Posts actually made on a day we beat West Ham away 2-1 with Jesse Lingard scoring the winner in the last minute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Right now, he´s fit to be a United player, and he´s looked like a United player for a while, and I don´t see why you so aggressively are dismissing his improvements. Last season, Martial didn´t look like a United player, the season before he die. A couple of seasons ago, John Stones certainly didn´t look like a City player, now he does. If you get my point.
I don’t remember Martial dying last season. God what have I missed!

Verminator

I think most sane people realize Lingard is a mediocre player that relies almost entirely on form. He's not like Pogba or a good striker where if they're playing poorly they'll still randomly make something good happen.

That being said, this post is an embarrassment (the topic not your reply).

He came on and scored a random goal. I'm glad the team won and good for him that he scored it, however after the midweek he had (and how he's running down his contract while not wanting to leave) of course posters are going to be negative about him. I also bet you wouldn't have posted this if he waddled around the pitch and made a massive error like he did midweek, which plenty of the same people probably called.
I don’t remember Martial dying last season. God what have I missed!
It could explain some performances.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Match day threads are a place to vent, somewhere to let out all that pent up frustration. Or at least that’s what I thought. Fortunately, I haven’t felt much need to use them so far this season.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Can't say I get the match thread thing, so I probably shouldn't even comment - but if it works like a substitute for watching the match with others, I can sort of understand it (even though I personally would find it very distracting having to post frequently while watching). However, to some posters it doesn't seem to work like that - more like a substitute for merely screaming at your own TV screen (and why you'd need such a substitute isn't clear to me).

Anyway, we've all gone "oh, feck - not him, the useless pile of shite..." only to go crazy five minutes later, when the same pile of shite scores the winner. It really isn't something I'd hold against anyone - it's pretty much standard football fan behaviour.

McTerminator

Those posts were based on the factual history of him not being very good. Not based on the unseen of the future. The posts haven't aged well, but its very easy to understand why someone would say that.
Thank you! I’m optimistic tonight though, expecting big things from Sancho and Lingard which seems odd somehow!

Dve

Can't say I get the match thread thing, so I probably shouldn't even comment - but if it works like a substitute for watching the match with others, I can sort of understand it (even though I personally would find it very distracting having to post frequently while watching). However, to some posters it doesn't seem to work like that - more like a substitute for merely screaming at your own TV screen (and why you'd need such a substitute isn't clear to me).

Anyway, we've all gone "oh, feck - not him, the useless pile of shite..." only to go crazy five minutes later, when the same pile of shite scores the winner. It really isn't something I'd hold against anyone - it's pretty much standard football fan behaviour.
Absolutely. I wouldn´t put my shouting in spelling though...

Jericho

Hindsight is 20:20 and all that.

Lingard has always been capable of doing things like that, but based on his overall career so far it's only been in small purple patches.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I wouldn´t put my shouting in spelling though...
No - and that's the part I don't quite get.

I get actually communicating with other United fans during a match (again: a substitute for watching it with your mates - or down the pub) - but typing out pretty much exactly what you'd otherwise shout at the TV...I don't get that. In terms of "venting", isn't it more satisfying to actually scream out loud (rather than using a keyboard or a touch screen)?

Kelly15

Reaching a bit, aren't you?

Me making a post calling this thread pathetic vs him taking the absolute time and energy to gather a list of posts, in the matchday thread no less, so he can gain a little bit of attention and validation.

Reaching.
Did you just not do the same? You took time and energy to call someone "pathetic" to gain a little bit of attention and validation.

KennyBurner

Horrendous players don’t score goals of that calibre. Whether or not he’s a Utd player is a different debate but to describe him as ‘horrendous’ is absurd
Yes they do score those type of goals all the time. He is an attacker and should be capable of such. Still a horrendous player all things combined.

Even the most basic Sunday league players can do that.

wolvored

what would be the point in that?
I was being sarcastic. What's the point of this thread? Anyone can blow hot and cold whilst a game is on. I find that anyone who has got that much time on his hands to trawl through posters who were negative at a particular time. Must live a sad life.

stw2022

Shaming fans from having any other opinion than ‘THE LAST THING THAT HAPPENED IS ALL I KNOW’ is cool idea. Personally I’ve always wanted this place to be more like Talksport so will be thrilled

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I find that anyone who has got that much time on his hands to trawl through posters who were negative at a particular time. Must live a sad life.
Or is a bit sick of the spoilt, over-dramatic and always negative toddlers throwing a tanty who seem to have taken over the United forum recently.

Regalia

The fact that a trash thread like this that contributes nothing to anything or anyone has still not been locked shows what this forum and its mods have devolved into. I've seen topics even daring to question our style of play or performances locked within minutes. Newbies want promotion? Just praise Ole, or spend your life trawling through stuff absolute strangers say on the internet to get brownie points with the mod team. Seems like it works for somebody, at least. Hilarious. This place is worse than RAWK these days.

wise_old_man

The fact that a trash thread like this that contributes nothing to anything or anyone has still not been locked shows what this forum and its mods have devolved into. I've seen topics even daring to question our style of play or performances locked within minutes. Newbies want promotion? Just praise Ole, or spend your life trawling through stuff absolute strangers say on the internet to get brownie points with the mod team. Seems like it works for somebody, at least. Hilarious. This place is worse than RAWK these days.
The type of rant usually coming out from a plastic fan...
Now where's my promotion?

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Mods and Staff are clearly on "one side". Which is fair enough as most are also United fans and they are entitled to their opinions and stuff, but I think the bias shouldnt slip through the moderating and donation of likes.

But come on, it's still far better than RAWK and a very good forum.

