PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:0 Wolverhampton Wanderers

Post-match discussion

Sat, 01 February 2020

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Ole is so clueless. Until a new manager comes in, what is the point really?

Andersons Dietician

Mata and Perreria are pointless. James wasn’t much better

Fred was good, Shaw was good, Maguire was good. Bruno looked decent enough.

Surprised Ole took so long to whip Mata and James off, really starting to question if James is actually anything more than the welsh Walcott.

TrustInOle

A 0-0 with a team level on points with us. Not exactly an upset. This is what we are.
Agreed! Not the level we wanna be, but reality is, Wolves are our competitors this moment in time. The players we have, stack up to the level of what is around us tbh with the exception of 2 or 3. Will take time to get this squad back to the top but the signings we have made have all performed well. Just hope we start to see more of a game plan in these types of games or my faith in Ole could possibly start to waver. I said I expected a top 4 fight this season and so far ithas gone that way.

M4YON

Never looked to score. Somd chances here and there. Rest total shite football and clueless management.

Bruno is good though. Will be wasted around likes of fred, periera and mata. Hopefully will see a better football when McT, rashford and pogba return.
What?! Fred was one of our best players today and has been for weeks.

RedIan

Dull, we just cant create chances against a team that defends deep. In turn we defended well against their dangerous counter attacks. Shaw Maguire and Lindelof all played well... Bruno impressed me, i think he will be a hit here, very positive player.
Dan James was a let down again - as was Pereria. Martial is just not up to leading the forward line without Rashford to play off...We miss Rashford so badly.

What walk out. Winter break come back firing Please.

sammyhol

Let hope Igahlo is half decent..... Because without Rashford, Martial is the only option on the left. James doesnt look Premier League quality to me...

Paul_Scholes18

Exactly the game I predicted. Wolves are hard and we struggled in the cup against. Could have got a 1-0. Let us beat Chelsea.

The Taurean

looks like a chipmunk
Nothing is so common as the wish to be remarkable.
Wing play is atrocious. If full back cant dribble past his player, only option has been pass back. Where is the 3rd player to make runs or support? It's hard enough with lack of quality wingers. Would like to see how Pogba Fred/Matic Bruno turns out.

OrcaFat

Martial, James, Mata all terrible today, oh wait and last week and the week before that... :houllier:
Yes. Martial has been badly off form for a while. Mata is past it really. James had a purple patch first couple of months but appears to have returned to something near his level - hopefully he improves.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Stop this misery for Ole, players and the fans. What kind of football is this?! Pereira should never start any games. Why can't he go with Greenword from the start? It is like wasting 2.5 hrs of my life with this joker who can't coach for his life.

MrPooni

Ok result. I saw signs of progress. Basis of a good team developing here.

Just need our build up play to be bit faster, less two touch and more one pass in final third. Players like Fred, AWB and Mcguire have become very consistent, just need Martial, Bruno and others to get into form.
You must have been watch a rerun on MUTV or something because there was nothing okay about this performance.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Another game where we set out not to lose. At home. How can a man who spent a decade under Sir Alex set his team to play with so little spine.

kclord

Absolutely laughable how many opportunities we've been given to gain on Chelsea. Awful.

Litch

some players will never be Utd quality irrespective who manages us......

Seij

I’d rather play with ten men than play Lingard. That in itself is a sackable offense.
He's had a hard life so we all need to stay off his back and let him play as much as he can back into form.

montpelier

I don't bet very much but would have backed 0-0 from quite early there.

I thought Wolves were just better until Traore went off.

Martial is not a Utd number 9.

MrSingh2002

As if we just bought Fernandes and played him in a midfield two.

In a 4231 surely his best position would be number 10.

Can see him being played as an 8 in a 433 but Ole better not choose to do this often.

Pereira should've played in that position with Fernandes in front of him and Fred.

Poch IN.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
You must have been watch a rerun on MUTV or something because there was nothing okay about this performance.
Relative to where we are, its all good. This season is a free pass. Im at peace with it.

Stretfordender

Come on get your Martial excuses in now. The lad is absolutely lost out on that pitch, nowhere near a united player. Rubbish!

MrBest

Slow, slow and slow. That is in every respect. OLE OUT.

Denis79

Too bad Dalot didn't get it in goal at the end there. Bruno looks like a proper footballer compared to what Lingard delivered from the same position.

I'm starting to think Martial won't become much better than this, don't think he'll become the superstriker we need but a good option from the bench.

Suv666

Ole looking chirpy at the end is fecking painful. Shows how far we have fallen, he's happy with the draw.

Le Red

Ole out. No more excuses.
Also thanks for nothing match goers for bailing on the walkout.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
We cannot score goals against competent defenses, and that simply must be a coaching problem.

This can't go on.

Fiasco

Why does Ole keep on using the 4-2-3-1? Its clearly not working, especially breaking down a low block. What is the need for the double pivot? We need to start playing to our strengths. Either a 3-4-3 or a narrow 4-3-3 now with Bruno operating as a advanced 8 on the right of the 3.
Pereira is clearly not good enough. Great technically, however, does not have the ability to make the right decision when in the attacking third. Very annoying to watch him make the same mistake time and time again.

mc moon81

Buy a midfielder who banged in 30+ goals last year and play him Behind mata.
Martial was fecking woeful as was andres.
I wouldn’t be surprised if poch has already agreed to take over at the end of the season.

RedMilo

Glad we haven't got a game for a few weeks, as Ive had enough at watching this shite.. Hopefully, McT & Pogba will be back and Igalho actually adds something as well. Usual suspects Pereira/James haven't got a clue when they get to edge of box. Bruno looked fecked and got deeper and deeper longer the game went on, which is not where we need him to be. It says something when our biggest threat is a full back that can only defend.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Decent result considering we were playing with 9 men for most of the game. Martial nowhere to be found and Periera gives the ball away almost every time he gets it...

I love AWB for his defensive duties. But in the attaack he is useless (other than his last cross of the game). When I saw Dalot was coming on I thought for sure it would be for AWB to give us some attack from RB...

Matic will be back next game so that should put Bruno into the #10 where he belongs...

Ighalo is hopefully fit. Martial needs to slot out to the left. Perhaps he will do better with more space...

MOTM for me goes to either Maguire or Shaw. Both were great today...

Overall....poor result but at least we didn't lose ground on Chelsea...

Hoof the ball

It wouldn't matter who Ole had in this team. Ole could take over the City team, and I guarantee he'd have them underperforming and looking disjointed. If you can't coach, you can't coach.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
We've got a decent squad now and Ole is still looking lost on the side lines.

Man of the Match

Harry Maguire image Harry Maguire 28% of 322 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 317 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Wolves win
  • Draw