PL W FA Premier League

Watford 1:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 15 September 2018

roseguy64

To be fair he has a point, people are talking like we just beat the champions, can’t decide what’s more embarrassing people doing that or people saying they can’t wait for Jose to go.

Watford tho were a team we could easily have lost to and it was a tough game and first half I felt like we were really good on the front foot and taking it to them. 2nd half we looked nervy and tried to shut up shop which just invited them on to us and I don’t know what Jose is talking about when he said he wasn’t impressed that we didn’t attack as much as he wanted in the 2nd half. He took off Sanchez for McTominay then later Valencia off for Bailly which I have no real problem with because they were good decisions when you’re defending a lead and expecting them to bombard you with high balls, but don’t BS us like you brought them on to help your team retake control of the game and attack.
Where's the implication from him that those subs were brought on for that purpose?

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I don't understand some of the bellyaching I'm seeing after getting a solid three points at Watford. People saying we should blast Watford off the pitch. Blah, blah, blah.

Get real.

Everyone's darlings, Liverpool, were unspectacular in beating Palace, Brighton and Leicester. Yet when they ground out victories its the form of potential champions say the pundits. When we go and end Watford's unbeaten run its United should expect to do better. :rolleyes:

It just shows how many people are basically brainwashed by the media. I guarantee if Liverpool beat Southampton at the weekend 1-0, the pundits will be saying stuff like 'these are the kind of points they would've dropped last season, more evidence why they're many people's favourites for the title.' If we beat Wolves 1-0 though it'll be 'these are the kind of routine wins United should be getting, we won't see if they've turned a corner until they do it in the big games.'

Klopp_De_Klown

2 good away wins now in what were sticky games that you could drop points at. Since the spurs game it's been more attacking and while it's not been perfect had we taken our chances in any of these games it would have felt and been much easier. But that's football it doesn't always roll for you as we saw first hand against spurs.

We march on happy that things are improving at last and wasn't it good to see Pogba smiling and looking like he gave a shit at last, still a bit to go but if he could start to click. We'll not be too far off last season quota probably improve on it as he is that unknown quantity that if he plays you won't mark him

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Glad with the result at the weekend but our inability to kill games off is a problem that's yet to be addressed, big scorelines give confidence and yet we're just scraping by and it's far too early in the season to just be scraping by

Esquire

Just wait til Martial gets the Jose refurb treatment. Worked wonders so far for Young, Fellaini, Shaw who were all deemed washed up by some of you lot.
You lot? Which lot is that. The fair unbiased lot who think Martial has done nothing this year so far to earn his place? If Martial does come around and be anywhere near his first season, many of this “lot” would be happy to stand corrected.

Esquire

LOL. This is nothing new you know, he has been like this for about 5 years now. I've given up on anything from our right hand side.
That’s what frustrating. Yes he is 32(?) but you can still he still has the physical skills but he is strictly a defensive RB now. But you are right, he is what he is at this stage so hopefully Dalot can step in and play a few games soon.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
2 good away wins now in what were sticky games that you could drop points at. Since the spurs game it's been more attacking and while it's not been perfect had we taken our chances in any of these games it would have felt and been much easier. But that's football it doesn't always roll for you as we saw first hand against spurs.

We march on happy that things are improving at last and wasn't it good to see Pogba smiling and looking like he gave a shit at last, still a bit to go but if he could start to click. We'll not be too far off last season quota probably improve on it as he is that unknown quantity that if he plays you won't mark him
Pogba had a couple of cracking shots that in another day would be one or two goals (whatnot with Foster turned into superhuman Gk, just like other Gks against us). That Watford game was one of the best game he had, where everything he did has purpose.

Of that game, I saw that our defense always tried to keep the possession. Even Young that was the guilty suspect of just booting it out it last year, had improved. Then the biggest thing for me was, the midfield for once looked organized and passed the ball around like top class team should be. I see the work in progress, and we'll see if we can keep the momentum for next games, and also last longer than 45 minutes.

Canagel

If we start to kill these games off and learn to stop inviting pressure we could go a long way. At the moment we lack a little bit of killer instinct but there are good signs that we are moving forward as a team.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
People making out Watford are Real Madrid or Harlem Gloabtrotters-get a grip!!!

We are a mediocre team with a has been manager, the sooner he goes the better all round.
Last season, our "has-been manager", finished ahead of all teams, except for one, in the league. If he is a has-been, what about all the other managers?
I'd love to hear your explanation to this.

ash_86

If we start to kill these games off and learn to stop inviting pressure we could go a long way. At the moment we lack a little bit of killer instinct but there are good signs that we are moving forward as a team.
Our biggest problem. Drives me crazy the amount of chances we're missing. We gotta put it in from four years out FFS

Man of the Match

Marouane Fellaini image Marouane Fellaini 39% of 668 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 451 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Watford win
  • Draw