PL W FA Premier League

Tottenham Hotspur 1:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 11 April 2021

Hughes35

Very good second half. The difference a good CF makes is huge.

We MUST get Haaland or Kane in the summer !!!!!

VAR really is awful though. It adds nothing positive to the game and never will IMO. I was always against it and would love things to go back to how they were.

RedDevilzFox

Very good second half. The difference a good CF makes is huge.

We MUST get Haaland or Kane in the summer !!!!!

VAR really is awful though. It adds nothing positive to the game and never will IMO. I was always against it and would love things to go back to how they were.
That's a hyperbole to say VAR adds nothing. It definitely statistically improves the decision making over one left entirely to the refs. Once you accept even with VAR you will get a dodgy decision or two going against you (and sometimes for you) its almost definitely better than the other option.

Reactions: lysglimt

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Great performance and result. Should have been 0-4!
And we got our revenge for the 1-6 where they played against unfit 10 men.
Yesterday however we won against well rested 12 men. Eat that, Jose!

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Im not defending son, but he did something that unfortunately every modern football player now does. Rashford does it too. Everyone does it! It is annoying as heck, but racial abuse is never acceptable.

He gave the refs an opportunity to make a call, unfortunately the refs didnt see right through it.

I blame the refs more than anyone.
Has anyone been racist towards Son here? He's gotten a lot of vitrol but I havent seen somethingt that's been targeting his place of origin, just how wildly impressive ability to recover from facial fractures in minutes.

Redlyn

Has anyone been racist towards Son here? He's gotten a lot of vitrol but I havent seen somethingt that's been targeting his place of origin, just how wildly impressive ability to recover from facial fractures in minutes.
Not on here but on twitter (afaics). I dont know how racist "dog eating cnut" is, I mean its hardly his race but something apparently prevalent in his culture, I am no an expert on racism but maybe its all the same as it refers to his origin.

lysglimt

Scout
Not on here but on twitter (afaics). I dont know how racist "dog eating cnut" is, I mean its hardly his race but something apparently prevalent in his culture, I am no an expert on racism but maybe its all the same as it refers to his origin.
That's not racist to me - stupid but not racist.

TrueRed1999

Somehow bleaker than Nostradamus
Tottenham 1:0 Man Utd - Son (40')

Tottenham 1:1 Man Utd - Fred (57')

Tottenham 1:2 Man Utd - Cavani (79')

Tottenham 1:3 Man Utd - Greenwood (90' + 6)
Fantastic second half again after we grew into the game and got robbed by the officials, VAR and Son. Great to see Ole show some passion, aggression and tenacity on the touchline. I thought he did great today lets hope we can bring this into the last games of the season and hopefully win the Europa which would be a decent campaign to build from going into next season. :devil:

Shiva87

I re-watched the second half today and it was so much more pleasing to see the way we kept going for it. Never looked like a team willing to accept defeat or even a draw, when we could have settled. Begs the question on why we habe settled for draws so many times earlier in the season.

Anyway, these were the points I wanted to make:

- Cavani was magnificent throughout that half.

- Pogba's performance in a weird position was very good and gave the team a second creative outlet. It's clear that Jose had crowded out Bruno with his 2DMs which allowed the team to use an alternative source of creative input. Very good to watch.

- The last 10 mins (from 84mins onwards) was the best game management I have seen from United since Jose's horrific season. We didn't drop back. Kept the ball. Frustrated them into niggling fouls. Broke up play. Took it to their corner. And scored when they ultimately became desparate for a goal and left too much space at the back.

- Greenwood getting his confidence back could be immense for us towards the end of the season with Martial injured. I only wish we were closer to City to make a real fight out of it. As it stands, there seems to be no catching them - which is disappointing considering where we were in January.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
The last 10 mins (from 84mins onwards) was the best game management I have seen from United since Jose's horrific season. We didn't drop back. Kept the ball. Frustrated them into niggling fouls. Broke up play. Took it to their corner. And scored when they ultimately became desparate for a goal and left too much space at the back.
The lads were amazing down that left side. Spurs must've been livid.

bsCallout

The dog eating comment was in the match day thread too. Can't remember who posted it.

lex talionis

At halftime the game looked to me a lot like the match 20 years when we beat Spurs 3-5. You could see great things lay ahead in the second half.

Cavani and Pogba delivered a masterclass in how it’s done.

lysglimt

Scout
Oh for christs sake - Koreans eat dogs. Icelandic people eat whales - would it be racist if someone called Sigurdsson for whale-eating ... ? Not everything is racist. Some comments are just stupid

thepolice123

I re-watched the second half today and it was so much more pleasing to see the way we kept going for it. Never looked like a team willing to accept defeat or even a draw, when we could have settled. Begs the question on why we habe settled for draws so many times earlier in the season.

