PL W FA Premier League

West Ham United 1:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 19 September 2021

Shiva87

Can't believe we didn't get at least one pen today. Looks like refs have decided that they will not give Ronaldo any penalties, so defenders can hack him down in full flow. This is England after all :

Stonewall pens not given today, and makes it so much sweeter that De Gea finally saved one tonight. I couldn't believe what I saw. Had to watch it again!

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Neither does City’s then.
Pep is always unpredictable, but I really don't think City is the top contender this year. We are going against Chelsea, this time around (and maybe Liverpool)

TheReligion

Abusive
Can't believe we didn't get at least one pen today. Looks like refs have decided that they will not give Ronaldo any penalties, so defenders can hack him down in full flow. This is England after all :

Stonewall pens not given today, and makes it so much sweeter that De Gea finally saved one tonight. I couldn't believe what I saw. Had to watch it again!
What you doing with your font here

tenpoless

What are these? texts for ants?

Joseunited

Ref Atkinson tried his best to ruin a very good United performance, Shaw was definately a pen but how did Ronaldo not get at least one :eek: .
Fair play to Jesse, what a fecking goal.
Really enjoyed that,we dominated them and thoroughly deserved the 3 points.

RetroStu

Ronaldo's Love Child

Fred gets a lot of stick and rightly so but it isn't just him.

Bruno gave the ball away a lot today AND his legs went around the 70 min mark.

Pogba was poor. Spent most of the match roaming around the pitch when I feel his best position is mirroring Greenwood's right inside forward position.

AWB always looks like he feels he doesn't belong in a United shirt

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
It was a weird game. They were clearly knackered after about 60 mins and there for the taming but we didn’t really have any aggression in our play. It got to about 87 minutes and we were just taking our time with everything. Multiple touches on the ball for everyone.

Matic has his flaws but his line breaking passing is always very good. Amazing goal from Lingard and absolutely unreal that de Gea saved a pen :lol:

Happy enough overall with that. Unbeaten away in 30 now.

Robertd0803

GET IN THERE.

Had a funny feeling Lingard was going to score a last minute winner all day, and delighted for him.

Thrilled and so much more amusing that Noble missed the penalty the unlikeable toad.

Less said about us not being awarded at least 1 of a dozen penalty appeals the better.

Redlyn

Fair play Jesse great striker. I hope the refs association make Atkinson watch those Ronaldo decisions because that is ridiculous. Both clear pens.
I am hoping that buys him some credit for the next situation. They can't carry on denying him stonewall pennos like this.

Loon

:lol:
Loved that the Lidl Hard Man missed the penalty. maybe Herrera will haul you to your feet now, you geezer cnut…

GledTheRed

If we had only got 1 point from that i would have pulled my house down, wiped the floor with the cnuts and got robbed by the ref.

Lord Zlatan

Fred gets a lot of stick and rightly so but it isn't just him.

Bruno gave the ball away a lot today AND his legs went around the 70 min mark.

Pogba was poor. Spent most of the match roaming around the pitch when I feel his best position is mirroring Greenwood's right inside forward position.

AWB always looks like he feels he doesn't belong in a United shirt
Bruno is a high risk player, but the return from him more than outweighs the passes/shots that dont come off.

Pogba can always pull one out of the bag and again the pluses outweigh the negatives.

AWB best tackler in the PL and had a good game.

FRED? Cant think of a single positive.

Barnslig

Great result in the end. Really happy for Lingard and DDG.

Ronaldo is insane and on another day could have had a hat trick.

I don't want to be too negative but im still really worried about Solskjaer. I though McTominay and Fred didn't really work again.

Also the change to bring on Matic in the 88th when we needed a goal was a very cowardly move. Only a moment of inspiration from Lingard and the penalty save prevented us from drawing the game.

I feel really sorry for Donny who should be playing in that midfield.
You do realise he assisted Lingards goal right?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It was a weird game. They were clearly knackered after about 60 mins and there for the taming but we didn’t really have any aggression in our play. It got to about 87 minutes and we were just taking our time with everything. Multiple touches on the ball for everyone.

Matic has his flaws but his line breaking passing is always very good. Amazing goal from Lingard and absolutely unreal that de Gea saved a pen :lol:

Happy enough overall with that. Unbeaten away in 30 now.
That was painful to watch.

Fairly sure I heard our fans starting the Attack Attack chant around about then.

gajender

VAR is the referee.
I know that but I took that as more of a criticism of VAR as a concept which I believe is absolutely fine but is again ruined by inept referees who seem to be making errors despite using Video replays which is quite baffling .

Lost bear

B
Jesus almighty.
Yes, the refereeing was genuinely appalling; toward the end it really did appear that there was an ABU agenda going on. Ronaldo does go down easily (oh no I'm using those carry-on phrases again!), but the third one, the one near the end where Zooma took him out without touching the ball, was a clear and obvious penalty.

