Bruno: Worst game for United.

Matic: Fecking shit.

Pogba: Spineless.

Rashford: Not arsed.

Lindelof: Built like a 12 year old.

Mensah: League 1 calibre.

Williams: Championship calibre.
A bit harsh, but...

For all the criticism against Ole, his selection, substitutions, and tactics, who could we have put out there instead, and when, that would not have received equal criticism? (and that question is not directed at you, Shane88, you just put up an excellent point I wanted to build off of)

Dominos

Jesus Christ have Leicester all of a sudden turned into peak Barcelona ?!

If we can't hold them to at least a draw when they need to come out and play against us we don't deserve Champions League - they're missing some key players and old man Vardy has played as many matches as our best players.

I know they've had a couple extra days rest but it's now the real Cup Final and the prize is insight - keep the faith fellas
We just got outplayed by West Ham at old trafford.

People have every right to be worried about Sunday's game.

tomaldinho1

Where did our press go? I swear we went that entire match without a high press. And we're just not aggressive enough without it.
I know it's been said a million times on here but there's a difference between organised pressing and just running yourself into the ground chasing the ball. We've done the latter and the last few games we've been out on our feet, second to every ball and teams generally look sharper and faster than pretty much all of our players. Leicester will have had a full week's rest on Sunday, we haven't rested players for some reason and suddenly it's crunch time.

poleglass red

Rashford lost us that one. Lack of conviction and skill on the ball. The amount of times he acted as a dead end wall just one touching a pass back from channels was horrible. Take it on the turn and run at them with tight control. He doesn’t have it in him right now and it showed. He bottlenecked all our attack on the left and shut us out.
yeah he was poor, but he put it on a plate for Fernandes in 1st half with that pass, only bad control let him down. That's the issue with our players, too many do 1 bit of magic and if it pays off it masks an underwhelming performance

Al Capone

Exactly.

The famous run happened when we were playing for basically nothing. Arsenalesque. They used to do this for years. No chance of top 4/title and suddenly playing like world beaters. First sign of pressure - crumbling.
We can keep deluding ourselves about tiredness but it's not just that. Mentally weak.
Yup my feelings exactly. Tiredness a factor but there's more to it. Can't have mentally weak players, gets us nowhere. You get the feeling this team can only turn it on in friendlies and exhibitions or when playing weak opposition. Tottenham, Chelsea, Southampton, west ham. Hard to say otherwise.

tjb

We've been playing 2-3 games per week since the season restarted with the same xi for the majority of that period. we have one last hurdle against leicester. lets just support the team

Suv666

The same Leicester who have lost most of their games since restart?
You never know in the PL mate, any team can beat anyone. And with CL on the line you can be sure LC would be fired up. We need to match their hunger and desire, an unmotivated and pedestrian side wouldn't cut it.

Silverman

It’s a point gained over Leicester and we haven’t lost in the league for a while. Not the form we hoped to finish the season with but let’s not shit the bed just yet.
West Ham didn't really look like scoring either.
A goal or two and we'll be grand.

Silverman

We've been playing 2-3 games per week since the season restarted with the same xi for the majority of that period. we have one last hurdle against leicester. lets just support the team
Here here.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
If they beat us on Sunday a win today wouldn't have helped. They'd finish ahead of us on goal difference barring us racking up a cricket score today.
But your forgetting Chelsea!

Schmeichel=God

My opinion:

De Gea = Right to back him to start. But the club is in real danger of not being able to offload him at any point due to those wages. Sanchez mark two.

Rashford = Right to start him, but after that performance the absolute latest he should be switching him out and getting Ighalo on is 60 mins.

Ighalo = Gets us goals when other methods aren't working. Offers a different option. Ole gives him 5 minutes...when everyone is knackered and the WH defenders have become comfortable with everything else we threw at them. Absolutely ridiculous. Beyond comprehension.

McTominay = Cannot get a look in. He is the only one with fire in his belly that is evident and contagious to others. The only one with aggression and true leadership potential in this squad. If you don't start him today then you definitely bring him on at 55/60 to add bite to that central area that Matic was so struggling in. Absolute joke that you have that character and physicality on the bench and you leave the back passing 5 mph player on the pitch.

