PL D FA Premier League

Southampton 1:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 31 August 2019

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Never replaced Herrera or Lukaku. Not sure who expected any different this season. Nothing will change while the parasites remain at the top. Doesnt matter who is managing us.
Those parasites will absolutely love Ole, not moaning about them not signing all the players we need, actually getting rid of some to make it they are not paying out wages. He's top of their Christmas card list.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Lindelof is a fraud
feck sake.

Lindelof needs to be out of this team ASAP
Yeah it’s all Lindelof’s fault that he lost out on a header against a towering 6’6 defender. He hardly put a foot wrong otherwise.

How’s about blaming Rashford for being utter shit. For having to bring on Lingard and Matic to trying to win a game.

Telegram Sam

Haven't really managed to create any clear cut chances against either Crystal Palace at home, or Southampton away.

Pretty concerning, to say the least. Top 6 if we're lucky, no chance of top 4.

I'm not sure what to make of this. I'm back to being bored when watching us play. So spineless, no desire to pursue a win, lack of magic overall.

I'm still annoyed with how poor or crossing and general passing is. So much lack of technical ability.

Pogba is in my opinion our weakest link. Sloppy, no desire, lack of professionalisme on the pitch. I think it could be beneficial for the team if we sold him and managed to replace what he's supposed to be for us. A creative force.

Daniel James has been a great watch though. More of that attitude.

Castia

Probably naive but just like the Wolves and Palace game I thought we played alright.

Another shite result though.

MonkeysMagic

It's now blindingly obvious the limitation of Ole as a coach/manager. The football in the last 15 min when they were down to 10 was something out of the 80s, move the ball very slowly sideways to eventually create crossing space after 50 passes then fail pathetically by over or under hitting it!

BulgarianDevil91

"I hate the team; I hate (insert United player name here); we're shit; I can't stand watching us play, etc."

Them just stop watching, no one is forcing you. Did anyone actually think we'd be set after just one transfer window under Ole? Give him bloody time, this isn't your career mode save pr your fm scumsaving session.

Our game has improved from last season, we just need a few more players here and there. It's not the end of the world. Jesus.

Suvvernmanc

I watched the last 20 minutes but I can't imagine the first 70 were much different. We're predictably shit and looking more and more like Liverpool from their midtable phase.

Playing Matic and Mata is just idiotic when you have Greendwood and Gomes on the bench.
You watched only the last 20 minutes so didn't see Mata have a good game. Gomes wasn't on the bench either.

You should probably watch the game next time.

OldSchoolManc

Can anyone give a balanced view of the game without crying their adult eyes out about lingard playing fifteen minutes ?

Sounds from reading thread we had chances and gave up no chances again ? Is it the case that we just don't have a settled and consistent striker and also don't have a strategy for beating a parked bus?

Is Dan James a huge positive ? Amazing how little it seems to have been said today after another lovely goal ?
Dan James, Wan Bissaka and Maguire the only real positives.
Pogba earnt about 1% of his wage. Rashford 0.5%

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Ole needs to add to his back room staff. The money is there, go and hire people much better tactically. Seems pretty obvious.
Can't be asked complaining.

We need to prioritise the Europa at this rate.

Untied

The xG over the last three games is painful...

Conceded around ~2 xG against, actually conceded 4

Created around 5.6 xG for, including penalties, actually scored 3.

Ollie Derbyshire

Going to be a long season! Pogba, Rashford, Lindelof very poor today. Hard to see many positives apart from James.

Need to push on though and try and learn how to pass to a teammate instead of constantly giving it away. Unbelievable how we still how no team understanding after all these years. God knows what we do in training.

dabeast

Interesting that James, McTominay and AWB and Young were the only players with desire. The fancy dans didn’t show up.

RedDevilRoshi

Appalling performance. Some of our passing and ball control is shocking! We look like a bunch of amateurs when we are on the ball. Everything is so damn slow and easy to defend against.