Doracle

The match thread was a disgrace on Sunday. We dominated a side who nearly made CL last season and who were unbeaten this campaign, away from home, and the match thread read like we were being outplayed by Grimsby. Well done to the OP for this excellent thread.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
It’s kind of silly that these sort of threads are allowed on the forum. I love this forum for not being like RAWK & censoring too much but not sure what this achieves apart from fighting amongst fans.

stw2022

Never expressing an opinion but goading those who have isn’t against the rules, so go for it

Anustart89

It’s kind of silly that these sort of threads are allowed on the forum. I love this forum for not being like RAWK & censoring too much but not sure what this achieves apart from fighting amongst fans.
Imagine a thread where someone just quoted the posts that said “Martial/Lingard/Sancho will score a goal today” when the lineups were announced, calling it “Posts actually made in a thread before we were goalless and lost to West Ham”. Wouldn’t even get one response before being locked.

You could just go into the PL ain’t ready for bald Martial and quote people who thought he’d have a good season with a bunch of green smileys, but I have a feeling that mocking people for being wrong is only allowed in one direction.

I know it says in his name that he’s a WUM, and it’s an obvious wind-up thread on a board where WUMming isn’t allowed, only designed to rile people up, but here we are, almost a week later with the thread still open.

And before people claim that I’m sour because I was quoted, I’m not. My post was funny as pointed out by numerous posters in this very thread and I stand by it and appreciate being quoted so it could get the recognition it deserved but didn’t get in the match day thread :)

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Imagine a thread where someone just quoted the posts that said “Martial/Lingard/Sancho will score a goal today” when the lineups were announced, calling it “Posts actually made in a thread before we were goalless and lost to West Ham”. Wouldn’t even get one response before being locked.

You could just go into the PL ain’t ready for bald Martial and quote people who thought he’d have a good season with a bunch of green smileys, but I have a feeling that mocking people for being wrong is only allowed in one direction.

I know it says in his name that he’s a WUM, and it’s an obvious wind-up thread on a board where WUMming isn’t allowed, only designed to rile people up, but here we are, almost a week later with the thread still open.

And before people claim that I’m sour because I was quoted, I’m not. My post was funny as pointed out by numerous posters in this very thread and I stand by it and appreciate being quoted so it could get the recognition it deserved but didn’t get in the match day thread :)
These threads survive (I would imagine) because it is being noticed by the mods that the Cafe has turned into a playground of negativity, and after matches its often unbearable. If threads like this help to re-balance the place then I'm all for it. Oddly enough the reaction to last night has been far more mature than in most recent instances, so maybe its working.

Dve

These threads survive (I would imagine) because it is being noticed by the mods that the Cafe has turned into a playground of negativity, and after matches its often unbearable. If threads like this help to re-balance the place then I'm all for it. Oddly enough the reaction to last night has been far more mature than in most recent instances, so maybe its working.
And don´t underestimate the influence of one certain fan channel with more than a million subscribers. The reaction from that hold was mature yesterday, while it more often falls into exaggerated negativity after every loss. The things said there are always very much echoed in this forum.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
And don´t underestimate the influence of one certain fan channel with more than a million subscribers. The reaction from that hold was mature yesterday, while it more often falls into exaggerated negativity after every loss. The things said there are always very much echoed in this forum.
Are you talking about Goldbridge? I discovered him about the time the Super League was announced, but found him unbearable. I don't get these fans channels. 'Normal and no better informed than anyone else' blokes wittering on with 30,000 people listening. It baffles me.

Dve

Are you talking about Goldbridge? I discovered him about the time the Super League was announced, but found him unbearable. I don't get these fans channels. 'Normal and no better informed than anyone else' blokes wittering on with 30,000 people listening. It baffles me.
Goldbridge can have 200 000 people listening, some paying him money to repeat what he just said (so call super chats), only to feel the excitement of him repeating "I agree with you". Just look at the ongoing chats while he´s speaking, where his every point is overflowing the chat box. Normally you´ll see nothing else than "Ole out!", "Ole is totally clueless", etc.

McTerminator

Mods and Staff are clearly on "one side". Which is fair enough as most are also United fans and they are entitled to their opinions and stuff, but I think the bias shouldnt slip through the moderating and donation of likes.

But come on, it's still far better than RAWK and a very good forum.
Very good forum for sure, but I for one have given up on getting likes (commented on this recently). If they come they come, but as long as I can still participate in the discussion I’m happy.

Anyone tailoring their posts specifically to try and get likes is doing themselves a disservice.

McTerminator

Problem is, I was quoted (which I don’t mind btw it’s nice to be noticed sometimes :wenger:). However, using myself as the example, I’m generally Ole in and positive if you look at my post history. As case and point, when Lingard did shock us all with the winner I was one of the first to post positively unlike some who will only post when there is negativity to spread.

I quite understandably got sick of Lingard and was desperate for him to be sold this summer while his value was up and needed convincing he was worth a spot in the squad.

On that basis, how does this thread achieve what you have described?

wise_old_man

Oddly enough the reaction to last night has been far more mature than in most recent instances, so maybe its working.
Or because it's just the Carabao Cup, which most people don't really care about.

Ladron de redcafe

I tend to agree. I only discovered him during the Ronaldo (1 day) saga and his name seemed familar, but I couldn't understand the appeal.
As you said, these channels consist of regular fans giving you their opinions. I'm not entirely sure why it's worth subscribing to them, but I'm guessing he's a proxy for the average United fan and that people want to hear more about the general consensus of United fans think that Goldbridge represents the prevailing views of most fans.

lysglimt

Scout
I just don't get why people have time or the state of mind to post during games. At half-time ok - but during the game when we are 1-1 and needing a goal ???????

Nah - don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.