Anyway, these were the points I wanted to make:

- Cavani was magnificent throughout that half.

- Pogba's performance in a weird position was very good and gave the team a second creative outlet. It's clear that Jose had crowded out Bruno with his 2DMs which allowed the team to use an alternative source of creative input. Very good to watch.

- The last 10 mins (from 84mins onwards) was the best game management I have seen from United since Jose's horrific season. We didn't drop back. Kept the ball. Frustrated them into niggling fouls. Broke up play. Took it to their corner. And scored when they ultimately became desparate for a goal and left too much space at the back.

- Greenwood getting his confidence back could be immense for us towards the end of the season with Martial injured. I only wish we were closer to City to make a real fight out of it. As it stands, there seems to be no catching them - which is disappointing considering where we were in January.
We have learnt alot since conceding last minute goals against Southampton last season and Everton this season. It was brilliant to see. Reminded me of the times when Giggs and Ronaldo would take the piss on the flanks, buying cheap fouls and getting us the corner.

Lassitude42

I think Spurs trying to press us actually helped us find space, and for once we had some strong one-touch passing.

Also having the creativity of Pogba out wide really helped. We're crying out for more creativity from the wings.

All in all it was an excellent performance, particularly in the second half. The sort of convincing victory against a domestic rival that give you a lot of optimism for the future. Despite substantial room for improvement, we should never forget the good work Ole has done getting us here. Our squad was so, so bad 2 years ago.

bsCallout

Oh for christs sake - Koreans eat dogs. Icelandic people eat whales - would it be racist if someone called Sigurdsson for whale-eating ... ? Not everything is racist. Some comments are just stupid
Yes it's rascist because it assumes that because he is Korean he eats dogs.

Suedesi

Let's face it, you wouldn't say that if you weren't talking about Son.
Dude it's the equivalent of saying no pasta for Totti or no burgers for Pulisic. Some people are oversensitive over anything online, I wonder how they survive in the real world.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Dude it's the equivalent of saying no pasta for Totti or no burgers for Pulisic. Some people are oversensitive over anything online, I wonder how they survive in the real world.
Fair enough if you think it's fine, I guess. We'll never agree on this I feel.

adamwest

Feeling some right aches and pains today. Went absolutely ballistic during that period late in the first half when the goal was disallowed and they subsequently scored. Lost my shit good and proper. Kids & the missus hiding for cover upstairs and laughing their tits off at me, and deservedly so.

Fast forward to the second half - knee slide celebrations in between polishing off whatever booze we had lingering around. A proper Sunday

Charlie Foley

Feeling some right aches and pains today. Went absolutely ballistic during that period late in the first half when the goal was disallowed and they subsequently scored. Lost my shit good and proper. Kids & the missus hiding for cover upstairs and laughing their tits off at me, and deservedly so.

Fast forward to the second half - knee slide celebrations in between polishing off whatever booze we had lingering around. A proper Sunday
If you actually did a knee slide celebration in your own home then mate you’re a bit of a knob :lol:

Charlie Foley

For our first goal, I would be fuming if i am their defensive coach. You follow the runners. Protest later.
Yes. Especially with VAR it makes no sense. Deal with the issue and then if needed let the camera do its job. I used to love how Gary Neville would often deal with an issue defensively and THEN look to the linesman for an offside flag, don’t leave it to chance but still demand a fair call/high standard.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Saw the highlights on MOTD and now rewatching the whole game on Sky again! I was wrong about Cavani - not world-class, actually out of this world. the movement, the passion, the telling youngsters where to put the ball and the goal is even better third time round, bloody outstanding header (not to mention the clearance off the line)

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
So mentioning food that famous for a certain nation is racist now?

"No burger to you American", is racist now?
I must say, I've never really heard that being said before. Also, context. In a world where Asians are being racially abused, both online and in real life, seeing that is jarring.

dutchred

if you loof at the relpay of the Son incident you see that Mac touches him with his hand on the left side of his face but Son goes down holding his right side. Surely the referee and the VAr ref can see this

ChaddyP

I'd say it's rascism. Especially when used in an aggressive and derogatory manner and being simply based on their nationality.
saying derogatory about something based on nationality is racist? didnt realise thats how far the definition has stretched.

if you made fun of me for eating goat meat because i was Jamaican you would be considered racist?

Reactions: lysglimt

Man of the Match

Paul Pogba image Paul Pogba 51% of 426 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

7.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 401 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Tottenham win