PL D FA Premier League

West Ham United 0:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Thu, 10 May 2018

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
This was one for De Gea. Mourinho set us up to give De Gea his best chance at a clean sheet. And if West Ham doesn't score, then we get at least 1 point. I don't like playing for a draw at West Ham, but it's the result that was needed to go into the weekend with the game meaning nothing (not that 2nd means anything). Hopefully now on our last game of the season we can send Carrick out with a great result and see some young players like Gomes and Chong given some time on the pitch with the first team...

wolvored

Think im gonna just watch the 1 minute "highlights" on youtube from now on. Mourinho had better bollock Lingard and Sanchez like he did with Martial and Rashford last week.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
How this squad has finished 2nd in the league is a mystery even scooby doo coudnt solve.
It begs the question, is Jose a genius to get 2nd place with this shower or....has the fact that De Gea is God helped us?
If Liverpool had gone out of the CL in the QF then we'd be 3rd or even 4th I reckon.

Sentient Meat

He had to get that point... imagine if we played like Arsenal and somehow ended up losing the last two games.

Now that 2nd is secured... there is no excuse for the team not going all out against Watford though.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Moyes (13/14): 2 (Chelsea, Arsenal)
LVG (14/15): 3 (Burnley, Spurs, Hull)
LVG (15/16): 5 (Newcastle, Man City, Palace, West Ham, Chelsea)
Mourinho (16/17): 6 (Liverpool, Burnley, Hull, Man City, Southampton, West Brom)
Mourinho (17/18): 3 (Liverpool, Southampton, West Ham)

FerociousCorgis

that had to be one of the worst run 3-5-2 i have seen in a while. FFS our "forwards" looked like they were scared of the box. I lost track of the times we had ZERO players anywhere near the back line of west ham. Even when rashford came on for lingard we still had zero interest in getting in the box. Everybody wanted to come back and do a little backwards give and go. Absolutely dreadful game. Exactly as i had worried about pregame with having very little attacking threat. Thank god we were able to keep up with this powerhouse of a west ham squad and bunker down at the end for the key point. 3-5-2 and we sub off both our forwards by the end of the game, and 2 of the 3 subs are defenders. fecks sake.

Gordon S

What’s the point of this?
We’re not that bad, we’re just unwatchable. If we’re unwatchable, what’s the point?

I’ve watched almost every single game for the last 15 years, and looked forward to every one, including this one, but i don’t know why anymore, it’s just an old habit i guess.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
There is feck all to play for, everyone in United doesn't want to get a red, or an injury. Yeah Jose says we want to finish 2nd, but everyone wants to play in the final. We are coasting in the PL, because like I said, there is feck all to play for. I'm amazed a lot of you are holding us over a barrel over this tbh.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
An absolute nonevent of a game barring Mr Big Balls Noble's ridiculous hard man act towards the end.

Shaw was good, Sanchez had a decent go too considering he was a fecking false ten for much of it. Apart from that I'm once again dispirited by the total lack of identity and purpose in our play. It's a dead rubber and we've actually achieved the only remaining goal of the league season with that point, but I'd be amazed if anyone at the club; players, coaches, fans, is happy with that quality of play, particularly in the final third.

Generally speaking I'd say we have improved under Jose. Our results are better, we are harder to beat and we're more of a threat to our PL rivals than at any time since Fergie left. But dead rubber or not United should be producing more than that, and it seems clear something isn't working in this camp.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
We need creativity in the midfield
This.

As for people saying it was boring, the players have given up for some time now ever since the league was gone. Not just our team but all the other clubs too. No one’s been putting in top efforts at this stage of the season and I guess it’s human nature in a way...but go ahead and use it as a measuring stick for Mourinho lol

Dong Fangzhuo

That, like most of this season, was absolutely LvG-esque. I can barely remember the last time I enjoyed a full 90 minutes of watching United.

Summit

Are we second because we earned the right to be second or are we second due to the failings of other teams to capitalise?
What over teams failings? According to media Spurs and Liverpool are the fecking best ever.

Andersons Dietician

This.

As for people saying it was boring, the players have given up for some time now ever since the league was gone. Not just our team but all the other clubs too. No one’s been putting in top efforts at this stage of the season and I guess it’s human nature in a way...but go ahead and use it as a measuring stick for Mourinho lol
Giving up on the league in September is a bit much if that is true tho.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
"I fink West 'am will be well pleased wiv 'ow they've done tonight". A. Townsend.

Skolden

Such a boring game!

But we secured the second place and golden glove for De Gea. Did something else really matter? No!

Now go on and win the FA cup and come back next season with proper football.

Jacko21

There is feck all to play for, everyone in United doesn't want to get a red, or an injury. Yeah Jose says we want to finish 2nd, but everyone wants to play in the final. We are coasting in the PL, because like I said, there is feck all to play for. I'm amazed a lot of you are holding us over a barrel over this tbh.
There are people changing their vote over in the Mourinho assessments thread on the back of the game tonight... :houllier:

Summit

That's not what I said. But thanks for knocking down that strawman for me.
No what you did was basically comparing our greatest ever manager to Jose. No one matches up to Fergie, no one. So stop comparing.

Player Ratings

5.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 209 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Ham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 21% West Ham 0:2 Man Utd
  • 14% West Ham 1:1 Man Utd