PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:0 West Bromwich Albion

Post-match discussion

Sat, 21 November 2020

wolvored

What a pile of shit. Tale of 2 pens, or 3. Its becoming the same old every season. We never seem to become a better footballing team, apart from the odd game or 2

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
We are a horrific football team currently outperforming our xG by the divine intervention of VAR. We are by far the biggest beneficiaries of this new system.

Take this away and our penalties away and we'd probably be in a relegation scrap.

When these pieces of luck run out, our performance diminish in lock step.

arthurka

Had enough, this needs to end. Matic and Fred against the mighty WBA at home after they had already conceded 17 goals in 8 games. God almighty this was awful

Last edited:

RedIan

3pts more important atm than performance.... their keeper was motm. On another day we would have won 3-0 At a canter... in the end it was to close for comfort and to many 5/10 performances.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
We've won a game at home and a game at home v West Brom! Amazing.

Not even the slightest sympathy for Bilic. This is still karma for his world cup shenanighans v Blanc.
It’s been 22 years! :lol:

siw2007

Glad I didn't watch the game, pleased to win but that sounded an awful game, must do better!

cj_sparky

We won the game, moved into the top half above City...but performance was poor and it again took a penalty to get our only goal.

The VAR overturning WBA penalty was surprising and very lucky for us.

Morpheus 7

Ole is so lucky, I wish he would do the lotto for me. Good result, another flat useless performance.

VivaRonaldo85

Two very poor sides. United lucky to win given their penalty decision and woodwork hit. Huge 3 points and delighted to fall over the line but if that’s as good as we can offer at home to relegation fodda, we’re in for a long hard season. Can’t wait to play away again next weekend

paulscholes18

Not great but deserved the win. feck knows what BT sport are looking at for the WBA non penalty. Not even close to being a pen

Gordon S

Fantastic! We really needed the 3 points and a home win to break the spell.
Very lethargic performance and it feels like the players are doing the bare minimum to get a result at times. Perhaps smart since the schedule is pretty brutal, most of these players will play another 90 in just 3 days...

MonkeysMagic

1st home win this season in PL..yay! But for the love of god, can anyone see us achieving anything with Ole in charge! A championship level manager in charge of one of the biggest clubs in world football...and his team plays like one.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Controlling the game from start to finish besides a couple incidents

Created 6 "high danger" chances on essentially a open net

Win the game

Everything is bad apparently.

Goodnight.

always_hoping

Job done best team won and but for some superb last ditch defending and Johnstone in goal United would have won comfortably.

TBH I have a little worried with West Brom recent good record in OT (3 wins in the last 5 matches) so I'm more than happy with the 3 points tonight.

MrBest

Message is the same, Ole out. Needed 3 points, but another awful and draining performance that offers no confidence. The players look done with these tactics. No desire, no passion, no vision, no ambition, i could go on. Ole stands on the sides and looks clueless. Why did it take 80 mins to bring DVB on? How did Matic play 90? Why did Martial jog around for 90 mins? We played a double pivot against a relegation team, zero ambition, ole playing it safe to save his job. His benchmark is Lampard, arteta and Mourinho, and he started before all of them. Yet, he has no style, no vision and we play just as bad as before.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
i want my money back and I didn't even pay to watch.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Calling them Norwich was a bit funny when it was mentioned first ... now it’s more tiresome than our performance.

The Viper

Damn ! That was ugly. The last 5-6 minutes added extra embarrassment. We were at home, defending our socks off a goal lead agaist West Brom who are yet to win a single game this season.
Nevertheless, we won our first game at OT. Happy with 3 points but that was a dreadful performance.

Zoo

Just a weird game that should be forgotten about immediately.

Player Ratings

5.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 227 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Brom win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 32% Man Utd 3:0 West Brom
  • 23% Man Utd 2:0 West Brom