Posts actually made on a day we beat West Ham away 2-1 with Jesse Lingard scoring the winner in the last minute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoony

The People's President
I had a feeling Lingard would score...he was just meant to score the winner at WH, especially after the week he had.

Then again I had a feeling we'd win The Treble last season.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Its public shaming by a high profile individual, giving people the choice of recanting their “wrong” views and being allowed to join the crowd or sticking to their views and facing a pile on. Presumably under the guise of “it’s just a bit of fun”. In school or work you’d call it for what it is.
High. Profile. Individual.
@AllGoodNamesRGone what do you think LPI is now? :wenger:

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
In hindsight it is always 20/20. The odds were never in his favor based on his previous years here. Good for him though, especially after Tuesday

Reiver

Some posts can go a bit over the top but they're made in the heat of the moment during games. I can forgive most comments made at this point. Most people I know have a bit of a moan during a game when it's not going our way. More worrying are the ridiculous posts/threads made when there isn't a match ongoing.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
I’ve learnt (from reading/lurking since 2001) that in general both the good and bad moments are amplified here to the point of them being grossly taken out of context.

Imagine if Ole’s “masterstroke” fell flat and we ended up with a 1-1 scoreline? The pitchforks will be out in full force.

So the truth is often somewhere in the middle.

Judas

Open to offers
I’ve learnt (from reading/lurking since 2001) that in general both the good and bad moments are amplified here to the point of them being grossly taken out of context.

Imagine if Ole’s “masterstroke” fell flat and we ended up with a 1-1 scoreline? The pitchforks will be out in full force.

So the truth is often somewhere in the middle.
Pretty much. Over analysing comments made in the match day thread is often insanity. Fine going over posts made hours or days after a result. But heat of the moment stuff is just that, usually overly emotional and amped up reactions without too much thought. It's just live venting during the game.

cyberman

Pretty much. Over analysing comments made in the match day thread is often insanity. Fine going over posts made hours or days after a result. But heat of the moment stuff is just that, usually overly emotional and amped up reactions without too much thought. It's just live venting during the game.
But everything about the match day posts pollutes the rest of the forum as well. The toxicity is so bad that the match day thread can’t be held apart from the rest anymore.

RooneyLegend

Those posts were based on the factual history of him not being very good. Not based on the unseen of the future. The posts haven't aged well, but its very easy to understand why someone would say that.
But then again he's been very good this whole year.

Red00012

The match thread is becoming a bit intolerable. There's been a inflation in overly negative and critical shitposting to everything that happens lately and its making even participating in the GDT less enjoyable than I'd like. A bit like the first half when we had most of the possession and 7 shots on goal, and yet there is so much complaining.
Do what I do and stay away it’s toxic

Red00012

That's 2 superb goals he has scored so far this season following on from his successful loan at WHU last season . He has had personal problems over the last few years and I for one am delighted for him for firstly committing himself to the club and also for the maturity he is now showing. Fair play to him.
He has less than 9 months left on his contract ...

Lynty

Makes me laugh when people get defensive about posts they make on a discussion forum. They just double down on their wrong opinion usually, which is why these threads are so entertaining.

Long may they continue.

MattofManchester

Mate, play solitaire. Do something else.

It is seriously depressing that someone ought to devote their time to something as mundane and tactless as this.

Jesus.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
So in that game at 1-0 down in the match thread I immediately predicted we would still win. I predicted a late winner a couple of minutes before it happened. And I predicted DgG would save the penalty.

Does that make me a football genius? No. Just lucky.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
The matchday forum is like being at the pub - kneejerk reactions with your mates, driven entirely on the emotion you feel while watching the game.

There's no deep analysis or even shallow analysis - and it's weird to expect otherwise.

Threads like these are the equivalent of sitting in silence with your mates at the pub as they react to the match, then once full-time hits you pull out your phone and go "I can see you're all happy now, but remember in the 57th minute when you said McTominay was shit....oh you don't? Luckily I've been recording the entire game. Let's have a listen"
:lol:

Polar

Great job @Wumminator. If we do this on routine we can do an enumeration at the end of season. Members with most posts should be band. At least top 10 :D

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Maybe its me being a bit of a dinosaur and not understanding the new social media generation, but for me its not the same as shouting at the screen at home or in the pub. Writing things down is different and should be thought about more, precisely because people can see those words and use them against you. They are permanent. I would have no problem with anybody quoting me on anything I've ever said on this forum. I might think differently to what I did 10 years ago, but days ago? Weeks ago? Probably not

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Threads like these are the equivalent of sitting in silence with your mates at the pub as they react to the match, then once full-time hits you pull out your phone and go "I can see you're all happy now, but remember in the 57th minute when you said McTominay was shit....oh you don't? Luckily I've been recording the entire game. Let's have a listen"
This post deserves a bit more recognition :lol:

Kelly15

Mate, play solitaire. Do something else.

It is seriously depressing that someone ought to devote their time to something as mundane and tactless as this.

Jesus.
Didn't you just devote your time to "something as mundane and tactless as this."?

Maybe you want to take your own advise. Play solitaire. Do something else.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Seems a lot are a little defensive about their posts being named and shamed.... how about you just don't post dumb shit to begin with?

And as said before, watch the fecking match rather than spend the time typing

tomaldinho1

I’m not among them but I struggle to see the rational for making an entire thread pointing fingers at posters who bemoaned a player coming on who has generally been poor for us and gave away a crucial goal in a CL game last week…him then scoring a great winner doesn’t rewrite the past.

If someone posts something really out of order, verbally abuses Lingard or other posters this is warranted but having a measured opinion on a player is the lifeblood of this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.