Okey

What's Allegri up to these days by the way? Perhaps send an emissary to have a word towards recruiting him for the next phase of the rebuild? I think it's bleeding obvious by now Ole isn't the future.

DickDastardly

Well, at least Ole should have learnt that putting Lingard on as a sub hasn't worked either. If nothing else performances like this will encourage Ole to give Chong, Gomes and Greenwood a go because ultimately the seniors have yet again disappointed.

Good. Some positives.

Well, let's hope so. I believe he's not blind, and hopefully our coaching staff isn't blind as well.

We still have to find the best eleven to play.

Awb, Maguire, Mctom, James, Mata - had a good game.

Some had stinkers. Let's hope Ole has to ballz to bench them.

One thing we do know about Ole is that he will make hard decisions when it comes to the starting eleven. Wouldn't surprise me if in the next few weeks we start seeing him use our youngsters more as the seniors disappoint.

Oles biggest weakness is his ingame management though. It's really bad. If we do persist with using Ole we should employ someone on the coaching team to help him with it.

smudgegezer

another game to get excited about just to be pounded back down to earth. Southampton's press looked more impressive than ours and they got there deserved goal. We pushed at the end but the lack of quality was evident.

Positive---James took his chance well and looks like he is grabbing his opportunity

Rashford had a poor game but is our only established striker so he will be starting next game. Personally thought a lot of the players looked tired.

It will not happen yet but fans will call for Olly's head he will get sacked and we are back at square one.

C3Pique

Didn't watch but followed the commentary and all the time at 1-0 I was just waiting for the equaliser. So predictable.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Had no faith we would score when they went down to ten men.

AWB was good but pretty blunt in attack.

Lindelof was shaky again but I don’t really know what he was supposed to do against that 7ft neanderthal.

Maguire solid.

Young’s passing is atrocious.

Pogba overcomplicating things shock horror.

Mata good but just hasn’t got the legs.

James good.

Rashford was shite.

Lingard wasted two good attacks trying to be the main man and scoring.

Greenwood did well.

Matic... ugh.

JipJap Stam

Proud of the boys today. Fantastic point.
Are you actually for real?! This is the problem we have at our club idiots settling for crap! This was a shocking performance and Ole bottled it today starting Andreas instead of Greenwood!

fps

2 more points than from the corresponding fixtures last season (I'm going to continue to cling to this, until I inevitably can't any more!)

superdry

touched by a genius
Rashford, Lingard, Matic, Young on the pitch gives us no chance of victory.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
About what was expected. There is no quality in this team.

Once again we spent a summer spending a shit load on average players to add to an average squad, ignoring the lack of players capable of sticking it in the net.
Harsh on the summer signings that I think. James showed his limitations in the second half but Bissaka looks like he will be an excellent player for us, as does Maguire.

The squad is still littered with dross though.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Ole is too slow to adapt either tactically or through subs to inplay changes.

edgecutter

Bar James at the moment it really is hard to like any United player. Too many players out there today think they are better than what the are.

I suppose we better lube up and strap ourselves in for another 8 months of this shit

UnitedWA

5/12, pathetic! This team is clearly for 7-12 position on the table. OGS lost it long time ago, old players are shite and in the same condition before this season. New players are still alive, but they will fade into obscurity soon enough, because there is no light ahead.

Kounan

It's the first summer after a long time that we have made very good incomming transfers and also three of them, and somehow we managed to have the worst summer in last 6 years, with not brining at least one midfield replacement and another striker (not a replacement for Lukaku, but a different striker to the one's we have) and also with making Lindelof essential part of our defence, which has cost's us a lot (and could have cost us even more if Chelsea managed to score).

We need to bring someone in in January (even if Fred and Greenwood suddenly become top players).

Player Ratings

4.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 529 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Southampton win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 21% Southampton 1:2 Man Utd
  • 18% Southampton 0:2 Man Utd