PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:1 Tottenham Hotspur

Post-match discussion

Wed, 04 December 2019

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Not if we have 3 of our 4 midfielders out injured like we did when we last played those two teams.

Why do people find this so hard to grasp?
Newcastle? Palace? Bournemouth? 10 man Southampton? Give over with the injury rhetoric. We've failed to win numerous winnable games, with and without certain players.

Siorac

Yeah, so I didn't say I wanted United to lose. Consequences after the game are quite clear though. It's not going to suddenly change after a year. With someone else, it might.
Look, I understand if after a defeat someone says that at least we're one step closer to getting rid of the manager they want rid of. I felt that way a few times in the past six years, that at least there's this silver lining in defeats.

But after a good win like this - it wasn't some awful, dodgy win against a terrible team, it was a deserved win against a strong squad - , I find it a bit odd to be so miserable about it. And really, the only reasonable explanation for this misery is that you would have preferred United to lose this.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
:D what did he say?
No I'm joking that I bet he had his comments all rehearsed because he seemed super confident before the game. You know how he is:)

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
The game that ended United's season. Not getting rid of him now, but as we all know it counts for absolutely nothing.

And no, the 5th win of the season is not supposed to make me happy.
Seriously, feck off and support someone else you utter turd.

RamblingRebel

Hitler dead!
Supports
Burnley
McTominay is becoming an integral part of this team. He's not the most technically gifted footballer, but he really makes up for it with his drive, passion and presence, plus he's not afraid to get a bit rough and dirty and get in the oppositions face. Seems to rub off on the rest lads too. I'd make that lad captain so I would!

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
No I'm joking that I bet he had his comments all rehearsed because he seemed super confident before the game. You know how he is:)
:wenger: I meant what did he say before the match. Anyway, he must be pretty unhappy not only with a loss but a horrendous display. They really looked terrible tonight.

siw2007

One of the best performances of the season. Rashford was immense, and Fred put in his best display in a red shirt. Also big welcome back to Scott McTominay who was great too.
Didn’t think much of Spurs tonight, they were uninspiring and dull in possession. Rashford ripped apart their defence all night as well.

peridigm

First match I'm going to re-watch in ages. I was only able to watch it in spurts due to working. Definitely not what I expected. I predicted a 1-3.

Siorac

53% of people want Ole out according to the poll. Yet majority of posts on here are simply enjoying the great performance and win. If your point was correct there would be more then one post complaining about the win. Instead there’s more people complaining about people complaining about the win because they want Ole out then there are actually Ole out people complaining about the win.
My only point was that the idea of some fans not enjoying the win because it buys Solskjaer some time is not pure fiction: those fams do exist. I never claimed they were a majority or even a majority of the Ole Out fans.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
:wenger: I meant what did he say before the match. Anyway, he must be pretty unhappy not only with a loss but a horrendous display. They really looked terrible tonight.
Think he'll make them more defensive, and yes they did look terrible.

VJ1762

I get ya.

There is a wealth of talent within the team that played tonight, it drives you mad watching them crumble when faced with the might of Villa, Rochdale, Astana, et al.

Can only imagine what it must be like to manage them.
I mean, Villa and Sheffield pressed us more than Spurs today, and were highly organised. If teams don't press and leave spaces behind them, we can be a very good team, as shown against Brighton and Spurs.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Most enjoyable game of the season by a long way. If we played like that every game I’d be happy with not always winning.

Had a feeling we’d game raise for it.

Suvvernmanc

Thankfully Jose set up defensively, especially in the 1st half. Allowed us to gain confidence in attack.

Mindhunter

Really happy with the result. I am glad that the boys still care. Even though I want us to improve - both on the manager front and recruitment - but I am really overjoyed today. We definitely needed it.
Solskjær deserves credit for today. No one can take this away from him - defeating a smug Mourinho who tore into him as a pundit claiming that he has an easy job of having fun with kids etc. Now the same kids have defeated his team of grown ups.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
  • 19% Man Utd 1:2 Tottenham
  • 9% Man Utd 1:3 Tottenham
  • 8% Man Utd 0:2 Tottenham
  • 8% Man Utd 0:3 Tottenham
  • 2% Man Utd 0:1 Tottenham
  • 2% Man Utd 0:5 Tottenham
  • 2% Man Utd 1:4 Tottenham
  • 1% Man Utd 2:3 Tottenham
  • 1% Man Utd 4:0 Tottenham
  • 0% Man Utd 2:4 Tottenham
  • 0% Man Utd 2:5 Tottenham
  • 0% Man Utd 3:0 Tottenham
I would like to express my condolonces to 54% of Caf that voted, and all of those who wanted us to lose, and those who were saying we gonna get "smashed", "stuffed", etc.
Have a great day.

