FA W FA Cup 4th Round

Tranmere Rovers 0:6 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 26 January 2020

shaky

Good performance but this is what baffled me a league one opposition with a full fledged premier starting 11 ? I think Solskjaer is feeling the pressure a little too much to the extent he's being slightly desperate. He should be putting all his eggs into the Europa / Top four basket. Forget about the rest we can't build from domestic cup success.
Well, we've just seen Liverpool put out a weakened team and they just landed themselves a needless replay. We did it the correct way here. Get the game sealed up, then rest players in the second half.

Alabaster Codify7

I would have taken any kind of win on that travesty of a pitch, and no injuries, so I'm happy with that - some belting goals, actually. Happy for a few of the lads that dont score or at least not often. One gripe, not related to the match itself - the fecking media in the UK don't half have different standards for English players. Lingard getting feckign MOTM and the commentator loving how 'great' he looked. Mate, he's playing at his fecking level what do you expect? There's a reason he looked lively today yet is anonymous against PL teams - he isnt a PL player, that's why.

Imagine if that was Pogba's return game or something. The narrative would have been "yeah he's been but this is what you expect from a player with his reputation, we need to see more of it."

Its a joke.

Hopefully we draw another lower level team so we can rotate a bit and try and sneak through with a weakened 11.

wm28600

Delighted Lingard got his goal. We need to show faith in our young players.

freddie the red

The thing that made me look twice is that Mason is so obviously left footed during general play but took the pen with his right. It only bobbled in as well so if the keeper had guessed the other way he could have bent down and picked it up!!

meninred

We shouldnot ready anything on FA Cups and Leage cups. They are irrelevant.

RedNed77

He only said back 3 with Jones in the middle is "way" forward.
He didn't say with Jones moving forward!
Fair enough, for me it looked more like Maguire playing as a DM today rather than a 3 at the back.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
It's just so nice to see us win convincingly. With this United side you just never know what you are going to get. For once the long shots paid off! Let's hope the confidence stays in the side going forward.

ColvaleGoa

It's just so nice to see us win convincingly. With this United side you just never know what you are going to get. For once the long shots paid off! Let's hope the confidence stays in the side going forward.
Well...we got a Wednesday fixture..:(

KristianMackle

I didnt watch nor did I care about the result. I just cant enjoy beating a league one side after losing to Burnley at home.
I still want the same players binned.
Just losing interest in a side that lost interest in itself long ago.

Russky14

Well, we've just seen Liverpool put out a weakened team and they just landed themselves a needless replay. We did it the correct way here. Get the game sealed up, then rest players in the second half.

Not really relevant as the Scouserpudlians have already sewn up the tile. They can play an extra 8 matches this season with that blinking lead.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
The state of our "fans", some of you can't even enjoy a 6-0 win.

Just feck off.

I could understand if you had some proper criticism, or some actual debatable content, you're just a bunch of moaning cnuts because your premonitions/wishes of a defeat of us didn't come true.

Give the lads some credit, they done their job, some played well, others got minutes under their belt. We won convincingly. We got some confidence. Take some positives.

Off topic: it's like everyday life, everyone prefers to fecking moan over giving some praise or credit.

Stadjer

Liverpool played 2 players who might/maybe start for them in a premier league game (Fabinho and Matip or Lovren). In Ole his line up only Dalot never starts Premier League games.

I dont think anybody wanted to play 11 reserve/youth players but four or five players who arent options to start premier league games (Garner, Gomes, Chong and Dalot instead of Maguire, Lingard, Matic/Fred and Martial) wouldnt have been a team that shouldnt be able to win against Tranmere. I think Ole played it way too safe with his line-up. I can see his point of view though.. he wants to win a trophy to show he isnt just a Norway level manager and if he lost today people would have asked for his sacking even more.

Obviously that would also mean that only two centre backs had played instead of three centrebacks like today.

