PL L FA Premier League

Watford 2:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 22 December 2019

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Agreed. You would think that would be the first prerequisite of any side Solskjaer fields now, given that he’s been in the role for a year and has harped on about it consistently in that time.
There are far too many games where the intensity and speed is low. You wonder if the laid back attitude is coming from the staff.

RedorDead21

Think a lot of people are concerned that last season when he said some players would not be here this season. That our idea of who should have gone and his are a bit different. Yes he got rid of players and they maybe didn't suit his style of wanted to go for playing time. However how he can think the likes of Shaw, Mata, Lingard, Jones can still be here is unfathomable. Potential players will be watching Ole and I am not sure some will want to put their football careers in his hands.
In particular, it was Martial who was really playing garbage as well, when Ole said that. Not Lukaku. I get he needs another window or 2, can't sell players when no one is bidding etc.....but like I say, none of this has anything to do with our coaching and style of play.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Why is Ole always have back 4 (2 CBs, 2 FBs) even when chasing games and on the losing side? WHy not just go for broke, like keeping James and replaced AWB with Mata?

momo83

Massive Snowflake
The team that played today was our best first 11 on paper - minus the inclusion of Pogba. Who else could he have picked that would have made a difference to the outcome, favorable or otherwise?
No one

Patrick220571

How much longer are we going to put up with an occasional good performance against a top side, littered with many poor performances against relegation fodder? It has being going on for 9 months now.

If anyone thinks an additional midfielder in January is going to sort all this out, is frankly delusional. No amount of January arrivals are going to make him a capable manager.

Last edited:

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Even Klopp and Guardiola would fail with this squad. Our fb’s would been sold on the first day.
More likely even Salah, Mane, Robertson, Trent, Milner, Matip, Henderson, Fabinho, VVD, Gomez etc etc would look crap under Ole.

And anyone who thinking City’s players would be playing great football have won the league under Ole is deluded.

RedAlways78

We’ve already spent hundreds of millions and what do we have to show for it?

How much more needs spent?

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Was watching the game with my brother and when they got the penalty he said "Deeney always, always put them down the middle."

Why does my scaffolder brother know more about Troy Deeney's penalty habits than a fecking keeper being paid £300,000 whose job it is to know this stuff?

This club and these players are a piss-take.

yamo123x

DDG- Horrendous mistake, still one of the best

AWB- great defensively other than one poor decision. Offers nothing going forward

Shaw- torn apart by delofeu numerous times, looks overweight and offers nothing going forward.

Lindelof- weak and bullied throughout by Deeney..Infuriated by him laughing with deneey towards the end

Maguire- been good for us but not today. Looked sloppy and rattled.

Mctominay- very poor today, sloppy in possession and trotted around with an arrogant swagger

Fred- backwards sideways and rarely goes forward. He certainly tried and deserves some credit

Lingard- anonymous pointless.and missed a golden chance

Rashford- poor game, wasteful and incapable of hurting a team that sit back..

Martial- lazy arrogant, a symbol of this current utd team..needs to be dropped, never a centre forward

James- anonymous, needs a rest

Subs

Pogba- best player on pitch in his cameo, dont blame him for wanting to leave this bunch

Greenwood- not a right winger , missed a great chance

Mata- pointless

UnitedChampionsAgain

Just watched it and have to say our lot were pure muck. Lifeless, zero quality, no spark. Typical of us to help out relegation battlers when no one else will. So the turned corner has now hit a dead end and Solskjaers head goes back on the block. Another rotten Christmas..

Asger

More likely even Salah, Mane, Robertson, Trent, Milner, Matip, Henderson, Fabinho, VVD, Gomez etc etc would look crap under Ole.

And anyone who thinking City’s players would be playing great football have won the league under Ole is deluded.
wow, do you really believe our players are so good? Maybe i need to start smoking some stuff.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Likely result when players and manager have zero accountability for performances. Really agonizing that fans and management alike are choosing to bury their head in the sand for such a long while now. I do not endorse personal attacks on Ole and never have disliked him as a person. He comes across as quite likeable. But also as not having the managerial wherewithal for this level and for Man Utd definitely. But I stick by the theory that sometimes you need to be bold and not put on your chips on a rebuild theory.

Rolaholic

We've really become Robin Hood FC,steal points from the rich and give them to the poor :lol::houllier:

redshaw

No low block excuse today this team.

For about 70 mins we looked half a sleep, groggy. Coaching is one thing but Ole and the staff are not getting these players up for games like this, to fight and remind the players that Watford will be pumped up for the match and to put one over Man United and save their season.

Getting sick of kickstarting other clubs seasons.

These players coast after a good result, the casual nature of the club seeps through.

Players need to know that they have to win and fight every game and people are always up to face United. You can't come to United and be a cog and expect the machine to roll on. The machine requires players to be Manchester United.

