PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:1 West Ham United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 13 April 2019

Ventura

Easy peasy. People in match thread were worried sick ... why? Everything under full control.

Jim Reaper

The worrying thing is that this team needs around 5 first 11 players. In todays market, that is expensive. Im not sure we will cough up the cash.

2 Midfielders, a RB, a CB and a RW are musts

Kapardin

Till end of the season, it's about just getting the points. Many bad players and even Ole doesn't seem able to know how to extract more from them. Just grit your teeth, grab the points and wait for the summer to boot out most of these wasters and make some good signings.

Atleast we won, so my weekend isn't ruined.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Shite performance aside, I can't understand what Ole was thinking replacing our comfortably best attacking player with Greenwood when chasing the game.

redom

Honeymoon period is over.
Feels like we've gone from the honeymoon straight to divorce proceedings, probably caught the players cheating with an ex, might explain why we look so similar to Mou's team right now.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
Apart from the run to win the Penalty he didn’t do much. Signing that new contract for 5 years has caused him to be a bit more relaxed I feel.

Schmeichel=God

5th/6th is our level at the moment.
It took 6 years continually compounding the club's errors top down to lead to us being "5th/6th is our level at the moment.

In another 6 after a ton more useless decisions it'll be "9th/10th" is our level.

Another 6 after that we'll be fighting relegation

I'm not going any further.

But if we don't get this next period right we're in trouble.

(It's hyperbole...but I, like many others am pi55ed and can't believe what I see from this squad on the regular)

Trajanus

The obviously stunning poor performance aside; can anyone see some kind of idea in the attacking play of United? Crosses? And more? And if that is all it amounts to, perhaps it could help to have a player or two in the box?

Re, Oles view of the future - "we are going to be the most fit team in the league, we are going to run more than any other team...". Sounds as a good idea. For Watford and Southampton. But for United.
This doesn't look good at all.

Web of Bissaka

Boring to watch.

Love it Ole looks so pissed today. :devil: Incoming hairdryer?

De Gea's god save, Pog-penalties and Ref calls won us the game + West Ham couldn't be clinical for their other chances.
  • Our first pen, the foul seems to be just outside the box imo. Thanks anyway ref.
  • West Ham's first goal wrongly ruled offside. Dalot played the goal onside. Thanks linesman.

Christie

Negative Anti-football by Ole.
I can't believe our great Manchester United is playing such shit tactics.

kiristao

We seem to have gone back to the pre Ole days. Fighting for our lives and nicking goals.
Ole needs to take responsibility for that performance. There is no point playing Mata and Lingard in the starting 11 as both like to play down the middle and both are ineffective on the right wing. It also pushes Pogba further back which is not his best position either.

OneUnited24

We were bad today but after a midweek game vs one of the best sides in Europe we were going to be leggy going into this one. As we always seem to be after a big European tie.

Fitness is a huge concern with the squad, we were second to every ball today. Martial and Lingard are coming back from injury and need minutes but that’s two of our front three, no wonder we looked blunt. Mata just couldn’t get going - it’s games like today why I wouldn’t shed a tear if he were to leave. Ole has to shoulder the blame for picking all three. As for DDG ... he just hasn’t been the same since the World Cup. His distribution is poor and some real shockers, that said he pulled off an amazing save so I can’t be too mad

I feel for Lukaku. When he was up too he got no service and when he was moved out side he was awful. I don’t know why ole persists with it - especially when we are crossing into the box.

Onwards and upwards I suppose. Ole needs a full pre-season and a few players, hopefully we get champions league football to entice them with but that’s a long shot atm

Thiagoal

We need major recruitment. It's quite clear after Moyes, LvG, Mourinho and Ole, that the manager's are not the sole problem. Many players just don't have what it takes. When they get outfought and outplayed by teams lower than them, then questions need to be asked. I want to see a cold hearted bastard in Ole this summer. Show me some of that Sir Alex brutality.
90% of the squad was recruited by these plonkers; it's entirely their fault!

rooney2009

I don’t think we can play with a 1 Man Midfield against any PL team and expect to control the Game
The only midfielder we had was Fred as Pogba does not make tackles

Run_time_error

Worst performance since Ole took charge. Second best all over the park. Difficult to single out the worst performer, so many to choose from. Fred, Pogba, Smalling and Jones slightly better than the rest. Not sure what's happened to Martial and Dalot was better when he switched to right back, very worrying. Mata should be nowhere near the first team. Have we ever had a keeper that miskicks so often or makes so many weird distribution attempts. Hopefully it was all down to too many changes (some forced) because we really need to pick it up.

