PL D FA Premier League

Stoke City 2:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 09 September 2017

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Also I dislike Fletcher when we play against him. Moan moan moan from him.
And he's total garbage but we decide to stand off and not put him under. The only asset he has is to play a diagonal ball. Put him under and his footballing ability is exposed.

the hea

Jones and especially Bailly lost us 2 points today. Bailly's defending for the first goal was just unacceptable, schoolboy error.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Bailly and Jones were both a joke and I thought that poor show from that had an impact on our entire performance - we never looked secure the whole game.

MZX7

@Vato @Varun @moses @Hectic @Solius
Am I the only one who predicted a draw here?

Silverman

Not a great performance and a bad result but ya will have days like this. Time to put it behind us and focus on Basel on Tuesday. Stoke away is always a tough game. No need for as much negativity.

OneUnited24

To think we played a three of Herrara, Matic and Pogba and we managed to have even less control of the game.
I often think playing a 3 against a 352 or 361 is almost overkill. You're just adding a body to an already packed middle of the park.

Play with width and give them something to think about.

DavidDeSchmikes

First game after international break away at Stoke (a bogey side) was going to be difficult. That said still a frustrating result, but not the worst. Missed Fellaini.

Still at least we're top of the league;)

Santoryo

ripping the reward
That stoppage in play, what the feck was that? Is that even allowed?

We had the ball in a promising position and the ref decided to stop the play then give a drop ball later, what the actual feck was that?

sunama

Baghdad Bob
In the 80th minute, when Mata and Martial were one and we had the ball, we were playing with no urgency. It was as if we accepted that 1 point was good enough.

GazTheLegend

Fantastic match for neutrals.

Our defending was embarassing at times. What the feck was Bailly doing in that second half? He cost us 3 points today IMO.

LoneStar

We were poor throughout the game. The passing was slow and predictable. Mikhi was a passenger for the whole game until he came up with that assist(?). Rashford and Lukaku were the only threats throughout the game, but Lukaku needs more service than he's getting right now.

Pogba was poor too. For the first time, our defence looked shaky as hell. Two goals due to two mistakes of our defenders.

I think the lack of proper width in such games will hurt us again. We should have bought competent fullbacks. Darmian was absolute dross today.

Get In Scholesy

International break does us in again. Looked very disjointed throughout the side. Lacked some physicality and seems mentally slow.

Two stupid goals from shit defending on our end.

Although, there was a foul on Pogba in the lead up to the corner for the second goal. Fletcher elbowed the back of the head, play should have been stopped.

Conveniently, the play was stopped for Wimmer in the 91 min leading to dropball back pass cancelling out our momentus. Was definitely some bullshit.

siw2007

A game we probably should have won but the draw was maybe the deserved result. We did well to go 2 1 ahead because Stoke started the second half really well, but it was a disappointing goal to concede afterwards. We put on a some pressure at the end of the match and Martial was causing problems but it just wasn't enough.

Not a terrible result and a bit of a reality check, we didn't lose while not playing anywhere near our best which was good. We can look forward to our return to to Champions League on Tuesday which will be amazing.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
We have not improved much in attack and I believe it will show over the course of the rest of the season. We might just have been lucky with the flattering first two fixtures. It is the same stuff again.
12 goals in 4 games is pretty good I thought

Issue today was mainly defensively

Womp

idiot
We weren't that bad attacking wise, were getting into great positions and were making runs into space etc. Were absolutely shocking defensively though. Someone of Jones' size shouldn't be getting thrown around like he did for the second goal.

OverratedOpinion

The Alfonso Alves curse strikes again.

Credit to Mark Hughes who realised we are not a threat out wide and selected a formation that made the central areas very congested. I think the early knock seemed to have an affect on Bailly, worst performance I have seen from him in a while. I wish Martial had of come on earlier as he was a menace.

Overall bad day at the office, especially with our rivals all winning. Still, wouldn't surprise me if they took points off any of the other top teams this season at home.

