FA D FA Cup FA Cup 3rd Round

Wolverhampton Wanderers 0:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 04 January 2020

Red00012

Civil war breaking out amongst the fans it seems. Just seen this, didn’t know where to put it. Don’t follow the channel myself.
Headbutting a fella who’s holding a big feck off camera must make him feel tough in some way.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Headbutting a fella who’s holding a big feck off camera must make him feel tough in some way.
Been thinking about this. Would you feel Ok or angry when someone taking pictures of you right on your face, when you're upset??

TRUERED89

Been thinking about this. Would you feel Ok or angry when someone taking pictures of you right on your face, when you're upset??
No one was "taking pictures" of him. He went over there by himself whilst the United Stand were doing their usual fan cams. How can you blame the channel for their camera man getting assaulted?

Amerifan

It isn’t the reaction to anger that causes problems. It’s the type of reaction. There are better options available than assault.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout

Civil war breaking out amongst the fans it seems. Just seen this, didn’t know where to put it. Don’t follow the channel myself.
It's going the same way as AFTV where people perceive fan channels to be rightly or wrongly cashing in on their club's woes and providing nothing more than a conduit of embarrassment and banter for oppos. That in no way excuses the coward who headbutted the cameraman but the revolt against fan channels is real.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
It's going the same way as AFTV where people perceive fan channels to be rightly or wrongly cashing in on their club's woes and providing nothing more than a conduit of embarrassment and banter for oppos. That in no way excuses the coward who headbutted the cameraman but the revolt against fan channels is real.
This is pure thuggery which must be unreservedly condemned in the strongest terms. Fan tv channels are not responsible for problems at clubs, they are just a forum to express views, and these views are always multi-opinioned and divergently varied, ranging across the full spectrum of the arguments. We can't accept being forced to live in the equivalent of a football dictatorship where certain views are unacceptable and if you express your views a bunch of brainless thugs smash your skull. I have read worse views on print fan forums including RedCafe, but because they are not audio-visually expressed they don't look so dramatic.

United Hobbit

Why is Lindelof talking like we won?
What do we expect when the manager is coming out and saying we only lose once a month and now hopefully we can get it to 2 months without losing :(

I'm not great at positioning so may just be me but did anyone else think Greenwood looked to be dropping quite deep? He almost looked like he was in midfield at times? It may be he was trying to get the ball due to the lack of service he just looked very deep to me I'm not criticising him just querying if I was imagining things

I also thought Chong was better than when he's been in the first team previously still not sure about him long term but he out of all of them would benefit massively from a loan and playing consistently.

Decision making was questionable again Williams was in acres of space towards the end and making a good run but no one picked him out

Neither team needs a replay due to hectic schedules

United Hobbit

Also I thought Romero looked better at distribution than De Gea? He seemed less slow and had a decent level of accuracy.

Really trivial comment and of little relevance but good to see Chong actually had some sort of headband on to contain his hair surely it must get in his way and restrict his vision when its just left uncontrolled like usual

Gator Nate

Only watched the first half, other commitments pulled me away after that. Wolves are only one point and two places behind us in the league table. They are also tied with Arsenal for the most draws in the league, at 9 in 21 matches. To go into their house and get a draw is not a bad thing.

As for the football itself, the most frustrating thing for me was the sloppy passing and bad decision making. They appeared to be a starting XI that wasn't used to working with each other. I thought Maguire should have come off before halftime but, apparently, he wanted to stay out there. Young seemed the sharpest of the lot from my chair. Chong had his best game yet, which was a pleasant surprise, but I don't like James on the left and I don't like Mason in the middle.

A midfield of Matic, Mata, and Pereira don't inspire confidence before kick-off, and we were not disappointed. Ole wants pace, and has that to work with.

The good news is that the main squad had rest and time to get over whatever bug is running through the clubhouse.

The bad news is that we have an extra game to play and probably no players healthy for it.

Denis' cuff

I can support them without watching them, that ain't hard as I have been a fan for over 25 years and have seen some ups and downs. The level of football is horrendous, believe me I would rather lose the game but play with passion, ambition and tactics than watch 11 guys look bored on the pitch for 90 minutes. Worst thing is, I will probably end up watching the next game as that is how it is as I am a sucker. All i want to see is us play some good football.
Jeez mate. That took some doing, supporting United for over the last 25 years. More ups and downs there is why you can't cope now.

Member 113277

Jeez mate. That took some doing, supporting United for over the last 25 years. More ups and downs there is why you can't cope now.
I've supported Utd for 33 years and consider myself very lucky to have seen the Ferguson years, end to end. Most supporters never see something like that, in fact what we are experiencing now would be the upside for quite a few clubs.

Do I want it to remain at this level? No. Will I slit my wrists if it does? No, hope springs eternal and being a supporter means you support through all weather.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
No one was "taking pictures" of him. He went over there by himself whilst the United Stand were doing their usual fan cams. How can you blame the channel for their camera man getting assaulted?
It isn’t the reaction to anger that causes problems. It’s the type of reaction. There are better options available than assault.
Yeh. It's my bad interpreting this wrongly. I kinda despise these "fan channels" when taking advantage of/monetizing fans being upset. But you guys are right. There's no excuse on using physical violence to express opinion.

TRUERED89

Yeh. It's my bad interpreting this wrongly. I kinda despise these "fan channels" when taking advantage of/monetizing fans being upset. But you guys are right. There's no excuse on using physical violence to express opinion.
Win/lose/ or draw fan channels always interview people. They dont just turn up when we lose to interview angry fans for clicks. It's YouTube, there will always be an element of monetizing. I enjoy the post match reviews and player ratings and commend their online success. Plus if you missed the match, these channels are good to get an idea of how the game went. FullTimeDevils & The United Stand being the two biggest.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Win/lose/ or draw fan channels always interview people. They dont just turn up when we lose to interview angry fans for clicks. It's YouTube, there will always be an element of monetizing. I enjoy the post match reviews and player ratings and commend their online success. Plus if you missed the match, these channels are good to get an idea of how the game went. FullTimeDevils & The United Stand being the two biggest.
I just don't like strangers videotaping me when emotion is high (happy or sad) without my consent. But it seems like no harm is done yet, and they make some people happy watching it.

Player Ratings

5.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 208 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Wolves win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 25% Wolves 2:0 Man Utd
  • 18% Wolves 2:1 Man Utd