PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:0 West Bromwich Albion

Post-match discussion

Sat, 07 November 2015

DM07

:lol:

Edit: Good performance against a team which refused to play. Glad to see Rooney subbed off as well. Mata was poor.

Raw

:lol:

Wasn't too bad of a game I thought. We showed more intent going forward than the games v Palace or Boro.

Very surprising subs though.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Lingard with the Manc accent is refreshing. Seems like a great lad.

RedIke

3 points are 3 points.

Not too fussed. Some good performances and a youth player making a debut. Always comfortable to me, and got out with good health.

Decent Saturday for me.

justboy68

Happy enough with that. Took us a while to break them down but got through thanks to a moment of quality from Lingard. Our reaction after the goal was fairly poor, went to sleep a bit but we eventually got back on top of things again after a few subs. Nice break and penalty to cap it off.

Varun

Staff
I enjoyed the game. Wasn't dull shit like last week at all.

hbgreg

Very happy with:
Smalling
Rojo
Blind
Happy with:
Rooney, Schweinsteiger, Carrick, Lingard, Martial
Neutral:
De Gea, Jones, Herrera, B JAX
Not happy with:
Mata, Young

Spock

Same as usual.

But we got the win and that's what really matters in our quest to solidify a top three final place. Once we're in a position to actually compete for the league trophy we'll need better performances than what we saw today.

Kag

Good win, obviously.

We were shocking after we scored, though. Not happy with the second half at all given we got the goal and got ahead. There were opportunities to counter into space - for a change - but we refused to act on it.

West Brom are a shambles of a football team, too. I hope they lose every game for the rest of the season and go down.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Solid performance. Functional rather than anything else. Grinding out results like this is what keeps you in title races.

Shout out to West Brom who came for the point. Thanks Tony. More of those games against us are welcome mate. Remember to attack the rest of the league though please.

Positive performances:
Lingard. Blind. Smalling. Schweinsteiger. Martial.

Rooney got subbed. It's actually possible folks.

Trizy

Ban him!

Good result, I guess 2-0. We played well all over the pitch but the lack of chances is still worrying. Two goals from a world out of no where and a penalty doesn't give me any confidence of our goal scoring ability, but to be fair they parked the bus all game.

BFS MOTM for me.

LARulz

Rooney actually had a decent game considering the dross he was serving up before. Him getting subbed in this game of all surprised me a lot but was happy to see as it shows Van Gaal is willing to sub him.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
I came because the title was much nicer.

rooney1905

Overall I was pleased. These are games we shouldn't need to kick into 5th gear and we didn't. Thought we showed more attacking intent which I liked. Glad to win before an international break for once. Lol.

Dobba

Had to put up with Paul Merson's "commentary" on Soccer Saturday.

Apparently a red card offence shouldn't be a red card if it comes in the last few minutes. No idea if that is in a different rulebook to the one that says you shouldn't book a player in the first 10 minutes or not.

Devil may care

When only one team is interested in scoring it makes for a repetitive type of match, we plugged away and got the goal while only coughing up one chance. It wasn't great by any means and I still think we look short of threat up top and wide, but job done.

Tincanalley

Now before the moaners find this thread lets raise a toast to Louis and the team. A point off top, exciting young players blooded, first goal for Lingard, some great performances, and bus parking cnuts despatched. Good win.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
West Brom totally refused to play football even though they were 1-0 down. Most negative team I've seen us playing this season.

diarm

11/11 in the Lineups, 2/3 in the subs (doubt anyone got CBJ) and 2-0 in the score predictions. Cracking day for camp diarm.

Good to see Rooney looking good. His best performance in months for me. Schweinsteiger, Rojo, Blind and Martial all played well. Was disappointed with Carrick until we went ahead when I think he took control of the game somewhat. Smalling was predictably superb but Mata had a poor game by his standards and the less said about Young's performance the better.

Lingard take a bow. Another top class performance and it's brilliant to see him getting a run and really taking the chance after everything he's gone through to get here.

All in all, a good days work against a frustratingly negative but very well organised Pulis side.

Keenst

Solid win, just what is needed against a team like that. Van Gaal is getting results.

stu_1992

Decent performance against a team anyone would struggle to score against when they set up like that. Very happy for Lingard, and what a finish for the goal. Mata's penalty was cool as feck and capped the result. Good work by Martial too for that. Only concern was how easily West Brom could have been back into it if Berahino had gotten that goal.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Any doubts about the Martial peno decision?
About is a clear cut as you'll ever seen. McAuley's reactions said it all. He just laid on the ground. He knew it was coming. Martial would have scored if he wasn't chopped down, I'm sure.

Good win. WBA came for a draw. They were time wasting 30 minutes in to the first half. Poor game from Young, and Rooney was iffy. He was a bit wasteful, but did plenty of good too. Rojo is a great crosser. Still a little inconsistent, but crossing is probably the hardest thing to gain consistency in. Shame nobody attacked the good ones he whipped in.

Smalling is colossal. Just world class. There's nobody in the league close to him right now.

Tincanalley

Not heard him speak but isn't he from Warrington?
Well it sounded Manc to me; not an expert on the accents of that part of world, though. You can listen and see if you detect a hint of Scouse in there?

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Better win. Best performance in a while.
Rooney had a decent game despite not really threatening. Was subbed to which shows he isn't untouchable.
Lingered is great, chuffed for him.

Loving that van Gaal is constantly giving the youth a chance these days. So endearing.

First time we go into an international break this season with a win.

Siorac

Usual performance, one piece of individual skill got us the three points. Happy with the win.

VanGaalEra

Feck sake, did he have to send him off, Pen is enough. I had £20 @ 2/1 that there would be red cards in the PL 3pm kick offs.

Happy with the win, 3 points and another clean sheet. Haven't conceded in the league since that Arsenal game, 8 clean sheets in 12 and haven't conceded in open play in 7 games.

Have to get better at moving the ball quickly and beating the parked buses.

Player Ratings

6.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 637 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Brom win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 40% Man Utd 2:0 West Brom
  • 18% Man Utd 3:0 West Brom