Matic = Why the hell have the board given him that length of contract. Listen, I like him as part of this squad and he is certainly a starter on many occasions, but this contract management, a la De Gea, a la Sanchez, a la Jones, is just getting beyond a joke.

Goku23

I dont know whats wrong with us but what ever it is we need it gone for Sunday we need our Sheffield and Bournmouth performences back please!

Flexdegea

It's going into the final match without any sort of momentum that's annoying many I feel. We're limping into that final match after starting the restart so promisingly. I still think we'll finish in the top 4 but we had 3 chances to lock it up before the Leicester match and we bottled it each time.

Hard for many not to look at it as a repeat of last season when we bottled it at the end as well

Took a massive effort to get us with a chance of finishing 3rd.

I'd rather be in this position, as it stands in control of the situation, than chasing it and needing results going our way.

Some people are losing their minds.

One thing calling the team bottling it, while at same time the fans behind the TVs are bottling it more than anyone.

acnumber9

We do need another two midfielders.
Also I like Fred and mctom but have you ever watched them stay composed under pressure? Stop trying to act like the solution was so easy and had we swapped those two in things would have been better
What pressure? West Ham were happy to drop off to their own penalty box when we had the ball. I don’t know where you’re getting the idea they were pressing us relentlessly. The solution isn’t easy but sometimes you have to make changes. And give them more than 6 minutes to do something while you’re at it. We need better backups and Solskjaer could’ve done more. They aren’t mutually exclusive.

Al Capone

Rashford lost us that one. Lack of conviction and skill on the ball. The amount of times he acted as a dead end wall just one touching a pass back from channels was horrible. Take it on the turn and run at them with tight control. He doesn’t have it in him right now and it showed. He bottlenecked all our attack on the left and shut us out.
Yup he is costing us massively.

Siorac

Take your head for a wobble,

Didnt know the foxes where like pep Barca
They're not but they're better than Southampton or West Ham. And even against Spurs they looked dangerous in attack, they just got done on the counter, something you can't really expect of United right now.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
I have no idea why we're so disappointed by that result. The performance, yes, but that was expected against a West Ham side who've had extra rest and nothing to lose with Moyes trying to feck our CL hopes. They beat Chelsea twice this season, too.

But the result was brilliant. It was apparent that we wouldn't be putting 3 or 4 past them early on given how they were defending, so the best we could hope for was to not lose, which we didn't. We're in third and just need to not lose against Leicester as well.

The performance looked particularly bad because both our back up full backs were absolutely terrible and Rashford and Greenwood kept cutting into a crowded midfield. In the second half, I'm just glad we didn't concede in the last 20 minutes.

As for the Leicester game, sure there will be nerves, but at least Wan Bissaka and Shaw will hopefully be ready and fresh, since we tend to have good games when they do.

One last good performance on Sunday, and we're through.

ajay1002

Seems to me that the main tactic in that game was to conserve as much energy as possible while not losing considering we have another game in 4 days time against a team who will have had a full week off.
Only a minimum 3 goal winning margin today would have made any difference to what Leicester need to do at the weekend, which was not likely against West Ham. As it is, Leicester need to win by any margin, which is exactly the same as what they would have needed to do had we won by 1 or 2 goals.

madzo2007

What if Chelsea lose tonight and draw with Wolves on Sunday? If we had won today we may not even need a result on Sunday and that's a massive shame.
If Chelsea lose tonight and draw on Sunday they are on 64, while United and Leicester are on 63 & 62, we would still need a result on Sunday in that scenario.

acnumber9

That was the weird thing about tonight, unless we won by a hatful of goals for the goal difference a win tonight would have made no difference at all.
It would’ve meant Chelsea losing or drawing their last two would’ve been enough regardless of our result. So it makes quite a difference really.

Houdini

What we know so far:
1. poor team management. Should have rested players in FA cup
2. Players are tired like my 90y old grandma after doing the whole garden
3. We have poor bench and Ole does not trus Dalot.
4. Brandon and TFM are not ready yet. We need also a fullback for the next season (and sell Dalot).
5. Rash is lost without Shaw. Bruno lucky not to be sent off and Pogba lost his brain. They are too hot-headed
6. We are going downhill and Leicester have more time to rest. I would take a boring 0-0 Sunday draw in a heartbeat at this point. Pressure is on.

MUM

Might need bruno to drop deeper to help and counter against any press.

