PL D FA Premier League

West Bromwich Albion 1:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 14 February 2021

peridigm

We must be doing something right as I'm furious with this result and many other results lately. Prior to this season, I just didn't give a feck. Well done United. You've ruined my Sunday.

Toad

Some of these player ratings are just pure post-match disappointment.

De Gea - average of 5.6, he made a great double save to keep us level. The goal wasn’t his fault, I don’t understand the bullshit around that, it’s Lindelof who should be doing better.

Maguire - 4.8 is pretty laughable, at time he was our best attacking player and looked pretty good through the game. Nearly got a winner at the end.

VDB - 4.5, clearly just an agenda against him.Granted I don’t think he is good enough but he was on the

Ronnie O'Sullivan

Chelsea and West Ham will only be 4 points behind us when they win their games in hand. A couple more poor results and we will not even in top 4.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
After savaging Martial, now it's Rashford. Soon it will be Cavani.

Maybe the issue is deeper, or maybe all 3 20-goal strikers are actually shit. Who can say.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
The definition of madness is still not knowing how to break down teams that sit behind the ball.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Piss off, I said nothing about our performance. I totally concur that we were shit. Still doesn’t mean we weren’t cheated out of three points. Ref was appalling all game.
The ref being shit didn’t cost us the 3 points. Us being shit did. Beating West Brom shouldn’t have to rest on one decision. We have ourselves to blame.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
The only hope we have of getting top 4 is the other teams remaining as shite as they are. We’re in truly shocking form and the media haven’t quite picked up on it yet. West Brom should have beaten us today - they had 3 brilliant chances and had the ball in our half about 5 times.

Chicharito_

We've won 1 game in the last 14 by a margin of more than one goal and that was because we played against 10 men for 89 minutes.

You keep making it hard for yourself and you're going to get punished.

Rustyspider13

WBA were closer to winning it than us in 90 mins, says it all really. Our starting forwards were woeful/invisible all game. We made it doubly hard by starting a goal down, gave WBA the belief they needed.

Ole wants to make the big decisions (DDG/Dean, Martial/Greenwood, Lindelof/Bailly) in the summer to preserve players' confidence in case of injuries, but he has to see that his faith in some players are misplaced. Him trying to play Martial into form isn't working, hasn't for a while. Greenwood should be ahead of him every game so that Rashford can start on the left. Not that Rashford was any good today either, but still better than current Martial.

Also, please buy a CB and a RW in the summer.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
With this rate of losing and drawing against bottom feeders. I am losing faith of top 4, I am not even confident we can beat City, Liverpool, Tottenham, Chelsea, Arsenal, Leicester and etc. I won't be surprise that we miss out of top 4. If we miss top 4, Ole should be sack. He is obviously not the man.
I am sick to death of looking forward to games to be let down. We put our hearts and souls into supporting this team and the who lot of them seem satisfied with mediocrity.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Aye, I counted... Maybe 3 chances? Unless I'm missing any.

Feel like they had much better chances.
They had two clear chances. One where DDG saved, one at the end when they kicked the ball over the bar and that header in first half.

We had;
Double shots after corner
Harry's post
And.....?

YouOnlyLiveTwice

It’s about time the fans, and more importantly the board, realised that Ole and his ridiculously inexperienced coaching staff have taken us as far as they can.
The rebuild isn't over yet. No one expected us to win the title this season with the summer window we had, so how can you say they have taken us as far as they can?
We still have plenty of positions we can improve on.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
It’s about time the fans, and more importantly the board, realised that Ole and his ridiculously inexperienced coaching staff have taken us as far as they can.
this... we keep hearing the "building something special/he knows the club's DNA propaganda." Getting old players in didn't wok or Liverpool, Leeds, Newcastle or just about anyone else - our arrogance is astounding. Ole just isn't up to it. Need Allegri and a much tougher regime: if you aren't playing well or look disinterested, you're benched.

yes, the team let's Ole down but he goes on picking the same faces who let him down so...

