FA D FA Cup FA Cup 3rd Round

Wolverhampton Wanderers 0:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 04 January 2020

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
Awful to a man. Hope this leads us in to making signings in this window as we desperately need them.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Romero surely got to be making a case against De Gea by now surely. I feel so much more comfortable when he is commanding our area.

Also Williams should be first choice and Chong showed mild improvements, that is all.
I was thinking the same thing. DDG's mistakes this season have cost us a tonne of points already, a spell on the bench could do him so good and serve to remind him that he isn't undroppable.

Also, I cannot recall a single costly error from Romero in any of his games. He's earned a chance.

stevoc

Say what you want, million times better than the Arsenal game. If this was the team vs Arsenal we wouldnt have lost so easily.
OGS is horrible but at least Lingard didnt play. The reason we did better is cuz we didnt need to compensate for him
Because we rested our big guns.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
What a bunch of whining nobodies on this site, decent display all round, yet always something to moan about. These people I'm sure live in a utopian world where United win every game, playing fantastic football, but reality is, we have a weak squad, due to poor investment over the years, a very young strike force today, and this poor team competed well against a very good side.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Seeing us waste the last 20 minutes, like the lesser teams do when they come to Old Trafford playing for a draw, was pretty weak. Smalltime. A far cry from Ole saying "we're Man Utd, let them worry about us" (or words to that effect) all those months ago. Man for man we had a good enough team out to beat them, but that team is just so poorly coached, no ideas, no urgency. 1st half wasn't too bad, but we just hoofed it under no pressure in the 2nd, then timewasted our way to a replay fixture we really don't need.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Great stuff, I’ll have £80 less in my bank account on Monday and now I get to go and watch us repeat that performance live, in the freezing cold and not get home until 11:30. Now that is what I call a win.
Agreed brother. I was already struggling to deal with the Norwich and Burnley games, so another midweeker, from 200 miles away was nigh on worst case scenario.

Worst case, will be when we draw Rochdale at home in the next round and it's an impossible shift off :eek:

ManRed

Looking at the lineup I am happy to take a draw and reading the post match thread even happier on skipping the game and rather going to the gym.
How was Williams against Traore?

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
I know I’m probably being silly, but is there any chance that this extra game will place a greater emphasis on getting players signed in January as soon as possible, meaning Woodward won’t leave it till the last minute?...

Andrew Richmond

What a bunch of whining nobodies on this site, decent display all round, yet always something to moan about. These people I'm sure live in a utopian world where United win every game, playing fantastic football, but reality is, we have a weak squad, due to poor investment over the years, a very young strike force today, and this poor team competed well against a very good side.
I agree. Got up at 4am and yes it wasn’t pretty but I thought no where near as bad as some make out, Glad were still in the cup,

edgecutter

If this was jose, LVG or even Moyes managing today the pitchforks would be out. What plan or identity is he trying to create?

Our standards have dropped so low that a draw against wolves is now seen as a decent result. Not conceding is seen as an improvement when we still have no clue how to break down teams which is more important to achieving a European spot.

Lebowski

Decent performance. I expected us to lose, especially when I saw our lineup, so to still be in the cup is a nice positive.

I wasn't impressed with Wolves at all and would fancy us to beat them at Old Trafford.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Louis van gaal level performance. Their keeper touched it what 10 times? Absolute joke.
LVG won this competition don't forget. :rolleyes:
Could have won it on another day had VAR actually done it's job.

Irwin99

I didn't think we were awful everywhere across the pitch as some are saying. Very decent defensive performance against a very good team. We kept the ball better than they did in the first half but did nothing with it. The attack is pretty shocking though. 0 shots on target speaks for itself.

ANOTHER game for a thin squad in a congested fixture list is not good :(

Maguire had a good game, so did Lindelof after a few nervy moments at the start. Young and Williams were decent.

Oldyella

Looking at the lineup I am happy to take a draw and reading the post match thread even happier on skipping the game and rather going to the gym.
Thought he did ok personally. Traore had a few moments but he wasnt all over us.

Rodgerzzz

The moment the cameras caught Ole sat down in the dugout leaning forward and shaking his head just before half time summed it up.

Whiteside '85

Williams did well should be a first choice all day long

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Another fixture just before the Liverpool game. Chalk it up for another case of 'making their own luck'

adamwest

Woah woah woah. Relax. ‘The caf’ doesn’t do realism or any semblance of positivity nowadays. Our transformation into RAWK was completed late last season.

