PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 4:0 West Ham United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 13 August 2017

NotQuiteManc

I have never been happier in getting the score predictions wrong before.

I predicted 3 nil to United but they can proved me wrong everytime. By scoring more that is.

MadMike

controversial: harsh or reality?
Reality. The PL is a different beast. It doesn't have a Real or Barcelona but there's more intensity over a whole season with no breaks and 5-6 teams competing at the top

Ainu

Not really controversial. It's exactly what I was thinking during the game against Real Madrid. We should aim to reach that standard in the future but for now our priority should be to become a Permier League challenging side. If we get there, and there's still a tough road ahead, we can start to look beyond it.

Canagel

Matic take a bow son. That was incredible today. MOTM. Can't believe people were doubting this move.

ManUtd1999

My second favorite game since SAF left (second only to the 2-0 over Chelsea last spring).

Everyone played well, everyone!

Gause

This team are unstoppable when they shift to second or third gear. They can create dangerous situation from every position.

LoneStar

Domination personified! What an entertaining match too! Yesterday's City game was so fecking boring, yet people here bend over backwards for Baldy. Lukaku is going to be a beast. Rashford, Pogba, Martial and Rashers were amazing too!

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Play Micky T in the ten channel and let him free. So much better than on the wing.

Matic was man of the match. Very good performance against a good enough West Ham team.

Would love to see Martial and Rashford on the wings with MickyT/Mata in the 10.

dannofdawn

Football is back! Pogba and Matic have been brilliant. Rashford unlucky to not score. Martial put in the effort to give us 2 goals with only 10 mins of playing time. Annnnnd...

Lukaku 2, Morata 1, Lacazette 1 :D

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
Moyesie, Swansea, 4-1. RVP and Welbeck scoring fantastic goals.

That was good too.
Completely forgot that one! Yeah, I remember feeling optimistic after that game. Didn't last long unfortunately.

Neuron

This game makes me want us to play nothing but the 4-2-3-1 anymore :drool: Matic and Pogba together looking like a fairy tale in midfield!

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Now that's how you play football....from now on, that's how you play!!!

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Matic will be crucial. He brings such balance. I wasnt sure of Lukaku, but he looked beastly today. Of all contenders United look the strongest by a margin.

Let's just get carried away as long as it lasts :)

Turamb

Convincing from Martial

Maybe move Rashford over to the right next game

Not that Mata was bad, but Rashford and Martial seem to be in better form

Unmutual

Superb performance, lots to be happy about. Delighted to see a game where we kept up the right intensity for almost the entire match. Never let West Ham get a toe hold in the game.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

That game was nothing more than a glorified friendly, though. Today we meant business and it showed in the manner in which we went about ripping West ham apart. From the first to last minute we were utterly dominant, in literally every sence of the word.

Zexstream

Anti-anti-racist
Just like the United of old, I have good feelings about today, let's hope we keep the momentum going.

Why didn't we sign Jose after Fergie!

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Descent. Only wish Lukaku had a first touch.
descent
dɪˈsɛnt/
noun
  1. 1.
    an act of moving downwards, dropping, or falling.

Hmmm, surely you mean decent old boy?

suheilsworld

Booyah!!! What a signing Matic has been. He is such a slick passer. Breaks down attack and keeps the game flowing. Did have few mistimed passes but I am sure Mou will iron that out. Great start to the season.

fellaini's barber

I hope not, but I fear people are getting a little bit overexcited at one result against a West Ham team who often get smashed up on their off days.
It was tongue in cheek, I am overexcited, its a great win. We could not have smashed them last season

Nik70

Matic was a beast today. What a player! Great performances by Lukaku (obviously), Rashford, Mkhitarryan, Pogba, Jones and Bailly. What a pleasure to watch. Hopefully many more like this to come this season. Top of the league baby!

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Delighted with Mourinho's transfer's, team selection and tactics. Mourinho timed pre season activity to perfection meaning we started with a bang.

Physical strength though the spine enabled the team to boss the midfield for the entire game and smothered out majority of opposition attacks. We had dangerous pace from the wings and clever forward short passes through the middle which constantly troubled West Ham defence. And Lukaku's clinical finishing meant we would always win comfortably.

Really liked the teams commitment to playing attacking and entertaining football and that we kept attacking til the final whistle. Its the closest Ive seen since SAF circa 93/94. It could quickly become a team that has everything going for it.

Sylar

And I thought we had a shaky start :lol:

But overall, it was fantastic to watch. Chances created, goals scored. Pushing for more goals despite the game being over. And played with pace and power on the counter when leading.

Wooly Red

Supports
Liverpool
Matic and Lukaku look like such good buys; they've given you that extra edge that you all lacked last season.

Al-jose Mourin-son

Awesome game. Fantastic play.
Everyone contributed. Matic more so. What a difference he makes to the team. Excellent Performance. Top of the table. :)

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
I complained during the match, but after we scored 4, how can anybody complain?
I think WHU's problem was that they didn't park the bus.
What they should've done is park the bus and aimed for 0-0 or 1-1. Instead, they tried to play a very balanced game and that cost them.
It's not so much complaining as identifying the weaknesses. Not that it's any of our jobs to do that, but it's good to manage expectations.

It's less about asking more of today, because no one can ask for more than 4-0 with plenty of good moments, but there are weaknesses that may pop up later and today won't change that!

Man of the Match

Nemanja Matic image Nemanja Matic 66% of 1271 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

7.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 1051 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Ham win
  • Draw