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
No disagreement there, they’re not mutually exclusive.
I'm still livid. Its infuriating as its the same every time.
I'll go back to the thread I started last week about hard decisions and 3 of the 4 players that are supposed to be our spine just aren't good enough

mattunited1978

doommonger
Utter shite, Martials, shite, Rashfords shite on the right but what does Ole do? Starts both with the slightly better one of the 2 out of position...fecking stupidity

The Real Treble 99

Biggest problem with this team is they just don’t believe in themselves. Obviously they’re a few players who do not merit starting positions but then Ole need to be ruthless in that which he doesn’t seem to be. There is something there but it’s going take much better players to come in, replace & complete this team. Otherwise is just a yo yo team or them kiddies surprise bags where you don’t know what your going to get. Soo frustrating because it could be done & Leicester were a prime example because they believed in themselves.

the hea

A draw is not bad considering we played with 9 playersfor most of the game. Martial and Cavani where both invicible and needs to be replaced asap.

norm87cro

I tought Shaw did well. It was all around 5ish or 6ish for most our players except Lindelof and Martial. And Bruno offcourse

Heinzesight

Nullifying our threats on both wings was a joke. We start with Greenwood on the right and it’s a different game.

Eriku

The ref being shit didn’t cost us the 3 points. Us being shit did. Beating West Brom shouldn’t have to rest on one decision. We have ourselves to blame.
You know teams pick up wins while playing shit sometimes, right?

They scored one goal which should have been chalked off. I know football doesn’t work like this and the game would look different, but it’s easy to feel cheated.

And as I’ve stated earlier, this doesn’t mean I think we played anything close to good enough.

Silverman

A draw is not bad considering we played with 9 playersfor most of the game. Martial and Cavani where both invicible and needs to be replaced asap.
You can't blame Cavani when we didn't play to his strengths.
He's a goalscorer and needs service that he did not get.

youngrell

Was already going to be a struggle against a defensive block, but gifting an early lead made it even tougher.

Rubbish from 75% of the team. Annoying.

Reynoldo

Shite in a stick! So it turns out our best chance to win that match was the stopped chance at the end of the first half.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I think their goal was a foul and people say the defender was soft and that is true but that don't mean it ain't a foul. It's a joke that it was allowed. If his hand went on his shoulder maybe but his hand covered the guys face......But to lose an early goal again and again is terrible. The team need to come together and work to STOP that happening. We were poor in the game and some blamed Ole and those people should learn to be quiet because when you're emotional (overly)....then you lose rationality. And there are some people who are not rational people. Just be quiet. Because you are as bad as our first half performance was.

This season could be a big lesson to the players. No one....NO ONE.....thought we'd be where we are now before the season started. No one. Don't be a liar. No one thought it. But now we have to show character. We've had a difficult handful of games but we've had issues systematically through out the season. We just need to keep going and learn from games like this. Any confidence City might need to win the league, we've already given them. We now need to move on.

Ivor Ballokov

We've improved but we still have a long way to go to get to the standard we expect.

Lindelof is weak but that was a clear foul and along with the ones against Sheff Utd we have been absolutely robbed, VAR is pathetic. The back four as a unit have been really poor for a while and DDG compounds that with his form too.

Martial and Rashford lack killer instinct, it's infuriating watching us put in some good crosses and the two of them standing there hoping for the best. Martial was atrocious today, couldn't hold the ball up, was sloppy and not a goal threat.

Shaw and AWB looked pretty good going forward. The latter in particular looks like he's playing on the front foot and a few yards further forward.

Dread to think where we'd be without Bruno, can't see how we'd win a game.

Gavinb33

I have defended Maguire on here in the past but it's getting indefensible at the minute, both him and Lindelof get bullied by aggressive attackers they need to be stronger, Mctominay having to come over and defend in front of Victor the 1st half after the goal because he is as weak as piss.

Having said that how can he try and go for the ball of he can't see it the guys hands are over his eyes absolutely a foul.

Martial can't be 1st team anymore he just can't that was something else the lack of efforts or even try to do something on the ball beat the man or just generally try something and we shift Rashford so he can do that my god.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
Way too much aimless dicking around on the edge of their box. It always amazes me how much Utd do this. Just pump the ball into the box or shoot.

Redlyn

First goal was a clear foul. How you do you climb on a player blocking his eyes he can't even see the ball and you score on the back of it. Should've been ruled out.

Having said that the CBs are not good enough.

I died inside when vdb came on. I expected west brom to get us on the counter as he is no good on either end of the pitch at present. Luckily they have a striker who shoots like Martial.

We hanging on to second now and potentially 10 points off the top. Such a disappointing month we've had.

Player Ratings

5.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 272 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Brom win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 28% West Brom 0:2 Man Utd
  • 28% West Brom 0:3 Man Utd