For what it’s worth I half heartedly agree with you - we were ok.

Tel074

I completely agree with this

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
We know the squad we have.
We know the injuries we have.

what on earth did people expect?

We came really close to scoring twice.. they did once. Both could have had pens.

It was fine.. If we managed to nick it, it would have been a great result for the XI we had to put out.. Not getting the win doesnt make it terrible..

The reactions dont have to be polar opposites.. there is a very large middle ground..
Exactly. I'm sure people are stuck in some alternate reality when looking at our line ups. They will criticise the level of quality pre match but then expect great football once the game kicks off.

freddie the red

After the draw I expected us to be out after the 3rd round so to be in the hat for the 4th round is a bonus.
Another bonus is young Brandon Williams who just has to be first choice left back now.
Other than that, god knows why I spent another 2 hours watching United. It's become more of a chore than anything with the times worth watching getting fewer and fewer.
Before Jose was sacked I was on the verge of cancelling my tv sports subscriptions, it's getting that way again!

DoomSlayer

Second string team, no wonder we struggled. We go again.
No, you have to moan until everyone out there knows how bored/outraged/disgusted you were with this match. Ole is a wanker after all, Chong will never make it, Greenwood is overrated, Lingard should play instead of Pereira, oh no wait, Pereira should play instead of Lingard, Mata is better than both, well he actually isn't good at all, etc.

Oh, and RVP is a bigger legend than that fraud Wolly. #WollyOut #TheUnitedStandRulzzzz #SupporterSince2008AndProud

Strelok

Exactly. I'm sure people are stuck in some alternate reality when looking at our line ups. They will criticise the level of quality pre match but then expect great football once the game kicks off.
Had the same thought tbh.

Maybe that fat cnut was right, not only our club but a large portion of our fans seem pretty out of touch with reality I think.

Regalia

Not good enough. Wolves second string still looked better than us for the most part. Insipid attack. The only consolation (if it can be called that since it's probably better if we just got knocked out and save ourselves and extra game) was that we did not lose.

adamwest

After the draw I expected us to be out after the 3rd round so to be in the hat for the 4th round is a bonus.
Another bonus is young Brandon Williams who just has to be first choice left back now.
Other than that, god knows why I spent another 2 hours watching United. It's become more of a chore than anything with the times worth watching getting fewer and fewer.
Before Jose was sacked I was on the verge of cancelling my tv sports subscriptions, it's getting that way again!
These kind of statements boggle me to be honest. Are you saying this so we now know you’re truly at the end of your tether and will stop watching United? It’s painful for every United fan at the moment but bloody hell we have had a pretty good innings. I pay through the nose to watch football as I did when we were winning the lot. Will Watford supporters cancel their Sky subscription when they get relegated? Generally not trying to have a dig but this seems like you’re threatening the wind.

Thiagoal

Well said! The sense of entitlement on this site is getting ridiculous! We had a very young attack today that I thought did well considering they were up against a very difficult Wolves defence! We dominated possession and controlled the game!

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Well said! The sense of entitlement on this site is getting ridiculous! We had a very young attack today that I thought did well considering they were up against a very difficult Wolves defence! We dominated possession and controlled the game!
Oh please....stop with the sensible posts!

sunama

Baghdad Bob
We had zero shots on target.
There are some people commenting on here as if we did well.
Standards have hit rock bottom. I never thought I'd see/hear/read that MUFC fans are quite at ease with us have zero shots on target.
Ole and the team are bad at their jobs, but the fans seem to now have the mentality that zero shots on target or mid-table is where we belong.
I for one, will not allow my standards to be lowered. We should be creating many chances and having Wolves scared to play us. That's how good we used to be. Teams did not want to be drawn against MUFC. And now look at us.

Ban

No, you have to moan until everyone out there knows how bored/outraged/disgusted you were with this match. Ole is a wanker after all, Chong will never make it, Greenwood is overrated, Lingard should play instead of Pereira, oh no wait, Pereira should play instead of Lingard, Mata is better than both, well he actually isn't good at all, etc.

Oh, and RVP is a bigger legend than that fraud Wolly. #WollyOut #TheUnitedStandRulzzzz #SupporterSince2008AndProud
Got it.
Clownshoes Ole.

Player Ratings

5.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 208 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Wolves win
  • Draw

Detailed Results