PL W FA Premier League

West Ham United 1:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 19 September 2021

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Won despite Atkinson.

3 clear penalties. To be fair, Shaw's was also a penalty.

crossy1686

career ending
Turned the game off and went for a shower when the penalty was given seeing as De Gea never saves them. Just saw the result, fecking great stuff

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Mad match. Excellent first half. Poor second half. Lingard showing great mentality to bounce back with the winner. We should have had a pen for Ronaldo's third penalty claim.

And justice with DDG rescuing us 2 points.

thedvil

Was so disgusted at the ref and Shaw for being idiotic at the closing stages, was ready to turn off when the penalty went in and plus De Gea never saves penos, I gave us a 1% chance of saving that, im still in shock that he did, what a dramatic end to a game.

I feel like i have entered a universe where it went are way and the other universe where it went in is not a pretty place right now.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
the speed of emotions watching football eh?

Joy, to fury, to sorrow, right back to joy. What a game.

feck Martin Atkinson & feck VAR.

Without a bent ref we win that comfortably.

Blood Mage

Atkinson and the VAR officials tried very hard to rescue a point for West Ham, better luck next time lads. Also credit where it's due, Lingard changed the game with his energy and urgency (and goal obviously).

largelyworried

A fun but flawed performance. All our strengths and weaknesses right on show. Ref was a damn joke. Not really a game to change minds on Ole, but very happy to keep extending that record.

krazyrobus

Maguire has not been at the races this season. His poor recovery run resulted in the goal. His wayward passing sometimes killed our momentum.

The ref had a personal vendetta against CR7, 3 penalty claims, at least 1 of them was valid, WTF.

CR7 is already making us a 1 man team, what did they used to say in 2006, one man team, step-over donkey, he is that good.

Did not see that from Lingard, it certainly speaks well to his mentality after that horror show on Tuesday. Kudos to him.

Sancho's movement was better this game that his previous outings, hope it continues

Fred's passing is Fred's passing. Mac was a little bit better.

Greenwood, decent outing, seems to be building up a good understanding with the Ronaldo.

Bruno and Pogba were Bruno and Pogba.

David De God, that is all.

always_hoping

Happy with that. Jessie makes up for his error v Young Boys and DeGea with a rare penalty saved earned a deserved win.

The ref tried his best to get at least a point for West ham he must be left very disappointed.

Jibbs

Ridiculous refree... Ronaldo was robbed.
But what a goal and what a save.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
De Gea and Lingard, felt like the owed us something after recent seasons. Cheers lads!
Except de Gea has delivered significantly more in recent seasons than Lingard has. There's no comparison between the two in terms of value to our club.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
God Bless Dave and Jesse redeems himself.

Feck the ref and vAR

3 points. Well done to the team.
Not the greatest performance from us but credit to West Ham who did not play badly at aLL.

Get the feck in anyway! On to the next game.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
How the absolute bloody hell wasn't that last one a pen for Ronaldo?! Zouma donkeyed in well behind the ball, took Ronaldo down. Unbelievable.

Then the breath taking arrogance to bring a sub on cold to take a pen, and miss.

A game of redemption today. Lingard more than making up for that mad pass midweek, and Dea Gea showing he can save pens.

Biggins

Atkinson did everything to feck us but we still managed to win somehow. De God!!!

Waynne

We give opposition so much time and space out wide when defending.
Fred shouldn't play for us again.
Bruno is Hollywood everything. Should keep it simple at times.
Basic errors today could have cost us dearly against quality opposition. S
I'm happy for the win but I'm concerned with how this team of Sancho, Ronaldo, Pogba etc is playing. At times we made West Ham look like prime Barcelona.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Buzzing after that and super happy for De Gea who finally saves a goddamn pen! And Lingard who always seems to get shat on. Well done lads.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
We were seconds away from being robbed. The best league my foot. The standard of the referring is awfully bad. 2 Ronaldo penalties were embarrassingly missed .

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I think it was a penalty but to give it straight after denying a stonewall one on Ronaldo would have been sickening if it had gone in. As it is, I rather enjoyed that moment.

siw2007

And that’s why Southgate got it wrong in the Euros final, never bring a player on to take a penalty without giving them a fair chance to play the game.

I think overall we deserved to win the game today, despite a slow start and maybe a 5-10min spell in the 2nd, we were the better team and created the most chances. We made it hard work, Ronaldo should have given us the lead straight after the break while Zouma/Ogbonna had to defend well to keep us out. I thought Ronaldo should have had a penalty the first time, very unlucky decision. Fair play to Lingard for putting his mistake midweek behind him, took a lot of character and some skill to do it. De Gea is the hero though, could have been a very different story otherwise.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Deserved 3 points. Some positives some negatives.
I don’t think the penalty decisions were that wrong based on the stupid rules, maybe the first on Ronaldo could have been given.

Thanks Moyes!

Red_Aaron

Don't feel like we're getting much luck atm so a massive well done to the lads for digging that out, great goal from Jesse, great save from Dave, great start to the league season so far

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Solsjkaer sees the future. Brought Matic on fully aware that we're about to go up and we'd need defending in the last few minutes.

Masterclass.

Flytan

Some of the worst refereeing I've ever seen. Some boneheaded plays from our defenders though all match. Good midfield/attacking wise for the most part. Lingard did well today even if I think he should have been nowhere near the squad.

Gorse Hill Red

Were the people in the VAR studio wearing City tops today. Disgraceful decisions coming from them.
Well deserved win, wonder strike from Lingard!

RetroStu

I still dont think Lingard is good enough for us, to be a starter anyway, but the one thing going in Lingards favour is he will shoot at goal, and does score important goals from time to time.

Player Ratings

6.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 426 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Ham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 28% West Ham 1:2 Man Utd
  • 15% West Ham 0:2 Man Utd