PL D FA Premier League

West Ham United 0:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Thu, 10 May 2018

VanHaal'sRedArmy

1st half I thought wasn't too bad. Playing without a striker was a dubious decision; as evident in all the shots taken from outside the box. Would've gone for Rashford instead of McTominay. Didn't watch the 2nd half so I can't comment.

Ludens the Red

Not really a surprise to be honest, that performance. We've not been arsed in more important games, why the feck were we going to be arsed today?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
2 more games to end the torture. It's almost over.
Aaaand by the end of summer you will most likely forget this fecking shit-show because of your unequivocal love for United. Because we will probably get some shiny new toys in the market, that will get your hopes up. And because of general deprivation of football.

But I guarantee you, next time this year; -- you'll be saying the same thing "2 more games to end the torture. It's almost over".

Mourinho. I made my piece with him. May as well hope he wins us some trophies by playing garbage football.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
There are people changing their vote over in the Mourinho assessments thread on the back of the game tonight... :houllier:
tbh I'm in the jose isn't right for united camp, but I'm not gonna pick at him over a worthless game like this.

wolvored

Not bothered with performance like most of you. Our players are in cup final with their heads. This was game when we played on point. We got a point. If we play like this against chelsea then i will be worried. And we won't.
My only worry is rashford/ marial situation. Rashford is in terrible form and martial.... he is off i guess.
Good job we are playing Chelsea, who are playing the same shite as we.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Aaaand by the end of summer you will most likely forget this fecking shit-show because of your unequivocal love for United. Because we will probably get some shiny new toys in the market, that will get your hopes up. And because of general deprivation of football.

But I guarantee you, next time this year; -- you'll be saying the same thing "2 more games to end the torture. It's almost over".

Mourinho. I made my piece with him. May as well hope he wins us some trophies by playing garbage football.
World Cup?!

RedCurry

Did Pogba even make contact on Noble? He fouled Kouyate and then tried to foul Noble, but I thought he missed and it was our other player (Herrera perhaps?) who was actually the one who got him.
Yea but Herrera is a clever bastard and does his thing and gets away from situations of conflict asap.

JohnnyKills

Bar de gea whole team have given up. Jose and his obsession with mediocre players is astounding. Someone tell him smalling jones lingard fellaini(yeah he didn't play) young are average at best.
Very harsh on Lingard but fair for the rest.

Mourinho sets his team up to play like underdogs so it's no surprise that the underdog players are the ones who benefit.

RedDevil@84

However crap we are, I am not looking forward for a summer of no football. Always get bored

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

I don't know bro, my love for football and United has been decreasing each season now. I look forward to it as a consummer of the football product but not because I wanna see Jose's team play. I just cannot take it anymore with him.

arthurka

I am really starting to dislike this team .. This is some terrible stuff we are showing. Jose this is rubbish ..

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
There is feck all to play for, everyone in United doesn't want to get a red, or an injury. Yeah Jose says we want to finish 2nd, but everyone wants to play in the final. We are coasting in the PL, because like I said, there is feck all to play for. I'm amazed a lot of you are holding us over a barrel over this tbh.
We've been like this for most of the season. :houllier:

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
There are people changing their vote over in the Mourinho assessments thread on the back of the game tonight... :houllier:
Or perhaps tonight's performance was a little too familiar for some people.

Jacko21

tbh I'm in the jose isn't right for united camp, but I'm not gonna pick at him over a worthless game like this.
Aye, that's what I don't understand. Whatever your opinion on Mourinho, tonight can't have been the final straw.

Gbenger

There is feck all to play for, everyone in United doesn't want to get a red, or an injury. Yeah Jose says we want to finish 2nd, but everyone wants to play in the final. We are coasting in the PL, because like I said, there is feck all to play for. I'm amazed a lot of you are holding us over a barrel over this tbh.
So why did Jose have a go at the young lads for not winning us the game before this?

tony54

We never looked like scoring at any point. If Martial is leaving it's vital that we buy someone that can actually beat a man and make something happen.

We are nowhere near competing with City next season.
Agreed, we need two wing men who can get past people and cross a decent ball. Two of these plus Sanchez keep defences on the back foot and would improve our shots on goal which got worse as the season progressed. FFS, we waisted half the game pussy footing the ball between , Valencia and Mctominay on the right without a good concluding pass into the box. This nonsense needs to be stopped.

Roboc7

Waste of time as expected, that’s 5 successive seasons of playing with no coherent attacking plan now and it was dull a long time ago.

Next season is going to be more of same with maybe some slightly better players. Like Moyes and LVG, Mourinho is basically relying on individual talent to carry the attack with all the emphasis placed on being hard to beat. He is doing a better job of it but I don’t see it taking us much further.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Both teams obviously content with a draw. Match going fans, and Millions of TV viewers don't matter.

Andersons Dietician

Bit of an exaggeration, no?

And if United ‘gave up’ and are in 2nd I wonder what that makes everyone else who’s below us... ;)
A bit hyperbole of course but performances like the last two have been there all season. For me it’s not that they are saving themselves for a final. They should also be trying to play themselves into the selection for that game.

Summit

We've been like this for most of the season. :houllier:
No we haven't. People concentrate on our poor as feck performances more than the times we have played well. We aren't 2nd on 78 points with one game to go playing like this all season. Before you say it, yes second isn't a place to shout about, but I'm not having that we have played the way we played tonight all season. You are blinkered.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
A bit hyperbole of course but performances like the last two have been there all season. For me it’s not that they are saving themselves for a final. They should also be trying to play themselves into the selection for that game.
Yea I get it. But that’s on the players and it’s frusturating that they lolly-gag around as if they don’t have to earn a thing.

Summit

So why did Jose have a go at the young lads for not winning us the game before this?
Dunno, and that is one of the reasons I don't want Jose in Man Utd. I hate his public dressing down of players and throwing players under the bus.

Player Ratings

5.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 209 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Ham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 21% West Ham 0:2 Man Utd
  • 14% West Ham 1:1 Man Utd