PL W FA Premier League

Tottenham Hotspur 0:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 13 January 2019

Ibrahimorich

Oh the irony. A classic Mourinho away performance...

Great first half. Really went toe to toe with Spurs and were the better team. Great pass and killer finish from Rashford.

Lady luck is going to be incredibly sore after that second half though. I think that exposed that we really don't have any trusted options on the bench to try to shore things up or change things around. Could've done with Sanchez as a sub but we desperately need another trustworthy CM.

Fantastic win though. :D

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
United are fun to watch again. The fire is back.

Amazing what a change of manager can do.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Great 1st half, best we've played for a long time. The subs disjointed us quite a bit. Lukaku just didn't fit in to the plan of that game, and it showed.

Good saves from De Gea, but they were all really poor finishes mostly.

Great win regardless.

Nikelesh Reddy

Wow,what a game!!We looked great in the first half....None of our lads were below 7/10....But unfortunately we gave them far too much respect in the 2nd half.We dropped far too deep and we invited pressure onto us...David was just incredible,it’s been a while since we saw such a superhuman performance from him,but oh boy,he was just out of this world!

All in all,a great great result for us....And the reds go marching on,on,on!!!

redom

Got away with that in the second half, very good in the first though when we went toe to toe with them and maybe edged it, just need to find a way to maintain that over the majority of the game because you don't want your keeper to ever have that much work to do.

Ibi Dreams

Only caught the second half, and it was fecking nervy, but De Gea, Pogba and Herrera were superb. Fantastic win, so happy for Ole right now

Kapardin

Great performance. We bossed it in the first half and for 10 mins of the second, I would think.

Ole didn't go Mourinho-ball without valid reasons. Jones, Herrera, Young, Matic and Lindelof were tiring having to keep up with that Spurs attack and not entirely being used to high tempo football, with Pogba and Martial offering nothing much defensively. We had no choice but to protect our lead and after 80 minutes in a tough away game, sitting back when its' the only option left is acceptable.

Credit to Ole for getting his tactics right. Spurs couldn't predict where our forwards would pop up, we razed them on the counter as well. Our counter attacking looks the sharpest it has done in 4 years as well.

A minus would be leaving Fellaini out of the squad. I get it, he isn't suited to our game and would probably leave this summer, but in a tough game like this when midfield options are thin, I reckon we would have done a better job shielding De Gea and maybe even nicking a second had he come on at '75 or so. But ok, Ole got the job done.

Hope Arsenal beat Chelsea next week, and we beat Brighton with no upsets. That would mean we would be 3 points off 4th.:drool:

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
De Gea proved he's the best in the world but reading some of the posts I'd have thought Lloris was unemployed for 90 minutes. He also made two fantastic saves that kept the result at 1-0. Not many GKs would've had the presence of mind to go out and save the dink from Pogba.

I must admit I wrote us off before the game. A draw was possible for me but never a win. Such a hard shift put by our players, good on them.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Absolutely stunning from De Gea. Fantastic performances from Lindelof, and Herrera. Pogba is a joy to watch when he plays with the swagger of Cantona.

Well done to all the lads today, massive effort to get over the line.

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
De Gea said "We defended well." at the in the post most interview. Yeah, right, "we". Such humility.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Ole Ole Ole! Wow. That was a huge test. Sometimes you have to grind out these games. All the team grafted.

DDG - Ed give him all the money he wants. Unbelievable. Lost track of how many saves he made. At the end he just didn't look bothered. Seemed to get easier for him. Amazing.

Very happy! Great win!

StoicRed

Tottenham kept firing away for the last 10 minutes of the match and I was pretty sure they'd eventually get an equalizer... but god damn, David De Gea is one helluva goalkeeper. Test passed for Ole!

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Ole's at the wheel, tell me how good does it feel...

PS) De Gea needs a new contract asap

dogwithabone

Loris made three brilliant saves from Pogba alone in that second half. Truth is we should have had that game out of sight well before Spurs came on strong in last 25 minutes.

bleedred

It’s good to see caf breakdown for good reasons after a long time!!!

Zlatan Ibrahomovic

Tottenham were all over us but convincing and strong performances from Herrera, Pogba and Lindelöf, and the best goalkeeper in the world gave us 3 points that we don't have to be ashamed about.

Rajma

Haven't experienced emotions like that for a long time. Get in!!!!! Questionable subs though but we managed to get away with it this time.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
BUZZING. 2nd half was shocking but who cares about that right now. Will discuss that later.

Man of the Match

David de Gea image David de Gea 95% of 969 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

7.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 776 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Tottenham win
  • Draw