Drainy

The thing that made me look twice is that Mason is so obviously left footed during general play but took the pen with his right. It only bobbled in as well so if the keeper had guessed the other way he could have bent down and picked it up!!
looked to me like he was planning to slot it in a corner, but since the goalkeeper guessed right he changed at the last second and instepped it into the middle.

TheReligion

Abusive
I didnt watch nor did I care about the result. I just cant enjoy beating a league one side after losing to Burnley at home.
Why you posting about it then?
If you didn't care you wouldn't bother surely. Or do you like not caring but letting everyone know you don't care?

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
But but but five at the back against Tranmere.

white text
You cant pick and choose mate. That's not how supporting a club works

Edit. Not sure why both of these posts were quoted?

reddevil80

Pleased to see the boys finally play well, and that on a crappy pitch too! I don't give a damn about none of the " it's only Tranmere " BS. They still have to play and beat the opponents and they did, convincingly! I only have one negative from today and that is still Pereira!!!!

How does he keep getting game time? Angel should've come on or maybe even started ahead of him yet Ole keeps using him. That has to stop for ours and Ole's sake.

I hope they kick on and actually start getting the results they should be getting, just as they did today. We should be beating teams like these with these scorelines and I for one, have fingers crossed that we start seeing these kinds of games more regular.

Fitchett

Job done! A good professional performance, when the media were hovering like vultures to gloat over any slip up.

And yes, the UK media are so biased in favour of English players. Lingard MOTM, what a joke. Maguire and Matic were the two stand out players for me this afternoon. Good performances from plenty of our fringe players, with Romero keeping yet another clean sheet. Only ones I felt were below standard were Pereira, Lingard and Chong.

cj_sparky

Credit where it is due. Wasn't sure that we needed the 5 defenders albeit two playing as wing backs, still feel it wasn't totally necessary. Was also unsure of playing certain players on that pitch with our current injury issues. Gladly they came through unscathed.

It was a good result regardless of who we played against. It was a professional performance, we scored some cracking goals with some interesting scorers and I'm happy we won.

:)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The state of our "fans", some of you can't even enjoy a 6-0 win.

Just feck off.

I could understand if you had some proper criticism, or some actual debatable content, you're just a bunch of moaning cnuts because your premonitions/wishes of a defeat of us didn't come true.

Give the lads some credit, they done their job, some played well, others got minutes under their belt. We won convincingly. We got some confidence. Take some positives.

Off topic: it's like everyday life, everyone prefers to fecking moan over giving some praise or credit.
Yep. Sh!te fans who probably associated themselves with the club in the mid 90s, and now can't take that we're not currently dominant.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Disagree, We have slipped up on many occasions in the last few years by going into games like this with exactly the wrong mindset. Today, no arrogance, no showboating. A professional performance, regardless of who it is. Positives to be taken from any game if you look hard enough.
Games like this with opponents as poor as Tranmere ? I highly doubt it

dogwithabone

Credit where credit is due, we were very professional today. You can only beat what’s in front of you and I can’t really see how anyone can be anything but positive about today. Two players break their ducks, another gets back amongst the goals, the much maligned Jones even gets one and both strikers add to their tallies.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Good win, solid performance. All of the goals were weird, every one of them felt like a "hang on, we've seen none of that this season!" goals. On a shit pitch with a crap ball against a crap team.

Devil may care

They are a team on the verge of relegation in the division below us so we can't really take anything from this game other than it was good to see some nice goals, but the way Maguire and Shaw were just running through them time and again tells you what we were playing against.

meamth

Weird comments about Perreira and Lingard.

They clearly toying with them in their midfield this game.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Amazingly our defenders got three assists today alone (Lindeloef, Maguire, Shaw), whilst in the other 36 games this season they have had only another five in total (Maguire, AWB, Shaw, Williams, Young).

Bocca9978

Much better.
Passing was on point, best I’ve seen for a while. Which is great on that pitch.

Man of the Match

Harry Maguire image Harry Maguire 56% of 206 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 201 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Tranmere Rovers win
  • Draw