PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:1 West Ham United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 13 April 2019

Ekeke

Pogba doesn't have enough effort as a holding midfielder for his club side/us.

Mata and Lingard need to be improved upon and picking them together is desperate.

Nep77

If you can't hold the ball and possess zero composure, you will be knackered running around. Atleast play younger player than playing dross who are on way out of club. This was absolute shit show.

joedirt87

the play from the forwards continues to just be atrocious. Is there not a defender on the reserve team they can bring up to play LB. Rojo, Mata and everyone else on the deadweight clear out list have no business even being on the bench.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
The likes of Lukaku, Lingard and Mata (among a whole host of others) are simply not good enough to play for the club.

stu_1992

The best thing I can say about that game is that we got away with it. And uh, that's about it. Still in the top 4 race.

Broad Street Bullies

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
That was poor. This team is in desperate need of some quality. Summer is gonna be very important. Screw that up & it'll be some lean years ahead.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
More shots and more possession for West Ham on our own patch. All the best chances too. They just strolled through our midfield, an they kept taking the same corner over and over and we failed to deal with it every time. Clueless performance.

Majority of players looked like they didn't give a shit. Strolling around, losing the ball, not reacting. It was an iffy throw from De Gea for their equaliser, but Pogba just trotted towards the ball with no desire of winning it or making sure they didn't attack from it. No idea how he wasn't first to it.

Poor.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Pogba doesn't have enough effort as a holding midfielder for his club side/us.

Mata and Lingard need to be improved upon and picking them together is desperate.
Pogba is the improvement on them. Unfortunately we don't have any adequate CMs either.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
At this point in the season winning is all that counts. However, that was abysmal. No clue in defence, no control in midfield, no quality in attack. Did any player deserve 6/10 today? Messi must be licking his lips. Lose Tuesday night and it'll be clear our season ended in Paris.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
If this keeps up Ole will be sacked before Christmas and the whole fecking cycle will begin again.

What happened to appointing a director of football before the new manager? What happened to the board taking there time in appointing a permanent manager. The whole club is a shambles. I just don’t see light at the end of the tunnel at all :(

Last edited:

Dr. StrangeHate

The most hilarious win I've ever witnessed. I hope it's the last time I see my team play like that.
Unfortunately this is what we have been seeing for 5 years on the trot under 4 different managers. There is something inherently broken at the club.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Thats's our last "easy" game until the Huddersfield / Cardiff double :wenger:

redom

Just don't understand why we're so poor at even the basics.

If we keep playing like this it will start to show in our results (it arguably already has) and top 4 will drift away. I'm back to feeling like every game is an ordeal.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Pogba played pretty well. Very typical home performance from us. At time disgraceful but ultimately a win with some good moments.

abailey123

Poor today, fatigue can’t be an issue as Martial, Lingard, Fred, Dalot, Rojo, Jones and Mata haven’t played a huge amount of football this season.

In general our home form this year except Fulham, Huddersfield and Bournemouth games has been dreadful. We seem to struggle to get men into the box, so many players give easy ball away.

The biggest challenge for Ole is getting the likes of Martial and Lingard from delivering a good performance every 1 in 5 to delivering week in week out.

In my opinion if we make the top 4 from here Ole has worked a miracle. It’s clear the players aren’t fit enough, so he can’t play that pressing game that he wants. We look mentally gassed and counting down the days until the season ends.

Last edited by a moderator:

slored1

Shambolic. Our midfield was non-existent and our attack was just shite. Hope we never play 4-2-3-1 again.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Can't wait till Ole kicks out half a dozen of this squad if not more. The truth is most of them don't belong at this club. They aren't good enough to wear the shirt.

Nr.7

That was horrible to watch.
Lingard and Martial are dreadfull. Fcking dreadfull.
The whole team just lacks the basic (football) intelligance.

Rob67

That was as bad as anything served up by Moyes, LVG or Jose. Terrible. Hope Ole can sort this shit out and get the backing he'll need.

Prodigy24

This was the Watford performance, only 10 times worse. Some absolutely pathetic performances from some of the players. I can't understand why we are playing like this, considering how well we used to play before that PSG game. Nobody bothering to do anything, jogging with the ball, hardly creating anything, no press what so ever. Like if the couldn't care less. Especially Martial and Lingard, how they lasted the entire game is a mystery.

Had all the luck today, and barely deserved anything. If we don't improve drastically after the transfer window, and if the same average players are still at the club, then we are doomed.

Abhinav

Really really poor. Players put in the effort but we have so many players who are so inconsistent within the game. Mata, Lingard, Martial, Rojo with poor first touches, missed place passes through out the match. No off the ball movement that was actually threating till Rashford came on. Lukaku kept making runs into channels with no one making an effort to get into the box. Could go on, really depressing as the answers to our problems are not so apparent. Hope Ole and team can buy well in the summer and coaches a football brain into rest of them.

Zexstream

Anti-anti-racist
A game where the win was more important than the performance, but still. Absolute Dog shyte.

It felt like a Jose game and I had no interest.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Pogba gets MotM for scoring penalties? Really??? He wasn't much good.

Ekeke

Pogba is the improvement on them. Unfortunately we don't have any adequate CMs either.
We do but one seems to be leaving. Ander and Fred would have been a good shield for the defense today unlike Fred and Pogba which left the defense exposed.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Like others i'm looking forward for this season to end. Fed up of these players. There's not a chance they'll finish top 4, don't get your hopes up.

AngliaRed

Same type of performances we had under LVG and JM!

We need 5-6 players gone in the summer. Or at least not in the starting 11.

Young
Jones
Mata
Martial
Lingard
Matic
Andreas

Smores

Glad Ole looked pissed at least, hopefully he doesn't pretend we were great in the post match.

Morpheus 7

I’m off to the Lingard performance thread to hear about movement and drive.

Woeful by so many but Fred for large periods of the game looked decent, Lukaku and Pogba as well. It’s just wrong that Lukaku is really the only person that can cross but he’s the one you want on the end of the crosses.
Rom was horrible today, his crossing was rubbish. Too many touches, should be getting it in first time.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
I’d hate for the players to think that it was their performance that won this. Excluding a couple of players, they did nothing, genuinely nothing.

It was West Meat’s idiocy.

They better realise how shit they were, hope Ole and the team give them hell.

Jacob

Think its blatantly obvious that this is a quality issue. Players are not good enough, previous managers have done OK consider circumstances.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
We do but one seems to be leaving. Ander and Fred would have been a good shield for the defense today unlike Fred and Pogba which left the defense exposed.
Yeah obviously with Ander injured/focussed on PSG.

We're just completely dysfunctional.

Man of the Match

Paul Pogba image Paul Pogba 41% of 533 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 363 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Ham win