PL D FA Premier League

Southampton 1:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 22 August 2021

Beans

Supports
Neutral
The likes of Zinedine Zidane, Platini, Clarence Seedorf and others were all amazed that Paul Scholes wasnt the first name on England team sheets and suggested that he should have played in midfield supported by Gerrard.
I couldn’t agree more, he’s my favorite player ever, I would have played him with Carrick and have Gerrard or Lampard ahead of him with Rooney at striker.

JoaquinJoaquin

This game symbolizes exactly why we will finish 4th this season. You simply have to go for it in games like this, especially when you have the momentum like we did after we scored. But we then went back in our shell, and Ole's poor in game management strook again.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Some of our players were giving away the ball too cheaply with so many misplaced simple passes throughout the game. This game made Maguire, Wan Bissaka, Martial and Fred look like they are still in preseason.

Motorman

Does anyone else still feel deflated still? All preseason excitement just vanished seeing Fred et al make same mistakes as last season.

Ole not making changes, not playing certain players etc.

I'm sure it will get back to excitement for Wolves, but its just meh at the moment.

frostbite

Does anyone else still feel deflated still? All preseason excitement just vanished seeing Fred et al make same mistakes as last season.

Ole not making changes, not playing certain players etc.

I'm sure it will get back to excitement for Wolves, but its just meh at the moment.
Absolutely!

I hoped it will be different this year, but now I feel it will again be the same. Too many false dawns.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Congrats @RedTiger and @James35 - nobody got more points than either of you against Southampton... even though neither of you actually put a prediction in for the Southampton game (which cost you 3 points more each)

Kcocymkcus

We won't win the league this season. Sancho and Varane aside, when you still carry the same old crap from 5 years ago, you don't have a chance.
Still far too many mediocre players at United getting first team games...Matic, Lingard, Martial..etc when the manager insists on playing these players it either means he's too emotionally invested in them or he's not got enough cash to replace them. Either way, that's just rinse and repeat like the last 6 years.
2 games in and we're 2 points behind Liverpool already. Some will argue that City are 3 points behind but the difference was City played a top 6 side in those first games, we didn't.
It's essential to win the Southampton games, Fergie knew this. You don't have to beat the top 5 teams in a season to win the league, as long as you beat all the middle to lower league teams. The top 6 can easily trip themselves up playing each other, but drop extra points to the likes of Southampton and you're done for.
We should be killing teams like Southampton and it really gets my Goat when some on here make excuses like 'tough teams...yeah the same 'tough teams that Everton whupped 3-1 the week before. So by that comparison, Everton are a better team than us.
We aren't good enough, unless we go on a massive unbeaten streak.

croadyman

We won't win the league this season. Sancho and Varane aside, when you still carry the same old crap from 5 years ago, you don't have a chance.
Still far too many mediocre players at United getting first team games...Matic, Lingard, Martial..etc when the manager insists on playing these players it either means he's too emotionally invested in them or he's not got enough cash to replace them. Either way, that's just rinse and repeat like the last 6 years.
2 games in and we're 2 points behind Liverpool already. Some will argue that City are 3 points behind but the difference was City played a top 6 side in those first games, we didn't.
It's essential to win the Southampton games, Fergie knew this. You don't have to beat the top 5 teams in a season to win the league, as long as you beat all the middle to lower league teams. The top 6 can easily trip themselves up playing each other, but drop extra points to the likes of Southampton and you're done for.
We should be killing teams like Southampton and it really gets my Goat when some on here make excuses like 'tough teams...yeah the same 'tough teams that Everton whupped 3-1 the week before. So by that comparison, Everton are a better team than us.
We aren't good enough, unless we go on a massive unbeaten streak.
Brutally honest but absolutely bang on

Man of the Match

Paul Pogba image Paul Pogba 62% of 307 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 355 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Southampton win