PL L FA Premier League

Wolverhampton Wanderers 2:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Tue, 02 April 2019

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
McTominay and Dalot were the only players who wanted to make something happen. Should’ve been 3 or 4-0 but couldn’t finish. Lukaku should have had 2 goals himself.

Pogba & Lingard were invisible.

Lukaku couldn’t control anything but he’s not the only one. Fred can’t seem to control a pass for the life of him on his first touch. He always loses it and has to go back to get it.

The defence can’t be relied on to take the ball up or make a simple pass. Smalling Young etc...they’re uncomfortable with the ball at their feet. De Gea can’t rely on them so he’s forced to go elsewhere.

...at least McTominay is proving his worth. I think he’s earned his way into the lineup as a regular. Gotta give it to Wolves goalie as well. I guess that’s how it feels when other teams go up against De Gea

Feed Me

I'm hungry
People will talk about the dross, but the likes of De Gea and Pogba are completely bereft.

De Gea looks like he's going through a similar decline to Lloris. He was a gutless disgrace on their winner.

It's hard to be too angry anymore. This is just a reversion to type after a honeymoon period.

We will regret the Solskjaer appointment soon enough. Should have got someone with major pedigree to oversee the gutting of the squad that is needed instead of this "someone who gets the club" bollocks.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
No gas left. The momentum that started in Dec and peaked with the game in Paris has ended.

4th place would be a title in itself. It's up to Bottletino now, since Arse, for whatever reason, seems in top form and clearly favorites for the Europa League and 3rd place.

Reddy Rederson

Once again some players show that they'll only play when they feel like it. The Virus needs to feck right off, as does the fanny with the clothing line.

Ole, guilty of the same shit subs as the rest. The instagram accounts stay on the pitch while others play their socks off and get subbed.

We dont have to win every game, but I still expect a good effort. Even if we lose, we can get behind a good game. This was once again utter shit. And it makes it clear its got little to do with whoever the manager is. Jose might have been a dick, but its clear as feck now that he wasnt the only one.

Dike_Manc

I'd really like the Young defenders to come out and tell me what that was. Also, Mc Tominay should never bench for Matic till end of the season.

freeurmind

weak willed
We had chances but didn't take them and then fell apart a bit after their equalizer. McTominay the only real positive from this game. Sad thing is over the years, we've gotten quite used to this sort of performance.

AJ10

This game should have been finished in the first 20 mins but those 2 donkeys missed easy chances and then fred f'ed up.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Not worried about this season, top 4 is gone I think, has been since the Arsenal game and our general form. I can't help but wonder what next season brings.
Some of the names being bandied about by people might need crossing off the list. They would seriously need to go on the charm offensive to get some of them. It will also be if Ole is convincing to them as a manager. Unfortunately.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
bar the first 15 minutes, that's on par with any of our worst performances since SAF left. Totally embarrassing.

FcUnitedRed

Supports
Glazers Out
Lingard's finishing. Fred's mistake. Young's stupidity. Smalling's haplessness.

Can we just get rid of the same players who have continually let the club down?

Rojo and Romero laughing at the bench, as well.
I Was going wild when i seen that!. Disgraceful

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Piss poor after the first 20 minutes in which we should have been two goals up. Our team are so mentally weak it’s actually pathetic.

Ashley Young is a moron — I’ve no idea how he is captaining Manchester United. I’ve no idea how he got a contract extension... in fact I could ask a lot of the same questions in relation to Man Utd.

If real come in for Pogba with world record or Varane plus 100 million take it and make sure the fax machine works.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Prima-donna who disappears when the going gets tough: Pogba
Genuienly average: Lingard (please just get rid)
Adapting: Fred, Dalot
Good to great: Shaw
Genuienly confused as they could do so much better: De Gea, Martial
fecking shite: Ashley Young
This 100%. I know fred made the mistake but Pogba was our worst player. Chasing shadows all night. Second best to most balls. Then losing the ball in possession or giving a bad pass.

His form over the last few games is worrying.

matt23

Players (apart from mctominay) should be
ashamed of themselves. Started well got sloppy and caused all our own problems.

Jim Reaper

First 20 mins were good. Then Fred shit the bed. We fell apart. Second half started well. Young shit the bed. We fell apart.

Individual mistakes and some players not performing.

