PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:1 Tottenham Hotspur

Post-match discussion

Wed, 04 December 2019

Wolfmother

Supports
Man Utd
Good to win a game with a bit of spark for once, especially against Mourinho. Happy that he didn’t get to smirk through what would definitely have been false modesty after beating us at home. My god Spurs were meek though. Didn’t see that coming at all.

Have to say though, this forum is so bipolar. I suppose it’s different people posting, or at least I hope so. Obviously it’s good to win, but someone comparing Fred to Edgar Davids? Boggles the mind.

Ole’s post-match doesn’t sit well with me, and just confirms my picture of a weak manager. I think he should go, so that is what it is, but he is so obsequious with the press. Just basking in those pat on the back type questions, it’s a bit sad. And the way he talks about playing carefree, like you’re back home in the backyard etc. It feels like he is installing an underdog mentality in the squad. Maybe it’s just where they’re at now, but I can see how that kind of talk could put off more senior or ambitious players.

And that mentality or identity will not build a consistent team, comfortable with being under pressure to create and dominate week after week.
Wow :eek: You didnt get it at all, did you? They where under pressure, but they played with confidence, energy, and was playing like they would in their back yard. That is not the right mentality? :lol:

Gator Nate

Wow :eek: You didnt get it at all, did you? They where under pressure, but they played with confidence, energy, and was playing like they would in their back yard. That is not the right mentality? :lol:
I mean, it sounds like the mentality I want my team to have. And that answer was specifically to the point of Rashford's consistency. Ole's exact point was that he really seems to be settling down and feeling comfortable in that role, which is something we desperately need.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Does Glaston realise they haven't overturned the midweek result?

Does Glaston realise they aren't in the top 4?

Valuedrug

No, that’s not the mentality I’d want them to have as a collective. The care free, relaxed style. I don’t that will take us very far. Ole was asked about Rashford, that is true, and of course young players might a coach helping to take the pressure off on specific occasions. But Ole said they were encouraging that mentality in general, and if that’s true, I think that’s either a mistake, or indicative of how far our level of ambition has dropped.

I don’t think Guardiola, Klopp or even Fergie approached team culture like that. And that’s the level I want United to aspire to. Sure, it might win us the games where the pressure isn’t on us to win. But in my opinion it’s not compatible with believing you will dominate and win against anyone. And that still has to be the mindset to aim for at a club like United.

Man of the Match

Marcus Rashford image Marcus Rashford 74% of 443 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 430 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Tottenham win
  • Draw