CL W Champions League Group H

Young Boys 0:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Wed, 19 September 2018

dave1956

Bonus tonight as mentioned two full backs who created problems for the opposition with strong attacking runs and quality cross balls.

Canagel

We did what we had to do. Just keep the winning run going. We finally look sorted at the fullback positions which I never thought I would say in the summer. Very excited to see more of Dalot and Shaw just picking up from where he was before. I would like us to be more composed in counter attacks to improve further though. Too many misplaced passes.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Dominant display. I like this kind of wins. When we scored first goal, job was done. And btw; our third win in a row, my third game in a row with exact score predicted. Just saying...

Red Royal

Top performance. Not sure why Jose didn't take Lukaku off instead of Rashford aside from that exactly what we needed.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Dalot speaks such good English.

The Real Treble 99

Great controlled performance!
Poor from Rashford, Fred & Lukaku. Martial 1st half poor but made a huge effort in the 2nd “well done”. Luke Shaw bossed it & my MOTM. at times pitch looked like a skate park but the team did very well. We were never under any real pressure at any time & thought Dalot had a great game. Pogba did good even though I thought he was quiet but that’s quality when it comes out. Overall a very good watch in a game in which we never really had to switch gears. Great vibe at the moment & IA we can carry on going strong.

krazyrobus

I liked Dalot, he's probably average but having been so starved of a proper RB since Rafael I guess he's looking good. Did not like his two slips, shows he needs to work on his positioning.

Hard to guage anything else from this game given the opponents and the pitch.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Lukaku's first touch and Martial/ Rashord dumbass wing play is killing our attack.

redom

We struggled a bit with our link up play and wasted some good opportunities with poor decisions/passes but it was comfortable in the end.

Shaw continues his revival and Dalot looked promising on his debut, it would be nice if those 2 had strong seasons for us because our wide areas are still a glaring weakness. Martial looked more up for it in the second half and got a goal for his efforts, wouldn't mind him getting another run out at weekend.

Prodigy24

Good win and a good start. Not the best performance but we played much better after the first goal. Dalot was very impressive and Luke Shaw gets better with each game. Rashford, Fred and Lukaku all very dissapointing tonight, especially Rashford who couldn't do a thing right.

Hope we keep on improving.

tony54

Nice start to the Champions League.

I like Dalot. Nice to see a young team out as well.

Couldn’t ask for a better night with City losing as well.
I agree, good that city were losing. I was in a bar in Leeds and the only one watching MU, the other 5 TV's were showing City.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Great result, ok performance.

Shocking decision for the penalty though, l I'm sure we'd have won without it too

tony54

Who would have thought, the area of full back which we all thought would be Uniteds Achilles heel is looking like it could be the strongest area of the team ...
Couldn't agree more and even Pogba was playing with Attitude

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Looking at that pitch it was like looking at a Norwegian league game.

Also, liking Dalot a lot.

Coops73

Great result, Pogba played well, impressed with Dalot, Shaw my MOTM.

Let’s keep it up against Wolves.

SamVimes

Missed the game and just turned on Virgin Sport to get Graham Souness and Mick McCarthy's analysis. Apparently we were awful, lucky to score, irrelevant that we have won three in a row, and if we meet a better passing team like City, then we will be destroyed. Was it really that bad?

kundalini

One moment of class from Pogba. Benefited from a ridiculous penalty decision. Lots of dangerous moments inside our box.

Dalot looks promising going forwards, unconvincing defending. Fred was awful until the subs appeared on the touch-line waiting to make the change.

Martial had a go. Lukaku poor. Rashford hit the post, otherwise terrible.

Shaw playing well again.

Gordon S

We were fuming cause the club didn't buy any fullbacks.
Now we have Shaw and Dalot looking very promising, funny how things unfold sometimes.

Happy for the win and no injuries on that pitch.

OutOfTowner

JCL Daytripping WUM
Missed the game and just turned on Virgin Sport to get Graham Souness and Mick McCarthy's analysis. Apparently we were awful, lucky to score, irrelevant that we have won three in a row, and if we meet a better passing team like City, then we will be destroyed. Was it really that bad?
Souness came up with that. That's all you need to know.

Ban

:lol:

Tossers.
On a day in which City lost.

George The Best

Penalty decision was outrageous, as was Lukaku’s ball control. We deserved to win but much bigger tests await. Main thing was to stay injury free on a horrible plastic pitch. Meanwhile, on the other side of the City ....

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Was average enough until we scored.

Have to be more clinical though.

dpansheth

agreed with the sentiment that we strolled thru the game, with no injuries, Dalot and Shaw looking promising. Pogba's first goal was a treat to watch. Martial must have gotten good kick in the dressing room, he came back and paired well on the left side with Shaw. Mata had couple of good opportunities but did not take them to prove me right in my score prediction. :)

We should be able to beat Valencia as well, and we are looking good after that tottenham game.

OutOfTowner

JCL Daytripping WUM
Actually Mick seemed much more positive about what we did and defended against those assertions but Souness was so boiling with fury that it would be no great surprise if he went on a rampage.

MalcolmTucker

Enjoyed seeing some decent crosses coming from our right-back. Solid enough performance

Man of the Match

Paul Pogba image Paul Pogba 86% of 606 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 393 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Young Boys win
  • Draw