Litch

Didnt lose....bit of an hangover from international break but we'll be ok. Changes didnt help.

AshRK

2 dropped points. These are the matches we must win if we are to win the title. Looked very lackluster today, our defending was horrendous. All the sideways passing without any penetration. Now the city's win against Bournemouth looks frustrating.

Bad day at the office for us overall.

Man-United

And he's total garbage but we decide to stand off and not put him under. The only asset he has is to play a diagonal ball. Put him under and his footballing ability is exposed.
Yes. He has the fighting spirit and is close to the ref all game moaning, maybe our players don't want to go up against a popular former player. I don't know but it's weird.

Jacko21

Jones is proper pants...I just don't see what he brings to the team or understand why we haven't off loaded him yet.
And yet in the previous three games, he was part of a partnership that hadn't conceded a goal.

Everyone makes mistakes. Stop jerking your knee.

NK86

Lukaku's first touch is abysmal at times. Should have buried the chance. Rashford was doing well. Didn't really need to sub him off.

Awful defending from both our CBs for both the goals. Phil Jones has that mistake in him as we have seen earlier.

As for our FBs, that is by far our weakest position. Either we should have bought a LB or we just pray Luke Shaw can come back into the fold quickly and on form. Valencia, for all his huffing and puffing, doesn't really do much attacking wise.

All in all, a poor result. Should have won this with all our rivals winning this weekend. Last year September was the month which derailed us. Hopefully this is just a small blip. Our creativity needs to improve and so does our off the ball movement. The players are so static that it's chalk and cheese compared to how City play.

InfiniteBoredom

Not us sure I recall ref doing much wrong?
Giving Fletcher a bye when he elbowed Pogba for their 2nd goal corner and the debacle at the end.

3 minutes injury time despite 2 goals scored and subs, then their player laid down for nearly 2 min and he allowed them to punt the ball upfield.

Not saying we'd have scored, but that was some strange decisions.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
My one hope now is Shaw can come back looking a player, there's a very obvious gap in our team in LB.

DevilRed

That stoppage in play, what the feck was that? Is that even allowed?

We had the ball in a promising position and the ref decided to stop the play then give a drop ball later, what the actual feck was that?
Because its a head injury they had to stop it. Which they didnt do for us when pogba went down and jese almost scored if not for DDG.

SirScholes

wow some need to chill out, someone is whinging that our first goals are coming from set plays, didn't know they were worth any less.

Cant have it both ways, you cant lick Jones's arse for 3 games then call him shit, its a hard place to go we made 2 silly mistakes then Stoke were happy to play for the point despite being the team on the up, just shows how pathetic they are.

Lukaku needs to be more ruthless in front of goal, Martial's ball to him was dreamy.

Aside from the 2 defensive mistakes my biggest pet peeve is why the feck did Mata not take that free kick at the end, he is a beast at free kicks twice the threat of Lukaku from that situation

Terrible after the international break just like last year. Awful performance, no reason to change the system. Way too slow in the buildup. Only decent performance was from DDG. Choupo-Moting had the game of his life. Stoke's time wasting was a disgrace. Oh well, being good was fun while it lasted

Irrational.

Stoke really are a bit of despicable, game-raising club. Even ex-United players like Mark Hughes and Fletcher turn into whiney bitter cnuts there.

And their fans are unbearable. I hope we trounce these feckers at home.

ash_86

Both goals were because of our CB's having a crappy day at once. We should be winning these if we are to challenge for anything.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Centre-backs almost deserved to be dropped after today, if Smalling and Lindeløf turn in a good performance in the week Mourinho will need to consider who are his top choices.
Talk sense. Yes they had a bad game today but don't bring Smalling into any equation.

Player Ratings

5.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 548 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Stoke win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 32% Stoke 0:2 Man Utd
  • 20% Stoke 1:2 Man Utd