Ole needs to ship out some players and do some heavy receuiting early. Need a decent pre-season together

Orestetes

Prima-donna who disappears when the going gets tough: Pogba
Genuienly average: Lingard (please just get rid)
Adapting: Fred, Dalot
Good to great: Shaw
Genuienly confused as they could do so much better: De Gea, Martial
fecking shite: Ashley Young
You forgot to add Smalling in the fecking shite category

Slevs

likes to play with penises
No gas left. The momentum that started in Dec and peaked with the game in Paris has ended.

4th place would be a title in itself. It's up to Bottletino now, since Arse, for whatever reason, seems in top form and clearly favorites for the Europa League and 3rd place.
So next season we should peak in October? The players are spineless, hiding from the ball when the other team wants to play ball and be better.

Canagel

Performance was good, don't listen to all the negative morons on here. Wolves were absolute shite and we were unlucky as feck. Missed five clear cut chances and got a red card out of nothing. All Wolves chances came from clear mistakes from our players. No way we deserved to lose that one.
This. We didn't deserve to lose the game. At the very least a draw would've been fair. But had we took our chance the game should've. been out of sight in 20 mins.
2nd half was going to plan until the stupid sending off. And even after it we were the better side. Wolves were very lucky to win unlike the cup game which we deserved to lose.

MonkeysMagic

Defeats like today are to be expected when there are so many facets of the game we do poorly. Passing, crossing, set pieces, shooting, defending, pressing, running, composure...! I can list more but none of these we excel at and the consequences are plain to see. We can throw lots of money at it, but even for that you have to throw it wisely and again we have demonstrated we dont possess that skill either!

Blame the players, the manager, the owner...does not achieve anything unless there is someone that can see the bigger picture. We simply lack someone at club that has that foresightand this malaise will last until the ownership structure changes.

lysglimt

Scout
Absolute shambles. Really clueless on and off the ball.
Give me a break - we actually played really good football for the first 30 minutes...we failed to take our chances and were sloppy defensively. Clueless - absolutely not

Denis79

The players just have no game management whatsoever. Never have under any manager since SAF so it’s quite difficult to blame all of them. There’s such a lack of intelligence in how they play games.
I agree with you, we put our faith in individual moments of magic.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Result is to be expected, the team is shocking.

Ed better get his chequebook out this summer that's for sure.

If he's planning on keeping our deadwood here next season, then Ole is dead in the water.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Our run of conceding at least 2 goals in every defeat goes up to about 30 matches.

It's an amazing stat. I can't remember the last time we lost 1-0.

It's B Rubble

About 56% of this forum should go play the lottery as you’re already sure United miss out on top 4 with 2 months of footy left. I’d be a billionaire if I had this type of psychic ability. Bad game, it happens but it’s absolutely pathetic the way some of you “supporters” just write off the team after a poor loss. 3 individual errors caused us to lose along with an outstanding gk performance by Patricio. We should’ve taken our chances, we didn’t, it happens (a lot this season apparently which is worrying)..

GwilDor

Honestly we created chances and should have been 3 goals up in the first 20 minutes. Missing chances like we did comes back to haunt us though, and the defensive mistakes we make are unforgiveable (i’m looking at you Fred, Smalling and Young). This was abloody gift-party for wolves, presents all over the pitch.
What a nightmare of a game....

Feed Me

I'm hungry
This. We didn't deserve to lose the game. 2nd half was going to plan until the stupid sending off. And even after it we were the better side. Wolves were very lucky to win unlike the cup game which we deserved to lose.
We got what we deserved because collectively we shat the bed when the pressure was on.

There is no mental fortitude to stem the tide when things go against us.

We are completely soft and lacking in quality.

stu_1992

Very poor game. We let them win that one with some very sloppy mistakes. Disappointing stuff. Need to take your chances too, and we were incapable of doing that today too. Struggling to think of positives from today. Huge blow to our top 4 chances.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Not good enough. After a promising start we throw it away with some poor finishing, terrible individual errors and play into their hands with slow passing in front of opponents raring to hit us on the counter.

Forwards in very poor touch, midfield struggling after a good first 20, Pogba dire, Young worse, defence shaky and calamitous.

JoCo-Pilot

So much mediocrity in this team, it's going to take £500 Million to sort this mess out, and that may not be enough!

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Give me a break - we actually played really good football for the first 30 minutes...we failed to take our chances and were sloppy defensively. Clueless - absolutely not
Maybe, but that is why we are in this situation. It has been going on for ages, pre-Ole.

Player Ratings

4.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 401 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Wolves win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 28% Wolves 1:2 Man Utd
  • 14% Wolves 0:2 Man Utd