Post some art you like

Will Absolute

I know it's great art but I've never really liked the Arnolfini Wedding picture.

It's the subject matter. It's hard to be enthusiastic about a big nosed burgher and his complacent wife. And the sack he's wearing, and the ridiculous dog.

Art

Art the artist

Was done 300-400 years before the renaissance. The sculptor still remains unknown.

I had a cast sculpting class and my final project was to sculpt the head of the hellenistic human. One of the most beautifully drawn sculptures I've seen.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
I'm a big fan of Jacques-Louis David. All of his work is fantastic. Napoleon Crossing the Alps, Marat, Oath of the Horatii, Coronation of Napoleon, etc.

:drool:

Art

Art the artist
I'm a big fan of Jacques-Louis David. All of his work is fantastic. Napoleon Crossing the Alps, Marat, Oath of the Horatii, Coronation of Napoleon, etc.

:drool:
Neo-classist wasn't he?

That one with Napoleon on his horse had an interesting story to it.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Yeah. I forgot the Death of Socrates, Oath of the Tennis Courts and a few others.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Caspar David Friedrich

Rembrandt

Bernini

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
this painting belongs to Goya and it's titled "saturn devouring his son" it's from his dark moment and i've never seen a more powerful and sinister painting, it's in El Prado museum and i visit it every time i go to madrid

how depressed he must have been to paint something like that
The El Prado is fantastic. The whole thing was his reaction to the state of Spain at the time (the giant devouring it's future). I also love the picasso and Miro galleries in Barcelona. Picasso was so bloody good at 10 years old it's scary.

Anyway a modern artist I like watching is Voka with his spontaneous realism.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
This thread made me realize that this is Pablo Picasso's full name. I know we Spaniards tend to have long names but this is taking the piss a bit. :lol:

Pablo Diego José Francisco de Paula Juan Nepomuceno María de los Remedios Cipriano de la Santísima Trinidad Ruiz y Picasso

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
It's great, just need it to be a bit warmer. It's an ideal place if you wanna smoke weed and get wasted every other day. I'd like to immerse myself more into the arts and the language as well though.

Art

Art the artist
:lol: Vato,.

Was never really a fan of Picasso's work. Nils, in Spain you say? Velasquez and Sorolla are two artists whose works I would see live if i were you.

And Nils, if it is not much trouble these pictures you post, can you post the name of the artist along with the pic please :)

Thanks!

Vooon

Hal Institute for Criminally Insane Robots
Lars Lerin, Swedish water colour artist, former alcoholic with some pretty heavy mental issues. I think he's back on track now thankfully. He's viewed as one of the best water colourists in the Nordic countries, but he really must be world class if there's any such thing in the world of water colours.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
:lol: Vato,.

Was never really a fan of Picasso's work. Nils, in Spain you say? Velasquez and Sorolla are two artists whose works I would see live if i were you.

And Nils, if it is not much trouble these pictures you post, can you post the name of the artist along with the pic please :)

Thanks!
It's Caspar David Friedrich

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Yep, I like bizarre Mannerist rubbish:

Madonna with the Long Neck ~ Parmigianino

Art

Art the artist
I've always found Mannerist work too forced. Pontormo, tintoretto, parmigianino all of em. Just these 9 head figures that just don't work. But that madonna with the long neck is pretty famous.

Art

Art the artist
Lars Lerin, Swedish water colour artist, former alcoholic with some pretty heavy mental issues. I think he's back on track now thankfully. He's viewed as one of the best water colourists in the Nordic countries, but he really must be world class if there's any such thing in the world of water colours.

fecking hell. These are just so beast. Love them. Thanks for sharing!

One nordic artist I just absolutely love is Odd Nerdrum.