Banana Republic

The January window will see nothing in the way of a significant upgrade.
At best another squad player might be coming in, or possible an end of career veteran from somewhere.
I don’t think we’ll sign anyone.
What a dire squad.
Even our top scorer and greatest attacking threat, Rashford, is half clueless and at best a bottom half team squad player.
We’re just as far away as we were this time last year And the season is more or less over for us at the half way mark.

b20times

Shocking. Think we're still celebrating beating the champions last week or whenever.
Watford are bottom of the league.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Who is Ole assistant? Mike Phelan sitting to his left. Carrick doesn’t say anything, he is cool, calm and collected just the same way he play Football. This coaching seems taking it easy. Win, draw or lost just chill. I don’t see how this bunch of coaches can take this team to the next level. Can I have someone who has more passion than this bunch?

RedDevilRoshi

I thought Newcastle away was bad, this was on a very similar scale. Absolutely horrendous performance.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
We were a bit rubbish eh? We seem to just let the lower teams outfight us routinely.

Still Pogba looked good.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Who is Ole assistant? Mike Phelan sitting to his left. Carrick doesn’t say anything, he is cool, calm and collected just the same way he play Football. This coaching seems taking it easy. Win, draw or lost just chill. I don’t see how this bunch of coaches can take this team to the next level. Can I have someone who has more passion than this bunch?
I am not interested in passion from the coaching staff.
I am interested in technical competence and first class coaching capability.

Tosicsleftpeg

Martial- lazy arrogant, a symbol of this current utd team..needs to be dropped, never a centre forward
Martial was really dangerous, gave some great passes towards the end, as well as some great runs with the ball resulting in shots.

I thought we were terrible today but a few players had decent games. Pogba and Martial being 2 of them.

MuranoLover

Feck off to all Ole haters!

just leave De Gea on the bench for a while - 6th mistake he makes that leads to a goal -more mistakes than any other PL player

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Honestly I'm in a meltdown. What a fecking disgrace tbh. The fact that Watford wasn't any good got me even angrier. It's been really really long time I didn't got that angry after seeing us lost. There's no heart, no urgency, nothing on the pitch and off the pitch, just look at Ole sitting cluelessly there ffs.

DDG must be benched the next match.
Away defeats to anyone aren't any kind of a surprise.

That's the mess we're in.

Crimson King

Let’s kid ourselves that ‘if DDG doesn’t drop a clanger... ‘

It was terrible from the first minute. You’d think they were returning from a summer break. Snatching a win against Watford!!!!

That really sums up where we are
That was kind of my point. That mistake was the turning point, but the overall performance was abysmal. It just hurts more that Watford looked so poor as well.

It was one of the worst games of football I'd seen in a long time, neither team deserved to win, and then we gifted it to them.

It's happened far too many times this season.

El Zoido

Was watching the game with my brother and when they got the penalty he said "Deeney always, always put them down the middle."

Why does my scaffolder brother know more about Troy Deeney's penalty habits than a fecking keeper being paid £300,000 whose job it is to know this stuff?

This club and these players are a piss-take.
Everyone knows Deeney hits them down the middle, I was infuriated watching it, DDG should have known. This is basic information a gk should have before any game.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
wow, do you really believe our players are so good? Maybe i need to start smoking some stuff.
Do you really think our players are so crap and Ole so good, I know Disney fairy tales are great but there origins are actually in much more sinister stories.

Eurotrash

Usually there are one or two positives even in our losses. This time I can’t find any. Just an overall weak performance.

El Zoido

Martial was really dangerous, gave some great passes towards the end, as well as some great runs with the ball resulting in shots.

I thought we were terrible today but a few players had decent games. Pogba and Martial being 2 of them.
He wasn't good enough, this is the problem. We need to do MUCH better than a player like Martial. Accepting this sort of mediocrity is part of the reason we're in this mess. He wasn't the worst player but he still wasn't good.

Devil may care

At this point I'm just used to it, Alan Smith said on commentary that people thought we'd turned a corner after the City and Spurs games, but that just shows as usual the media puppets aren't in touch with the actual fans, as nearly all of us said the bigger test of where we were at was going to be Everton and Watford, who would both play a deep block, and sure enough, just like Villa before the Spurs/City games, we failed to get the job done and this time even lost to a team that have only taken 9 points all season.

I'm not interested in shots at De Gea, AWB, Martial, Lingard, Rashford, whomever is getting the blame this week, the common denominator is the coaching staff, we just don't have any patterns of play outside of counter attack, that's on the coaching staff as it's happening over and over.

Player Ratings

4.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 362 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Watford win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 25% Watford 1:2 Man Utd
  • 21% Watford 0:2 Man Utd