Posts actually made on a day we beat West Ham away 2-1 with Jesse Lingard scoring the winner in the last minute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Its public shaming by a high profile individual, giving people the choice of recanting their “wrong” views and being allowed to join the crowd or sticking to their views and facing a pile on. Presumably under the guise of “it’s just a bit of fun”. In school or work you’d call it for what it is.
High. Profile. Individual.

Pickle85

Its public shaming by a high profile individual, giving people the choice of recanting their “wrong” views and being allowed to join the crowd or sticking to their views and facing a pile on. Presumably under the guise of “it’s just a bit of fun”. In school or work you’d call it for what it is.
@Wumminator is LOVING being referred to as a high profile individual. Proper chest puff :lol: ing out preening I'd imagine

The Firestarter

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Herman Toothrot

Mummy the bad man on the Internet used my own words against me.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
My point is always the same

If these people watched the game properly instead of hammering away at their keyboards non-stop, they might learn something about the game.
This

Why are people even typing this shite while the game is on? Put your keyboard down, watch the match enjoy another excellent away win against of the league's best sides.
And also this

lsd

The Oracle
@Wumminator

Why have included my post in your list of the damned? This is not the first time you've misquoted me, by the way.

Also, it's a bit silly judging posts made in the heat of the moment.

To be fair your posts are always negative.

Bite

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
:lol:

What you are describing is not even remotely close to what happened. What they wrote in public was posted again, and if they feel some type of way about it, that's their problem. Mind you "positive" comments were also reposted.

RetroStu

Unfortunately no one on here can see the future. The moaning was based on it being Lingard. I'm sure most of the same people you quoted are very happy that Lingard scored.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Oranges038

Imagine being pissed that a guy whos done shit all in 4 years and gave away a shit goal in mid week was coming on.

Masters of hindsight. Let's see the reactions when he signs his new deal and stinks it up for another 4 years.

mav_9me

Like some others I stand by my comment about Lingard going from being sold to key sub.

Howerve if Ole can get him performing like he did for West Ham and he makes key contributions like today, fair play. Ecstatic to be wrong.

macheda14

Seriously? Happy for Lingard that he did score a worldie. Lightning doesn't strike twice and hope we don't do that again. Taking Pogba off when Fred was embarrassing , has the potential to be one of the worst ever decisions.
Weird lightning did strike twice seeing as Lingard scored a cracking goal against Newcastle as well.

AllGoodNamesRGone

Supports
Arsenal
I made an outstanding post in the match day thread that wasn’t even quoted in said thread, much less getting quoted in a whole separate thread. Cafe standards are slipping. For shame.

RetroStu

I mean whats next, going through users post history and finding negative posts about Fred ready for the next time he has a decent game for us?.

FerociousCorgis

Can we bring up this post in 5 years when lingard is the next Phil Jones and hasn't done shit for the club in years

Herman Toothrot

Imagine being pissed that a guy whos done shit all in 4 years and gave away a shit goal in mid week was coming on.

Masters of hindsight. Let's see the reactions when he signs his new deal and stinks it up for another 4 years.
He scored late on from the bench in the last league match we played. It wasn't a bad call and the reaction was silly.

AllGoodNamesRGone

Supports
Arsenal
Sorry - you’re the definition of LPI
I don’t know what LPI means so I’ve had to google it and these are the results it’s given me.

Linux Professional Institute (Linux)
LPILunar and Planetary Institute
LPILines Per Inch
LPILogistics Performance Index
LPILow Probability of Intercept
LPILa Propiedad Industrial (Spanish: Industrial Property)
LPILightning Protection Institute (Harvard, Illinois)
LPILearning and Performance Institute (UK)
LPILand Policy Institute (Michigan State University)
LPILiquid Propane Injection
LPILayer Protocol Implementation
LPILinux Professional Institute
LPILow Pressure Injection
LPILanguage Proficiency Index
LPILender Placed Insurance
LPILiving Planet Index
LPILanguage Proficiency Interview
LPILumosity Performance Index (metric)
LPILaser Peripheral Iridotomy (glaucoma treatment)
LPILysinuric Protein Intolerance
LPILicensed Private Investigator
LPILibyan Petroleum Institute (Tripoli, Libya)
LPILow Pressure Isolation
LPILow-Pressure Injection
LPILand & Property Information (NSW, Australia)
LPILaps Per Incident (racing)
LPILinkoping, Sweden - Saab (Airport Code)
LPILive Production Institute (Las Vegas, NV)
LPILate Payment Interest
LPILast Patient In (clinical trials)
LPILow Pressure Inflator (SCUBA)
LPILinear Position Indicator
LPILead Program Integrator
LPILicensed Plumbing Inspector
LPILinder Publishing Inc.
LPILaser Plasma Instability
LPILiquid Photo Imaging
LPILow Probability of Interference
LPILast Paid Installment
LPILouisiana Pain Initiative
LPILeague of Paranormal Investigators
LPILouisiana Polytechnic Institute (now Louisiana Tech University)
LPILaunch Package Integration
LPILoss Prevention Investigator
LPILabarge Products, Inc (St. Louis, MO)
LPILittle People of Ireland
LPILiquid Penetration Inspection
LPILife Preserving Interval (pedestrian crosswalks)
LPILaunching Position Indicator
LPILog-Polar Image
LPILaw Protection Inc. (Canada) day

Honestly, it could be anyone of them.

nickyboy1981

I don't like the kind of United fan that always slags us off, but I'm sure their hearts in the right place.

As long as each one of them celebrated when the goal went in that's all that matters in my eyes.

bondsname

It’s really fun to make fun of other posters when they’re proven wrong, but I wouldn’t take anything seriously from the match threads. We are all United fans and are all emotional when watching a game, there are going to be some absurd comments occurring. Nothing worse than a comment you hear in real life when watching a game.

The difference is in real life when Lingard scores that winner you and you friends forget all the comments you made and just celebrate together, whereas on the internet your opinion is printed and forever remembered, and you feel obliged to defend yourself.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Ridiculous trying to bully people by what they had written in the middle of a match day thread. Emotions run high during a match and the frustration of being level with West Ham definitely played its part.

I wasn’t hopeful but did understand why Ole started Lingard. He has scored the maximum number of goals in the last few matches among all of our bench options. Also he knew the ground well having played there for a season. He definitely must be doing something right in training for Ole to give him these starts while VDB warms the seats.

Fair play to him and DDG for getting us the three points.
He's not trying to bully people. He's pointing out that some folk might want to think about what they post.

In addition, I'd say a lot of the comments are far less pleasant at times than they would be prepared to say to the player's face.

That should be the line for some people to consider. Would I say this to the guy's face? If not, maybe don't post it on here either

Will Singh

What’s that’s I see, people shouting random stuff during a game because of emotions. You must be a cricket fan in disguise if you’ve never done that?

Status
Not open for further replies.