Shimo

Only caught the second half but, we looked dominant. Fred was immense and Rashford was a man possessed. With the way our season has gone, even though Spurs were shit, felt they'd score out of nothing, thank goodness that didn't happen.

Still some issues playing out the back though. There was a point think around 70th minute where Maguire hoofs it to midfield and luckily nothing came of it but, could see him complaining about the huge gap. between him and options to play it forward to.

Ole made the right choices in his subs but, it's the issue with our squad. Having to bring in Perreira who can maybe be better defensively but, coughs up possession way to easily. We had no attacking options either had we needed to change the game.

This is another game where Ole better take note, Fred and McTomminnay in the base of midfield needs to stay, when Pogba is back, he needs to take that 10 role or whatever but, he can't try to put Pogba in a 2. Will result in same problems we had with Perreria.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
McTominay is becoming an integral part of this team. He's not the most technically gifted footballer, but he really makes up for it with his drive, passion and presence, plus he's not afraid to get a bit rough and dirty and get in the oppositions face. Seems to rub off on the rest lads too. I'd make that lad captain so I would!
Reminds me more and more of Bryan Robson

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I would like to express my condolonces to 54% of Caf that voted, and all of those who wanted us to lose, and those who were saying we gonna get "smashed", "stuffed", etc.
Have a great day.
Only 1% of the caf fancied us to beat them 4-0?

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
McTominay and Fred really were the difference today. Rashford obviously won us the game as was unplayable but McT offers so much more than Andreas

Wan-Bissaka was class and Dave was solid too. Really good performance.

Canuckred64

Very good win and a great performance. But its frustrating that we can play well against top teams but not against teams we should beat easily.

Zed 101

When I heard Martial was out I thought no Martial, no Pogba, no McTom, no chance.... then saw McT on the team sheet and my heart leapt, he made some mistakes tonight but the difference he makes to the midfield, including Fred plays better when he is there just shows how vulnerable we are to injuries with this paper thin squad.

Like Gary N keeps saying we are crying out for a couple of seasoned players to come in and provide stability.

We were amazing at times tonight, but where was that team against Villa and Southampton, don't get me wrong I am pro Ole, I am in for the longhaul project I think the club needs and he has made a decent start, I think January is very much key, probably the most important transfer opportunity since SAF pinched Cantona from Leeds, if we can grab maybe Haaland, Rakatic on loan just more bodies to help out especially in midfield.

mu4c_20le

Thats not what i heard him say, must be a different interview. On TV he seemed to suggest we started out more aggressive in the first part of the first half, then his team took back control. In the second half we got the penalty and the confidence to play our game, play defensively and waste time.

Walters_19_MuFc

Controlled the game. Even when Spurs had possession, I never really felt like they would score. Jose's Spurs were awful!

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Have a great day.
Getting a bit silly now, being pessimistic and expecting us to drop points doesn't mean we all want to drop points.

reddevil702

Best game I’ve seen United play in a long time. One of the few where I never felt we would lose.

freddie the red

Was really concerned before the match that the gods had got their ducks in a row for Jose to turn up with his new team and spank his old team and successor.
Thankfully we had other ideas and basically schooled them for 90% of the match and really should have had 3 or 4 against them.
It reignites my faith in the team and Ole, especially when we've still got sub standard players on the pitch.....can you imagine how well we would do with proper players in place of them?
Not bothered if we never saw Pogba or Martial in the shirt again. Both have everything going for them except their attitude.
Happy tonight though, let's do City and hope Kasper can nick a 2nd PL winner's medal from the scouser's grasp!

Redrob84

Great game, can’t fault the effort from the lads. Young was his usual self which was a disappointment, also McT was a little sloppy. Need more in the next game, confidence when we’re attacking is sorely missing

Man of the Match

Marcus Rashford image Marcus Rashford 74% of 443 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 430 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Tottenham win
  • Draw