PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:1 Wolverhampton Wanderers

Post-match discussion

Mon, 03 January 2022

yipthatman

But we've been doing bad performances and occasional wins this season it doesn't amount to anything it just pulls the wool of people's eyes.

We need a major change
I get your point but the complete overhaul is needed right from the top down and it wont happen unless every fan completely boycotts United until they leave, which won't happen. I know I wouldn't. We will get a decent game soon enough and then all will be forgotten for the evening.

Sheamus

Ralf will probably cop some of the blame because people want an instant turnaround from the shite performances. People are desperate for a run. A little bit of success to show that the team is progressing. I look at Arsenal at the moment and how they’ve developed, and I want that for Manchester United. I’ll take that. They are buzzing at the moment.

sparx99

Because he was utter trash and has one move - shift to his left foot and shoot at a defender. Hasn't worked in 24 months.
He played a brilliant cross field pass first half that got Sancho in. He also was by far our most intense attacker. Running at the opposition and beating a player to get into the box.

With Sancho LW, Cavani and Ronaldo up to we just had the attackers plying the ball back constantly. We need a threat in behind to stretch the game. Play Sancho on the right where he has played his best and get Greenwood through the middle. Even if Ronaldo plays LW he might find more space by roaming away from the CB’s. I don’t think he’s great back to goal.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
0-5 vs liverpool (could've been 0-10) 0-2 city 1-4 watford
Watford was a low point, but the other two we got turned over by two much better teams than us.

Today, we allowed an average team like Wolves to have 19 shots at us at home, which is as many as Liverpool had when they flattened us whilst playing 30 minutes against 10 men. Add that to scraping past the worst team in the league with a late penalty, and then failing to beat the 2nd worst team in the league, we're definitely not better under RR.

Fully Fledged

Love how people are having a go at the manager when you have Rashford punting simple passes out for goal kicks and Greenwood kicking passes out for throws, how about Sancho passing to Wolves players for fun, or McTominay giving the ball away, perhaps AWB never finding one man with a cross.

How can you coach players when that's their standard?
Rashford played for 15 minutes. We were shite all match how he is being signalled out for tonight's performance is just mind blowing.

Okey

Have we been scammed by a snake oil merchant? Can't seem to get anything consistently right these days, United. We just look broken. Almost like we're paying for all those years of Fergie domination.

Zevvythered

Genuine question!! would you swap all the Portuguese players that played today for wolves over the United players in the same positions??

De Gea - De Sa
Wan B - Nelson S
Scott M - Neves
Matic - Moutinho
Sancho - Podence
Greenwood - Trincao

GL21

I'm not sure can a handful of world class additions change us. Currently we would infect them with our toxicity and drag them Down. What exceptionally strong minded personalities can come in and have such an influence to lift the current wasters. Can't also understand how a person with the football mentality VDB has, grown in the Ajax philosophy, who can at least better our link up play cannot get a chance. Perplexed at where the situation can possibly change now. Would be nice to not care but feck me this hurts

Reactions: Cheimoon

Ixion

The back end of Moyes' season is the closest in terms of feeling right now to me, that realisation of how far off we are and how much work needs to be done.

sugar_kane

Honestly I’m getting LvG vibes. Shocking performance
Not to be one of those bores, but I called this when he was appointed.

We will soon begin to hate the words physicality, pressing etc as much as philosophy. All meaningless unless it is translating onto the pitch.

This is not to say he’s a bad coach, but he may be the wrong appointment, since we don’t have the players for his style of football (certainly to not see results quickly enough into only a six month tenure)

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Nothing to say really. Just hoping we get some wins from somewhere. Pretty sad start to the second half of the season..

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Supporting this so called team needs to stop.

F*ck them, clear out is needed, starting this window.

daveskimufc

Was cavani in midfield

really didn’t get it

no options in midfield when anyone had the ball

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Problem with this club is giving monstrous contracts to players who don’t deserve it. Just look at Rashford, Martial, Shaw renewals. You only need to « perform « a few weeks to make it here and be a multi millionaire.
No surprise they don’t give a damn. No matter what they’ll get a pay rise.
If this post was written 3 hours ago, it would have included Jones' renewal.

Kneejerk FC.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Wolves didn’t even have to play well. It’s insane how many times in a game our players either miscontrol the ball, play a pass too short/long or get the ball stuck under their feet. It’s like the entire club has the yips.

yipthatman

Wolves didn’t even have to play well. It’s insane how many times in a game our players either miscontrol the ball, play a pass too short/long or get the ball stuck under their feet. It’s like the entire club has the yips.
It's really weird. How can you not pass the ball when it's what you do all your life? Are they trying to make each other look bad?

Ixion

There is something really off about the VDB treatment that makes me feel like it's related to whatever is going on behind the scenes causing us problems.

carlbcfc

Supports
Birmingham City
It has to be 4231 don’t it?

Ronaldo/Cavani point man

Bruno 10

wide Sancho & Greenwood

CM Mid needs reinforcements asap.

Manchester United need to put their mark on the transfer market. Once the worlds most lucrative club, they’re wasting money on WBS & McGuire, whilst skimping a few quid off Sancho….

Go & get Jude Bellingham & Declan Rice to solve that CM problem for 5/8 years. Longer in Jude’s case. £250 million will be a good investment on both. I say that in mind, as it will take that much to prise both away.

And dare I say it? Get Bruce in as a defensive consultant.40 years of defending & coaching teams to defend in that mans head rotting away.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Just listened to RR interview, I expected him to say he took Greenwood off because he was injured… but no he wasn’t and imo he bottled out taking off the bigger name in Ronaldo or Cavani when it was clear Greenwood was the only one playing well…

Id have hooked Ronaldo every time, are managers scared of him And his petulance if subbed?
Ole benched Ronaldo for the Everton game and everyone lost their collective minds that he didn't start. Benching Ronaldo for any reason will not be well received at any point by anyone

mu4c_20le

Ole benched Ronaldo for the Everton game and everyone lost their collective minds that he didn't start. Benching Ronaldo for any reason will not be well received at any point by anyone
Well, we also dropped points. If wed hammered them I doubt there would be much loss of minds.

Morpheus 7

Dressing room rotten, not good enough. Ralph talks a good game but has changed absolute nothing. Hard to expect anything positive in the second half of the season, something badly wrong inside United.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Moutinho is 36 this year and can still play 90 minutes in midfield yet our older players always look shot.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Well, we also dropped points. If wed hammered them I doubt there would be much loss of minds.
The irony was that we were leading 1-0 at half time. The goal was conceded after Ronaldo came on.

I remember it well because the Redcafe was actually enjoying the first half, just a bit of moaning about Oles sitting and the odd missed pass.

Today our problems started and ended with the midfield though, all shambles all the time

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
While there are ton of problems in the club and Rangnick 100% needs to make drastic changes (baby steps definitely not working), if we are talking about today's and weekend's matches specifically, our forwards are to be blamed. Even more specifically, Ronaldo and Cavani are not clinical enough in finishing. They had chances, they didn't convert them. Had we scored enough goals, we could have won both games and be 5 points richer, everything else being equal.

Now the question is - do we have players who can play instead of Ronaldo/Cavani and do it better?

Bondi77

This team is a shambles!
How Cavani played the full game amazes me :houllier:

Man of the Match

Phil Jones image Phil Jones 77% of 326 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

4.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 313 ratings.

Score Predictions