away? It’s getting harder for you guys but I’m sure you’ll try and find a way.

We are a joke at the moment. Only going in one direction.

Crimson King

The most worrying thing is our level of team performance is so low. The minimum I expect is maximum effort but there's so little urgency, aggression and passion in that team.

I feel angry and frustrated, but mostly I just feel betrayed.

Snafu17

Oh great, a December collapse. We haven't had one of those since LVG. A couple of bad results, a few injuries, a subsequent lack of confidence and leggy players from loads of matches. A great recipe to expose the team of absolute bottlers that United has become and a wonderful period of time to drop us from a tittle contender to a team that will battle for a top 4 spot.

And I don't particularly care anymore. Last few years have made it impossible to be confident about any move from the club.

mav_9me

Completely out of form. Nothing we can do now. Need Ozil and Mahrez. Although that's not necessarily a long term solution.

Member 5225

We should be all fecking over Ozil and / or Sanchez for Jan. Look at the outcasts of PSG and RMadrid, we should be all over them....

onemanarmy

Pogba is class, but he can't do it by himself. We have no attacking plan. How on earth have we had 3 managers and still no clear gameplan?

Pennywise

Absolutely dreadful stuff. Pogba clearly doesn't feel like he needs to work hard. Jogs about doing nothing. They need a rocket up their arses and some just need to go.

Zexstream

Anti-anti-racist
Sick of this now, I think the players have had too much mince pies and wine over Christmas.

Canagel

Feck football. That's all I have to say. United are killing me right now. LVG would've been proud of that one.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
what a woeful festive period

El Zoido

City ruined us last season and they’ve ruined us again this season. Sorry that we can’t cope psychologically when we lose to them, pretty depressing really. We’re a team horrendously out of form, sacking the manager won’t help but we need something to inject life and confidence back in to us.

ClosetDevil

The match going fans were worse than the team today.
Oh well. I think if they're paying top dollar to watch the players, and if it's not to what they deem as a worthy performance, they're entitled to unanimously voice their opinions.

AshRK

I feel like puking. That was shit, SHIT. Shame on the manager a big shame on the players. And for those who love licking SHaw's ass, he was awful and I mean real awful.

redom

Fuming, we looked absolutely clueless in that second half.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
The fault lies at Jose.

A decent manager would 100% be getting something decent out of Rashford, Martial, Lukaku, Lingard and Pogba. Pretty much all of our attacking players are under-performing.

We are a bunch of bottleless fecking twats. We're completely in free-fall. Something major has to change.

Player Ratings

5.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 290 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Southampton win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 27% Man Utd 2:0 Southampton
  • 15% Man Utd 2:1 Southampton