CL W Champions League Group H

Young Boys 0:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Wed, 19 September 2018

Lucky McLuckerson

The saviour of our season (ask Maradona10)
It was a stroll in the end for us, a comfortable 3:0 victory to open our Champions League Group H campaign. It wasn't all that comfortable for the first 30 minutes or so as Young Boys had a real go at us. You could see what a big night it was for them but despite showing some threat on the break they lacked the quality to really hurt us.

Once Pogba smashed in a lovely opening goal after 36 minutes we were always in control. He second goal minutes later from the spot took the wind out of Young Boys and Martial put some polish on the result with a third goal in the second-half.

Young Boys are undoubtedly the weakest side in this group so it was crucial we got the three points today. You would expect the other teams in the group to also beat them.

Harder tests await, with a home game against Valencia on 2 October next in the Champions League.

That's three away wins on the spin by the way.

Young Boys 0:1 Man Utd - Pogba (36')

Young Boys 0:2 Man Utd - Pogba (43' pen)

Young Boys 0:3 Man Utd - Martial (65')

Raw

Poor start but once we scored we got better and better. MOTM Pogba with Shaw a very close 2nd. Dalot looked good on his debut and Martial looked like his old self in the 2nd half. Not bad.

el3mel

Very comfortable win. Only problem is our defense looked shaky.

Impressive performance by Martial, Pogba, Shaw and Dalot. May it continue.

pauldyson1uk

Very good away win, did mot have to get out of second gear.
Good goal and well taken pen by Pogba, Dalot looked impressive on his first start.
3 away wins on the bounce, need to carry this on in the PL. Starting with Wolves on Saturday.
Job well done tonight.

Josep Dowling

Nice start to the Champions League.

I like Dalot. Nice to see a young team out as well.

Couldn’t ask for a better night with City losing as well.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
3-0 away from home on a plastic pitch, will take that

Looking better game by game on the break. Like it.

Minimalist

Enjoyable win in the end, second half was better from us.

World class goal from Pogba. Two goals and an assist for him - easy MOTM.

Shaw looked good too. Dalot had a solid debut. Probably only Rashford and Lukaku looked poor in my book. Nice to win away in Europe any time.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Struggled initially with the pitch, second half was very good. Created lot of chances and also defended well.

RB putting in good crosses was a welcome change. Shaw created very good chances too.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Poor performance.

Only positive was Dalot, Shaw and Pogba but the rest need to fined for that showing.

binary bot
Loads of players starting to look very good

Shaw, Fellaini, Matic, Dalot, De Gea, Pogba and Smalling all excellent

Shaw looks fecking brilliant, Dalot loads of potential

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Job done, some good performances tonight. Pogba, Shaw and Martial in the second half were the standouts for me. We still conceded a lot of chances, Young Boys actually weren't a bad team at all. Thought Dalot had some good moments going forward but was done a few times defensively and Fred got better as the game went on.

Picking up points is the most important thing and 3 away wins on the bounce is nothing to laugh at, finally back to OT this weekend. Rashford wasn't good. Get him off free kicks ASAP as he's useless at them.

Cloud7

Pogba was very good.
Dalot is ready to be our full time RB now. Valencia to be his understudy.
Good to see some stability in CB, solid game from the two of them.
Good game from Martial. Deserves to keep his place this weekend.
Shaw continues to impress. Today was the first time in years we had two full backs going forward in a competent manner. Long may it continue.

Andersons Dietician

Having two fullbacks that could influence the game positively had me smiling from ear to ear. Both would actually go at people and aren’t afraid of the byline, thank god.

Wayne's World

Dalot, Shaw, Martial (Second half) and Pogba were brilliant.

Really enjoyed that second half, haven't said that much this season and the look of Graeme Souness face on Irish telly is priceless having to praise Pogba :lol::lol::lol:

fallengt

Should've beaten them 4, 5-0. English pundits can shut up about Rashford now.
Also Pep Guardiola is my idol E X P O S E D

Ban

Professional display. They were dangerous in the 1st but once we scored and scored again it was cruise in the park.

Excellent game by Pogba, that's the way, taking the game by the scruff. Not so good 1st but very good 2nd half by Martial, he really gave it a go.

Our FBs were excellent. Shaw is and should be a definite starter at LB and Dalot had a brilliant debut game I thought and hopefully he'll start at the weekend.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Really impressive debut by Dalot, it's nice to see him driving forward and his crosses have been pretty good as well. Had a mistake or two defensively, but he seems like a solid player for his age. Exciting to see how he develops.

Biggest criticism would be the final pass, the entire team struggled to put in fairly easy final passes that would have led to goalscoring opportunities.

Pogba's first goal was a beauty, and it was nice to see Martial turn it on in the second half after an anonymous first. Shame on Young Boys for that pitch.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
We look much slicker in attack without Sanchez, although the quality of our opponents is also a factor.

Judas

Open to offers
Biggest take away from that was how exciting Dalot looks, very very promising.

Yeah we were sloppy, final ball was lacking at times, but 3-0 away from home, I'll take that.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Very comfortable in the end. Pleasing to come through away from home on a dodgy pitch.

The performance up until the first goal was subpar. No cohesion up top and it was very disappointing how little authority we had in the midfield and how jittery we looked at the back as a result of a limited though highly-enthused Young Boys outfit catching us cold on a few occasions.

However the first goal settled everything and was an outstanding touch of class in an otherwise forgettable game. Also pleasing were Dalot on the right, Shaw on the left after his knock and Martial plundering a goal from a much improved second half display.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Shaw fantastic, looking more assured with each game. Clear MOTM in my opinion. Pogba still bugs the shit out of me, always will I fear. At least four stupid concessions of possession in central areas. We'll get killed for that at some stage. Very promising debut for Dalot, masterful cameo from Marouane, couple of shaky moments I know but I still feel Smalling and Lindelof are making progress as a pairing. I'm liking our current incarnation. 9th favourites for the Champions League might suit us.

AndyMUFC

Nice win, were under the cosh a bit before we scored but we didn't look back after that and were very good in the second half. Pogba made the difference tonight and it was a great debut for Dalot.

Kopral Jono

Pogba was amazing and likewise Martial. Rashford is a wonderful talent but needs to massively improve on his decision-making. Good cameo by Pereira. Dalot and Shaw >>>>> Valencia and Young.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Three goals, three away wins, three points.

Jose can do his ''number three' speech again in the post match interview.

"I have three points and three goals ... that is more than Pep and Poch together in this week's CL."

Raises three fingers, drops mike, walks out.
:lol:

"Respect, respect, respect!"

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Not the best performance but our quality showed and happy we got away with a clean sheet.

Dalot excellent, Pogba started shaky but bossed it in the end, de Gea with some important saves. Counter attacking passes leave a lot to be desired.

For the 3rd win on the road in a row, definitely not complaining

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Bit ragged in the first half, but by far the better team and did the job well in the end.

Mick321

Good win, weathered the inevitable storm and our quality took over. Decent debut by Dalot.

ZAGREB RED

Scoreline was a bit harsh on YBs in the end, but no one complaining from a United perspective obviously. They aren't a top team in European terms, not by a long way, but a 3-0 win away from home to start the CL campaign is a good start.

Man of the Match

Paul Pogba image Paul Pogba 86% of 606 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 393 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Young Boys win
  • Draw