PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:1 Wolverhampton Wanderers

Post-match discussion

Mon, 03 January 2022

redmanx

I have got to say that in my 20+ years of following United, this is absolute rock bottom for me. We have struggled before but it always seemed like if we got different players and/or a different manager in, we could turn things around. We've signed so many players and gone through so many mangers at this point that I just don't see any hope.

Watching the matches and following club football in general is just depressing and infuriating. For the first time, i find myself avoiding football media (radio, articles, podcasts, social media, etc.) and not looking forward at all to matchdays. Sad, sad times indeed.
I know exactly how you feel; Im just glad I decided not to go to the Wolves match, somebody might have found me hanged from the roof of the Stretford End!

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
I've said it before, we don't really have any players who are good on the ball.

Look at Neves and Moutinho, both are very cultured and classy passers. We have nobody. I'd say the only player who is good on the ball is Luke Shaw...... Maybe Matic at a push but he can barely move.

It's been the same for years. Last good "Footballer" we had was probably Carrick. Pathetic really.
Pogba and Bruno are classy passers most of the time. Greenwood is going to be but not quite there yet. Shaw is pretty good.

pedgon

There was absolutely no reason to give Mata an extension. I love the guy but it was obviously a braindead decision. At the very least I guess he has that charity thing where he donates a portion of his wages so at least some of it is going to that!
yup a massive 1%

lex talionis

There was absolutely no reason to give Mata an extension. I love the guy but it was obviously a braindead decision. At the very least I guess he has that charity thing where he donates a portion of his wages so at least some of it is going to that!
I would be ok with a miserly 75k/week as the guy who’s the calm head in the squad and fill in here and there, but 160/week is completely insane. And in truth, a basis for reasonable resentment by other players who put in a lot more shifts in the job. I’ve never run a professional football club but I assert here that whoever signed off on this should be mercilessly flogged in the public square.

chicha14

I really hope Ralf learnt a lesson in this game that we cannot play Sancho and Greenwood as AM's, they naturally go out wide and we end up with a 424 that we saw Ole try to implement which leaves u horribly exposed and open in midfield which leads to us conceding a ridiculous amount of chances per game.
Put Bruno in there with Lingard or even VDB and see how that goes. Let our FB's provide width.

Hughes35

Pogba and Bruno are classy passers most of the time. Greenwood is going to be but not quite there yet. Shaw is pretty good.
Pogba doesn't play for us and Bruno is awful at keeping possession. He can play a good killer ball but he can't really do pass and move.

pedgon

How much of your salary do you donate?
It's none of your business but I don't earn much and struggle with bills every week. If I was on Mata's "silly money" I would give more than 1%.

Man of the Match

Phil Jones image Phil Jones 77% of 326 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

4.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 313 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Wolves win
  • Draw