Sometimes he is the furtherst up the pitch almost at the striker position next to Martial.

Our midfielders don't have the legs they did at the beginning of this run. We just need to grind it out.
I agree, it's like 'Too many cooks' !

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Even if we won today we would have still needed a draw or win vs Leicester ...

we look dead on our feet.
Just as some people struggled to understand the maths on various wins, I strongly believe a lot of people can't work this bit out too.

A 2-1 win would only have served for confidence, it's still a head to head v Leicester, win or draw.

Unless we think Chelsea will lose both last games..

Flexdegea

They're not but they're better than Southampton or West Ham. And even against Spurs they looked dangerous in attack, they just got done on the counter, something you can't really expect of United right now.

We literally scored the counter goal of the season couple weeks ago :lol: :lol: :lol:

OneUnited24

What pressure? West Ham were happy to drop off to their own penalty box when we had the ball. I don’t know where you’re getting the idea they were pressing us relentlessly. The solution isn’t easy but sometimes you have to make changes. And give them more than 6 minutes to do something while you’re at it. We need better backups and Solskjaer could’ve done more. They aren’t mutually exclusive.
Because I watched the game? And they we gave away countless freekicks to break the game up

yamo123x

That was driving me crazy to watch.

Where was the effort and intensity? Had we.won.it would have made things more rosy.

Rashford tonight wasnt even a 2 out of 10, arrogant and half arsed. Same with pogba who was way too deep. Bruno was atrocious too and williams was way out of his depth

2 home games against southampton and west ham may.cost us dear. Solksjaer has big team decisions ahead

edgecutter

I have no idea why we're so disappointed by that result. The performance, yes, but that was expected against a West Ham side who've had extra rest and nothing to lose with Moyes trying to feck our CL hopes. They beat Chelsea twice this season, too.

But the result was brilliant. It was apparent that we wouldn't be putting 3 or 4 past them early on given how they were defending, so the best we could hope for was to not lose, which we didn't. We're in third and just need to not lose against Leicester as well.

The performance looked particularly bad because both our back up full backs were absolutely terrible and Rashford and Greenwood kept cutting into a crowded midfield. In the second half, I'm just glad we didn't concede in the last 20 minutes.

As for the Leicester game, sure there will be nerves, but at least Wan Bissaka and Shaw will hopefully be ready and fresh, since we tend to have good games when they do.

One last good performance on Sunday, and we're through.
This is the issue, due to the lack of using the squad for the FA Cup our poerformances have dropped and I can't see us roll up and get a result on Sunday. Rodgers is a good manager and will see the issues that we have and press the life out of us.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Why are some people saying we needed a draw, job done? We just played relegation survivors West Ham, at home. This lot will crumble on Sunday and Leicester will win.
Because if we won 2-1, a 1-0 defeat to Leicester will still see us miss out (pending Chelsea not losing both games)

LoneStar

Clear our players are very tired. I don’t fancy us to win the last game, hopefully we won’t lose.

Ole’s squad management has been abysmal. Running all our good players to the ground.

He’s burned out Bruno completely. We desperately need more gold quality players to bring on in matches.

Fussmeister

Team is running on fumes. West Ham ended the season very well so it was a hard game.

Beat Leicester the next game and prepare for next season.

TheGodsInRed

Why are we always the ones who are fcuked? Everyone else has had the same schedule bar the cup game.

Bottle jobs.
I haven't seen the stats but I think we have rotated much less than our rivals. We played 5 games on a row without making a single change. I think we are seeing the fatigue issues come to fruition now.

Siorac

We literally scored the counter goal of the season couple weeks ago :lol: :lol: :lol:
Against Brighton. Since then we've been steadily getting worse all over the pitch, including our attack. We're mostly slow, sloppy, and laboured.

edgecutter

If Chelsea lose tonight and draw on Sunday they are on 64, while United and Leicester are on 63 & 62, we would still need a result on Sunday in that scenario.
Not if we had won tonight, too many are saying this was a great result when we could have put massive pressure on Chelsea. We would have been on 65 points which would have required Chelsea to win at least one of their final games and they have tougher games than us.

Player Ratings

5.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 303 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Ham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 18% Man Utd 2:0 West Ham
  • 17% Man Utd 3:0 West Ham