And yeah, Jesus Almighty. I must say I do think that Fred gets a terrible time on the matchday thread. He is clearly not in his good phase at the moment, but I love the guy and I'm sure he'll come back. Our players do have this inexcusable tendency to be human beings, and so are not consistently god like.

DDG was today though, huh?!? And Justice was done!

Finally, God I hate West Ham.

Last edited:

Swedish_Plumber

GET IN THERE.

Had a funny feeling Lingard was going to score a last minute winner all day, and delighted for him.

Thrilled and so much more amusing that Noble missed the penalty the unlikeable toad.

Less said about us not being awarded at least 1 of a dozen penalty appeals the better.
Keep having those positive funny feelings the rest of the season please!

La Vecchia Signora

Supports
Juventus
Noble had one his best moment and he messed it up. Retire just retire man.

feel happy for Jesse after all those bad games with Man United, what a goal he scored.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Lovely result, but I doubt we'll get over some aspects from the 1st half that easily.

Need more focus & less effin around.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
When we’ve all calmed down and properly analyse our performance today, there are still some serious problems with the way we’re try to play and in the limitations of what was one of our better starting line ups.
Another slow, ponderous game, lacking in drive, intensity and urgency in the build up.

OK, so we ground out a hard earned win, it’s still early in the season and we faced a crooked ref and all that, but we still have the serious problem of too many of our attacking midfield players and forwards having poor, or no defensive abilities.
The lack of proper pressing or attempts to stop the opposition building up from the back and midfield, ranges from lame to pathetic, most of the time.
The same when we are defending deep and these players not doing anything to ease the pressure, or break the opposition’s momentum. When they are bothered to try, it’s usually half-arsed.
You can forgive each individual player in isolation for being weak in this area, but you can’t field 4 front players like that at the same time.
Bringing in a top CDM on its own won’t fix that issue.

So you didn't see all the very good play in the 1st half? The quick passing, creativeness, getting out of tight situations, some great individual skill? Which match were you watching?

mancan92

Why are people having a go at Fred again
We just seem to pick on a player
Last season it was Martial this season it’s Fred
We totally controlled and bossed that game today especially in Midfield and West Ham only used counter attacks and long balls to bypass the midfield
We almost always win with the MCFred combo and I’m always happy when they are both starting especially in big games and away from home
We are talking about Fred because he has been awful this season.

EtH

Absolutely buzzing after that. Feck off West Ham. Feck off Noble. Feck off Atkinson. Feck off VAR.

OmarUnited4ever

One thing I hated today was.. we had 5 big and tall guys for 12/13 Cks and we couldn't even hit a good header, either Shaw was shit at crossing or out players in the box are terrible in attacking crosses from CKs

Foxbatt

We should have got two penalties for sure. The refereeing was horrible.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Moyes said he discussed with Ole early in the window and he was told he wasnt going to be sold. Believable since we offered him a new contract.
Then feck the twats who would have rather cashed in. 20M, FML.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Great result. Feck off Atkinson, feck off VAR and thank you so much Moyes for bringing on Mark Noble. Happy for DDG and Jesse. Jesse have a nice word with you mate Declan and tell him Manchester United is the only club to join. We have a good record with players who have come through at West Ham.

Alek M

Da manic one
Great win. This is how you win titles by finding to win. Score winners at end of game. Pk save to hold on the win.
But let’s not get carried away.
No creativity up front. Lot of sideways passes, crosses with a prayer,

we need to be lot more creative and quick movement up top.

Credit to Ole for sticking up with Lingard after this week.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
If we'd played like that for 20 mins on Tuesday, we'd have been out of sight by the time Young Boys got their second. So much better - crisper passing, much better control, didn't give the ball away cheaply. yes, we were poor for their goal leaving men unmarked at the edge of the box but once we'd equalised, we rarely looked troubled (although I often worry we'll do something silly).

Top top performances from Scotty and Luke Shaw. Good stuff from lots of others including Fred; I thought Pogba was a little quiet - was well watched by Rice - and Greenwood was very very quiet. Sancho still has come to life but Ole's subs were much better today: better timed and better personnel. His interview at the end also made more sense!

it would have been a travesty if we'd dropped points - the first two calls may have been debatable but the last one was a stonewall cal. Awful from whoever was looking at VAR, let alone the clown who calls himself a ref.

Fabulous winner from Jesse and Ronaldo drove their defence mad all game. All in all, a very good win against a good West Ham side, who played well in patches. I know most will give MoM to Ronnie or DDG but I thought McT was excellent in his first game back so soon after an operation.

Some crazy moment from AWB - he could easily have conceded a penalty if there hadn't been an offside just before bu he also made some good tackles

Player Ratings

6.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 426 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Ham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 28% West Ham 1:2 Man Utd
  • 15% West Ham 0:2 Man Utd