FA W FA Cup 3rd Round

Yeovil Town 0:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 04 January 2015

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Am still confused why we were so rubbish.

Yeovil just huffed and puffed and yet we were totally devoid of rhythm, movement or the huge gulf in class of the players we had.

Glad the game is over as it was torture to watch.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
3-5-2 can die.

Fletcher should not start again. Good to have Di Maria back, he and Mata linked up well.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
Not a fun way to spend 90 minutes and we lack pace and smarts on the ball once the spainish speaking lot are out of the team.

We really need Rojo back as he is the best passer of our defenders and Blind to help build in midfield.

Revan

Assumptionman
Story of the season. Shit performance but then a moment of magic from a player wins us the game.

I hope that 3-5-2 has a very fast painful death.

MZX7

@Vato @Varun @moses @Hectic @Solius
Pretty laid back performance...Wilson should've taken this chance by the scruff but I still don't see any signs of him being anything close to the 'Great' player tag that his "Reserves" fan seem to have on this forum.

Am I missing something or are others feeling that he's another academy-avaerage??

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
Yeovil put in one hell of a shift.

We were largely average, LvG seems stubborn about using a different formation to 3-5-2.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Absolutely shit of a performance but the score is what matters the most. I'd feel pretty embarrassed if I were one of our players tonight though, Yeovil deserve a lot of credit for giving us a run for our money there.

Roboc7

Got through which is all that matters but couldn't have complained if Yeovil had of earns a replay.

Was useful that some players got a run out but LVG is struggling, we look unbalanced, pedestrian, predictable and move the ball too slowly. He also seems to have settled on three at the back and it isn't working.

McNair is an accident waiting to happen and signing falcao would be a huge mistake if possible we should strengthen in the transfer window.

Trizy

Job down against a team who went out to leave everything on the pitch and done themselves proud. Only problem I continue to have is 352 can feck right off.

OneUnited24

Echo what most are saying, 3-5-2 doesnt suit us one bit. We were shown up by a league 1 team with it...

As soon as we went to a 442 we looks so much more composed. I wonder if LvG starts us off with a 352 just so we can change it later to throw the opposition off

KeninDC

Rest in Peace
Mata and AdM both had a real impact. Let's hope the 3-5-2 is finally put out of its misery. Rafael and Shaw both looked off the pace-hope it's just a problem with them as WBs-which won't happen with a back 4. Onwards.

Varun

Staff
Looked better after we switched to a back 4 as pretty much everyone wanted pre-game. Our tempo was painful in the 1st half.

Still, win in the bag and onwards we go. Good to see Di Maria back. His pace will be a big help.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
2 good goals and we are in the hat. Thank god Di Maria is back.

Raw

Credit to Yeovil, we were pretty awful.

Looked a lot better once we went with 4-4-2 though. We barely even got into the oppositions half with 3-5-2.

Really odd decision to sub Shaw and Rafael off though :houllier:

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Thank feck for that! And yet LvG will still persist with 3-5-2. Just glad we're in the fourth round at the moment!

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Same as the rest of the season. Shit football, rescued only by the talent of some of our attackers. LVG not keeping up his part of the deal, I dread to think how we'd look if he hadn't spent a tonne on attackers.

Concerning display to say the least.

rpitchfo

Terrible performance. Some players really are writing their own eulogies.

VanGaalEra

Away win - waahey!

Clean sheet - waahey!

2 nice goals - waahey!

Everything else average. We have to dump 3-5-2 for as long as we have the CB's we have along with Fletch in and out of the side.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Hilarious match thread. Apparently United are a pub team who don't deserve to be 3rd in the league.
A hell of a lot of posters have no memories of cup performances from the Fergie years.

Main problem in the first half was Shaw and Rafael. Just not fit enough for their roles. But also the midfielders were not sharp enough.

Nobody played well. But they won. Great to have ADM back.

Will need to be far better against Southampton. That game is a big concern if Shaw and Rafael are not fit enough to play wingback. Big question for LVG.

caid

Jeez, really hard to pick a man of the match for all the wrong reasons. Tempted to pick di maria, he just adds so much to our play.

Tbh, these games tend to go this way. We play a bit crap, win 2-0 and everyone forgets it a week later.
We just struggled to get the ball out from the back, wasn't impressed with fletcher at all.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I wasn't able to watch the second half. How did di Maria do? And was the change from a 3-5-2 to the diamond 4-4-2 effective?

Player Ratings

5.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 403 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Yeovil win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 22% Yeovil 0:3 Man Utd
  • 15% Yeovil 0:4 Man Utd