PL L FA Premier League

Watford 4:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 20 November 2021

wolvored

I put us to lose 2-1 but it could have been 10-1 and wouldnt have been surprised. All this bullshit at the presser Harry and the boys aim to put things right. You just know it will go tits up

Green_Red

If you don't get sacked after losing 5-0 to Liverpool and 2-0 to City at home, then why would you get sacked for 4-1 loss away from home?

Dempsey19

VDB was the only positive of the game. That pass to setup Ronaldos chance is on every game yet everybody in our team is clueless to play it.

Ole has to go after this.

always_hoping

Have been watching United since the mid 80s and that was one of the most embarrassing performances and results

As poor as they were at 2-1 they had a decent opportunity of getting at least a 2-2 draw out of that match but captain Maguire had other ideas with his poor control getting himself into trouble the finish to the game is probably expected from such a disjointed team with 10 men. The likes of Degea and Lindelof didn't cover themselves in glory on those last two goals.

No way back for Ole after that, he should step down himself. The players and the lack of leadership can't avoid criticism either, this will be a big task for whoever takes over

Waynne

The board were too inept to sack him after the Liverpool game. Handing an extension to Ole FFS.
There is a persistent stinking rot permeating through this club. Feck knows what needs to be done to even get a clue on how to fix things but I guess you can start with the sad sacks in the board.

skc_18

Every Man Utd fan would be fuming at Harry Maguire for that Red card. He had to tackle because he was lazy and created a opportunity for the opponent.

If you high five a player who is your captain and who was Red carded because he is lazy , that tells you about the state of the squad we are in. No way the performances will improve. It’s the coach who needs to demand from the players.

It’s not the result which is hurting but it’s the state of the squad. I really can’t get over that high five. Embarrassing. It’s just too casual from the whole squad and the staff. Only other explanation is the squad and coaching including Ole are just waiting for the sack.

siw2007

Disasterclass again. Positives are De Gea, Donny and Sancho but other than that, it was shocking.

I would say that, that has to be the end for Ole, maybe he was waving goodbye at the end, but you know the board are just not going to act.

United492

I don't think that was him waving goodbye (he may not have that decision to make), I think it was him saying 'sorry'. He's too stubborn to walk away of his own accord.

Man_UtdX1

The only positive from the game was that I was able to give my family time today after McGuire was red carded.

Ixion

They got 4 and missed 2 chances at a penalty. They were 1 point above the relegation zone before today.

R'hllor

Regardless of what you think about Sancho and VDB quality, unlike some others, they came from teams that actually coach playing football and you can see that.

Jimmah

Not worth waking up for post nightshift, I'm back in work tonight and just feel deflated after that game. Surely Ole has to walk away now. The Maguire sending off killed the already decaying corpse of the first half performance. Kudos to VDB putting in a performance he could be proud of.

Green_Red

VDB was the only positive of the game. That pass to setup Ronaldos chance is on every game yet everybody in our team is clueless to play it.

Ole has to go after this.
I thought he was excellent. Deserves to start in midfield from now on. He understands how to move the game with his passes. A couple of times he held onto to the ball and waited for a pass to open up and then played it. That's what we need in midfield.

Pscholes18

After everything that's happened, I feel bad for him. The pressure he must be under. But he needs to go. Still a club legend, and always will be.

Rustyspider13

Please let this be Ole's last game. I don't want to see United go out at the group stage again. Please Ole, leave for the betterment of the club. Please board, sack him. I've been reduced to begging here.

I was waiting for the manager to be sacked for the team to improve during Mourinho's final months. 3 years later, again I get that sinking feeling while watching United. How much proof do the board need? Any half decent coach, I repeat, any half decent coach can get these players to perform better than they are right now because the players have lost faith. There is no upswing around the corner. It's over.

As for the players, Bruno was terrible, Ronaldo forgot how to score, Maguire can feck off, Dalot and Martial looked lazy, even as substitutes. I only have praise for Sancho and VdB. They showed what they can do for this club and I hope Donny sticks around to give life at United one last shot under a new manager.

Ixion

Regardless of what you think about Sancho and VDB quality, unlike some others, they came from teams that actually coach playing football and you can see that.
You can see they have something to offer a decent side but we have nothing about us, no patterns of play, no shape, cant string passes together. It's a joke. Get a decent manager in who can get something out of a decent set of players.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Yes, I thought the same. What was Bruno doing?
Arguing with the crowd, they were booing and he was shouting at them to stop I think.

Definitely not a good look for the manager to apologize like that though.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
If Ole survives this, he's staying until the end of the season. Absolute shambles.

Club legend as a player, utterly crap as a manager.

big rons sovereign

:lol:

But, I believe Ole is the problem. Under a better manager even maguire will be transform into the player we know he can be
Nah, regardless of another manager his performances are not befitting of a Manchester United captain. No pride in the shirt, he can feck right off.

GlasgowCeltic

Defeats for West Ham and Brighton mean its all still up for grabs, lets see how Arsenal do

Man of the Match

Donny van de Beek image Donny van de Beek 74% of 270 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

3.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 278 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Watford win
  • Draw