PL W FA Premier League

Watford 1:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 15 September 2018

extincti fugax hominum

We like to make it difficult for ourselves, don't we? Need to kill the games more frequently. It cost us against Spurs and could have cost us today in the end. We should have made it 3-0 in the first half.

Member 113277

We just beat a team with 4/4 wins, at theirs. Great result.

Sanchez is trying my patience at £350k/week.

AndyMUFC

Great result, won the game in the first half. Made it harder than it could've been in the second half but we've come out of two difficult looking away games with six points.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I still don't get the new Martial...
During pre-season, he was without doubt, the worst player on the pitch.
Eventually, he put himself out of his misery by flying back to Europe. He was done.
Everytime I have seen him on the pitch since then, has been more of the same. He needs to leave and like Memphis Depay before him, find his fortune at another club. He had one good season for us and that was 3 years ago, when he was fresh and had less pressure and expectation.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
On the plus side we have come through two tricky aways in a row with six points. Twice going down to 10 men and showing the fight needed to win. We do need to be more clinical though. The last two games have been made harder to win by us spurning chances top teams should score.

jmaggio

We play for periods with a high press and a more offensive mindset. In the first few games it was only happening for 10 mins or so but the length of these periods has been growing gradually. We are improving and you cannot deny it.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
It was a yellow card challenge. If it was against us we would be fuming if no card given.
Matic blocked a player 5 or 10 minutes before where Dean gave advantage and I think he had that in the back of his mind, of course you could give a yellow card for the challenge on itself but it wasn't particularly hard or nasty I'd say.

OldSchoolManc

Good result against a team that will surprise a few this season.
De God, man of the match Fellaini, Smalling and Lukaku all got us there.

Reddevildans

Fully deserved victory. Did enough in the first half to put the game to bed. Poorly coordinated counter attacks second half which we need to improve. Better decision making required. Felliani was great

sugar_kane

Hard fought win. It was our defensive players who the game for us with Fellaini, Matic, Smalling and Young especially good.

Our attackers just weren’t on form at all today but were working hard with the exception of Martial who was really disappointing. I get Jose’s frustrations with him.

Oldyella

Made hard work of the second half, but I think anyone would have taken that result before the game started.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
During pre-season, he was without doubt, the worst player on the pitch.
Eventually, he put himself out of his misery by flying back to Europe. He was done.
Everytime I have seen him on the pitch since then, has been more of the same. He needs to leave and like Memphis Depay before him, find his fortune at another club. He had one good season for us and that was 3 years ago, when he was fresh and had less pressure and expectation.
He can feck off, for all I care. No shite he's given on the field. People moaning about Pogba's attitude, but Martial's ten times worse.

Ahsan_6386

It was an ok performance in the end . Fellaini and Smalling were the standouts . As has been the case most of this season we have been dominating the 1st half and lethargic in the 2nd . There seemed a process to our attacks unlike the normal go out and just score somehow . Sanchez is getting a little better this season but needs to do much more . Pogba was good considering all the transfer circus going around him . Martial deserves to be left out of the team . His body language and disinterest was totally showing . He had great chances of counter but seemed more interested in jogging around and in the end helped Matic earn a red for not defending the left side .

Eriku

Good game from us. Not feeling too bad about the second half, Watford were always going to come out looking different in the second half, don’t think it’s because of Jose’s pragmatism.

Pogba was excellent, Sanchez looks completely off the boil, bar a few inverted crosses, and Dave is the Messiah.

Also, the match thread is full of cretins who haven’t a clue what it means to support a team. Disgraceful shit being said when McTominay came on.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Sanchez shite, Pogba great is what I'm reading. Seriously don't know what game some on here were watching.. Good win, should have been done and dusted in the first half. Poor from Watford and a great first half from us.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Great first half and overall a deserved win. We are certainly moving in the right direction, just need to do what we did today, against Fulham and against Spurs in large periods for the full 90. Away to Watford isn't an easy fixture, so I'll take the 3 points.

Get In Scholesy

Don’t let that last 15 minutes fool you. It was a very good performance from us against a very good home side.

We are looking more cohesive as a unit. Fellaini and Smalling were excellent. Matic was great as well, thought Martial was partially responsible for the sending off.

All in all, 3 points on the road from a difficult fixture.

SirAF

Ageist
Extremely important win! Enjoy the result and look forward to Champions League again, you miserable bastards :D

The Firestarter

Sanchez shite, Pogba great is what I'm reading. Seriously don't know what game some of here were watching.. Good win, should have been done and dusted in the first half. Poor from Watford and a great first half from us.
And which game did you watch?

dove

Looked good until we conceded. After it happened we just turned to shite. Pogba started dribbling past everyone, all subs were ineffective. I really have no idea how McTominay is a Manchester United player. I mean seriously we probably have 10 players in reserves who have more potential but we just waste time on him... Also we had so much space in the second half and we didn't even manage to take a shot from all the chances like attacking 3v1 just for Valencia to make a worst possible pass and ruin everything... Overall a decent game, Watford usually play well at home. Very important 3 points.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Based of 5 games, Alexis shouldn't be playing. Martial would be gone once transfer window is open. How I wish Jose can re-engage Martial to replace Alexis. And we still need to sort out right attacker? OMG.

Fridge chutney

Fellaini did well. DDG staying with us is a massive win. Pogba did well.

Matic sending off was soft. I knew Dean would do it though.

Laurentiu amt

Strange performance, but a much needed win so we can't complain too much.

+'s:
- Lukaku got a goal
- Smalling was good
- DDG is regaining his form
- Felli was good
- Young was decent (still don't like that he does not have any positional sense)

-'s:
- Alexis seems to have no connection with this team - he won't shine here unless our forwards start making them fecking runs
- Matic seems to be slower and slower with each passing week
- Lindelof is good when not pressured but boy he needs to put on some muscle . (he's skinny and a pu$$y atm)
- Tony, as much as I respect the guy for running like a horse, let's be honest, he's nowhere near the quality of a regular united starter at RB
- When playing with Matic and Felli there's too much pressure on Pogs to create shi7

strange one:
- I have no fecking idea why, at some points for short passages of plays, we seem world class and then, when pressured a bit we revert to classical defending. I mean, when you're 2 nil up you just need to keep the ball and move it around. We seem to panic and we start looking like a very average defending team
- Even if we we're starting to look better when attacking, it seems Jose still puts pressure on the guys to be tight when defending. (it's not particularly a bad thing, but it seems to have an effect on us - we were also playing away, that's a factor as well)

Neo_Mufc

Thought today was an almost carbon copy of the Burnley game.

We played excellent in the first half but failed to put the game to bed in the 2nd.

Everyone put in a shift. DDG motm because of the saves.

Man of the Match

Marouane Fellaini image Marouane Fellaini 39% of 668 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 451 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Watford win
  • Draw