Gjx

Winning games we don't deserve to win yet losing one's where we bring it. Here's hoping to a shocker against Barca! What the hell are we going to do on the left? Armchair punditry aside but you could call it before you saw it, a left flank of Rojo and Martial is asking for trouble. Dalot and Martial doesn't fill me with much hope either. Scotty or Fred as LWB in a 5 at the back seems like the only option at the moment and that's still scary as hell.

R'hllor

3 pts, utter garbage performance, that type of shit should never fly with us and yet how it looks, it does sadly. At start performance looked higher on priority list but then all that talk about permanent position started and since then its total opposite.

This, win regardless of performance 24/7 shtick doesnt work for us, it always gonna catch us up. Criticism could be harsher but dont want to be called impatient kid, spoiled brat by those who float above us.

Vadim

Awful performance. We’re not getting top 4 so it’s all moot really.

It hopefully sends a message to Ed and the Glazers that we definitely need some new players who can actually play football.

Schmeichel=God

Put a downer on my Saturday has this game, even with the 3 points in the bag.

Literally just waiting for Sunday to begin now. :annoyed:

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
with our rate of 1 good signing out of 10 we'd have to literally sign 100 new players to find a good first 11

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Negative Anti-football by Ole.
I can't believe our great Manchester United is playing such shit tactics.
How long have you been watching Utd?

Anti football? So it was great when we were winning, now we’re struggling to win at the end of the season and it’s anti football?? Bullshit as usual post match

Jim Reaper

I don’t think we can play with a 1 Man Midfield against any PL team and expect to control the Game
Although he did some good defensive work in the 1st half.

wolvored

Literally no heart with these players. Cannot wait to see the back of a lot of these guys. I watched up until the 75th min, was bored and had plans. How was Greenwood?
Played on the wing probably touched it 3 times

AgentP

I hope Ole gives Martial and Lingard a good walloping in the dressing room. They let their team down massively. Mata needs to just leave in the summer along with Rojo. Only players that can leave this game with some credit are our CBs and Fred.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
Its seems to me the players ganged up on getting the 4th manager the sack on the trot. I mean u need to put a lot of effort to be this bad at anything. I can't even decide where to begin criticizing the state of this club. From the board, to woodward, scouting, recruitment, lack of DOF, inability to hold the ball without pressure, the blind crosses, playing off form and has been players, DDG poor distributions, inability to mark near post and how the hell every of our clearances land squarely on WHU players every single time. I can't even..

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Juve lost, Barca drew we won.
We are the best, gonna win the CL. Don't even think about arguing with me.
You all shut up. 3 points. Job done, move on.
Cheer up, give me a beer, I have a headache. Thanks United.

Thiagoal

Exactly! Pogba is disinterested in being a proper centre mid for United so we basically had Fred! A shame Matic and Herrera were out

Rob67

That's what 14-15 penalties this season? Being carried to the top four six this season, but you'll still find plenty moaning about 'lucky Liverpool'
Feck me, a Dipper moaning about refereeing decisions. Scousers = zero self-awareness.

wolvored

Solskjær has a a blind-spot, and it definitely includes Lingard, and possibly Martial. Taking Lukaku off before either of those two was criminal.
Yes his dream ticket would be Martial-Rashford-Lingard upfront. Trouble is we wouldnt win many games

.Phil1968

Shocking performance even the easy passes seem beyond us. However got the 3 points somehow.
West ham looked fitter sharper and more focused than us hope ole is still shouting at them.

Morpheus 7

United were very lucky today, West Ham very unfortunate to not get something from that. It was a shambles from back to front, the backline was a mess. Rojo had an absolute nightmare, very disjointed performance from the team. Team look wrecked physically and mentally, too many not showing up. The mentality is worrying at Old Trafford this season, perform like that against anyone else, we will not get top 4

Man of the Match

Paul Pogba image Paul Pogba 41% of 533 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 363 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Ham win
  • Draw