PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 4:0 West Ham United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 13 August 2017

dogwithabone

Superb. High intensity from first minute to last. That was a typical thrashing and performance we used to dish out in our heyday under Fergie.

JohnnyKills

Brilliant performance. Couldn't split matic and pogba as mom. Great to see martial scoring too.

MoskvaRed

Superb. Lukaku will take the headlines but two key points for me -

1. Our attack looked integrated rather than a collection of individuals.

2. Matic brought a structure to our game that we have lacked for years.

Of less relevance, when was the last time anyone saw Jose and Sadiq Khan in the same room?

Ainu

Why did that game have to end? :( Fantastic game, Lukaku will score a shit ton of goals, Rashford improved to overcome a sluggish start, great sub appearance from Martial, defensively solid, and most of all, Matic! I still can't believe Chelsea sold him to us. This will go down as a monumental error on their part.

Still, we have to keep our feet on the ground. West Ham looked very poor.

DevilRed

Couldnt have asked for a better start to the season.

We played a decent west ham team too. They were organised and had talent. Not some numpty team.

It was pretty much over once we scored that brilliant first goal. Straight from a counter attack started by Matic and ended up with a brilliant run and pass from Rashford to Lukaku. Clinical. Thats exactly what was missing last year. A destroyer in midfield that could release the pace upfront for counter attacks.

Delighted for Lukaku who got two excellent centreforward goals. Rashford really got better and better as the match got on. He just looks unstoppable when given space to run. Unlucky to have hit the post.

Anthony Martial coming on and absolutely terrorising their defence was great to see. Everyone needs to play their part this season especially in front of goal.

stu_1992

Goals! Actually goals! And a home win too! Very good stuff. Obviously not going to go over board at one game, but encouraging signs today.

Fantastic for Lukaku to get off to a flyer. Matic was very impressive. Rashford few into the game well, and I'm very happy for Martial to get a goal too which should keep him in the recogning.

BTG

Great start to the Premier League. Total control of the game from the opening kick to the final whistle.

Matic and Pogba in the midfield is just pure class. Those two are gonna dominate and control a lot of games for us.

Martial or Rashford is a good problem to have, but it's gonna be tough keeping both happy with their playing time.

I'm not gonna say we're back, but I think the rest of the league can hear the sleeping giant waking up.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Great performance. Love it when almost everything comes together on pitch in a match.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Matic was my man of the match, he absolutely ran the show, simple passes that opened up space and very confident on the ball. Closely followed by Big Rom and Pogba. Martial getting a goal and assist in 10 minutes was impressive and gives a hint to Jose that he might deserve starting against Swansea.

Mkhitaryan had a pretty shite first half but really stepped up 2nd half getting 2 assists, really impressed by him.

Jones and Bailly, apart from knocking each other over at a corner like donuts, played very, very well.

Really impressed by the whole game, looked assured and genuinely a threat on the attack. Still some finishing hangovers in places but cannot argue with 4 goals. Well played lads, Swansea next, and this game and performance should provide some confidence to kick on.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Brilliant performance. Mkhitaryan, mata, rashford and pogba and matic combined brilliantly, lukaku leading the line excellently and martial once he came on showed why he sgould be starting as well. Great for everyone to pitch in with goals and chances too. Matic is class in mid.

Red_toad

Matic & Lukaku certainly make us a far better team.
All of our attacking players were very good. Jones also deserves a mention. Great cameo by Martial, he got an awful lot of space and used it very well.
Jose is going to have some headache with team selection, Mata, Mkhi, Rashford and Martial all competing for 2 places.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Great game, Lukaku and Matic both impressed me loads and I was hard pressed to choose my MOTM between the two but I went for Matic as I believe he was instrumental in holding our line and creating opportunities further forward.

Pscholes18

Absolute brilliant fecking performance.....this is the type of performance we need against the type of competition for us to challenge for the top four and maybe even for the title. The thing I was most impressed about is that we were up by two goals and still pressing for a third that's the type of Mourinho Football I can live with.

I know one game doesn't make a player but Matic what's f****** impressive! Pog a was brilliant, Lukaku kept his mettle in front of the net, even Miki came up up at the end with two assists.

One concern is that Lukaku is s*** at holding up the ball. Lol

Jersey Heel

Not looking ahead, but we're on pace to go 38-0 and outscore our opponents 152-0. Pretty confident that'll be the case.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Wow, just fecking wow!! Everything we weren't last season. Seeing 3 different scorers in a game. Could've had 8 today.

Just wow! :D

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Totally bossed it. We were dominant, and they didn't get many chances in. We had a lot of chances, but definitely converted more of them.
Miki/Mata/Martial/Rashford need to get some run of form going. Extra attacking training if needs be. If even 2 of them hit good form, we'll see a massive improvement.

Man of the Match

Nemanja Matic image Nemanja Matic 66% of 1271 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

7.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 1051 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Ham win
  • Draw