Posts that were actually made on the night we stormed back to beat Atalanta 3-2

U.N.C.L.E

To be fair a lot of the posts that were critical of us during the MDT were bang on for the moment in the game they were made. We won 3-2 but up until HT we were genuinely a sh#tshow on grass…

Withnail

I might be missing the point, but seems to me the OP quoted posts that aren’t damning, and even if they were we don’t have sufficient context to see it.

Which renders your posts reactionary nonsense. Did you even read the OP? :lol:
Can't believe he got bites. :lol:

Just goes to show some don't read the OP or any of the replies before diving straight in.

Will Singh

The question you have to ask yourself is are some of these members actually supporters? A supporter is someone who supports the team, not wishing them to lose so that the manager can get sacked quicker. Whether you are Ole in or Ole out, I have never wished the team to lose ever. To me, that's not a supporter.
I agree any supporter shouldn’t be wishing us to lose but my comment is about being critical of a player or the tactics in a match day thread where tensions get high and you make a heat of the moment comment only to be called out in a thread. I just don’t see any sense in it it’s like naming and shaming someone for just being critical of the team!

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Interesting thread. If the opposite were to happen i.e. we lose and someone was gloating about being a top red in the match day thread, it'd be locked within minutes (it's happened before).

432JuanMata

Interesting thread. If the opposite were to happen i.e. we lose and someone was gloating about being a top red in the match day thread, it'd be locked within minutes (it's happened before).
It’s also taking peoples posts even going 0-2 down at home to 6th place in Serie A who are missing 5 players so obviously most will be negative.
I’m delighted we won and the 2nd half was a great performance but some of people’s posts 0-2 are still valid now. We lose to Liverpool on the weekend and it’s 5 loses in 9 with a title challenge completely gone

RedBanker

I love you Ole
I don't think majority people on here who want a new management because the club is not going anywhere under the current one have not stooped to that level of "post-parading" threads yet. I maybe wrong.
But people who want the manager to stay at the cost of progress of the club have made several such threads, tried to "name and shame", called for bans and expulsions and other such pathetic actions.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I don't think majority people on here who want a new management because the club is not going anywhere under the current one have not stooped to that level of "post-parading" threads yet. I maybe wrong.
But people who want the manager to stay at the cost of progress of the club have made several such threads, tried to "name and shame", called for bans and expulsions and other such pathetic actions.
autocorrect really messed up the meaning of your name when you signed onto this forum didnt it.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Whooooosh

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
The anger in some of these replies. :lol:

Fingeredmouse

Come quick Ma, the cow's sick.

Tony247

Mods:

Please put an end to this practice of taking quotes from match day thread when emotions at peak and then create a thread to mock members. To me it is clear misuse of matchday thread. What said in that thread must remain there.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
It's a game of two halves lads.
Man United’s squad cost nearly a billion. They should be dispatching teams like Atalanta and Villarreal, not squeaking past them in ‘epic’ comebacks. People talk about City’s spending, well at least they give their money to a guy who knows how to build an effective team.

Berbasbullet

Mods:

Please put an end to this practice of taking quotes from match day thread when emotions at peak and then create a thread to mock members. To me it is clear misuse of matchday thread. What said in that thread must remain there.
:lol: this is amazing

Tony247

:lol: this is amazing
Matchday thread is emotional rollercoaster. Not every person reacts the same way to distressful moments. Some may be short tempered, some may get easily frustrated, some may even have two pints working their brain. No one put any analytical reasoning behind their thoughts. It is moment happened, thought popped in head and just dump it in that thread. That thread is emotions dumpyard.

Using those emotions to later mock the members is just sadist.

On the other hand a jolly person can later visit the thread and relive the match through all those emotions. That is a good use of it. But not this.

Berbasbullet

Matchday thread is emotional rollercoaster. Not every person reacts the same way to distressful moments. Some may be short tempered, some may get easily frustrated, some may even have two pints working their brain. No one put any analytical reasoning behind their thoughts. It is moment happened, thought popped in head and just dump it in that thread. That thread is emotions dumpyard.

Using those emotions to later mock the members is just sadist.

On the other hand a jolly person can later visit the thread and relive the match through all those emotions. That is a good use of it. But not this.
Mate, read the quoted posts :lol: this thread is a parody/wind up thread.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
How about actually reading the quotes in the OP before expressing your outrage/making an absolute tit of yourself?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
:lol: seriously? I would sack Ole now. Such a clueless incompetent manager.

Why did you not start a thread after dropping points against Westham,Villa, Young Boys ,Everton and Leicester? Wasn't that a game of 2 halves ? Or are you calling them only when we win ?
Clueless and incompetence doesn’t really get you 2nd in the premier league or top of a CL group.

I don’t think he’s right for us and his time is coming to an end but the hyperbole’s from some of you is so boring.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Clueless and incompetence doesn’t really get you 2nd in the premier league or top of a CL group.

I don’t think he’s right for us and his time is coming to an end but the hyperbole’s from some of you is so boring.
Top of CL group :lol: and you have the audacity to call my statement as hyperbolic. Nice !

luck&neat

See what you did there OP.

Which judging by the replies in here means I probably spend too much time reading the Caf

MalaysianRed7

Totally disagree with this. Us finishing 2nd last year owed a lot to external factors. Clueless is harsh, but incompetence certainly isn’t, at least to the naked eye.

Realistically, Liverpool would never have flopped so badly had they even had two of their senior CBs fit for the season, let alone Van Dijk. We’re seeing it this season. We also got lucky that Chelsea were handicapped by having an even worse manager than Ole in Lampard, a manager who we could truly describe as clueless. If they had Tuchel for the whole campaign, they would have comfortably finished above us as well. The league positions of both sides did not reflect the seasons both teams had whatsoever, unless you’re telling me that all is rosy because we finished above the team who won the CL. Don’t think they’re too bothered.

Honestly, I’m not even too confident that we would have finished above Leicester had they not had so many injuries at the back end of the season. If Evans, Ndidi and Barnes weren’t out for prolonged spells, they would have challenged us step for step.

Even if we don’t take into account the unlucky shortcomings these 3 teams faced compared to us, we finished with only 74 points. Of those points, 15 came in very lucky wins against Brighton twice, WBA at home, Southampton away and Villa at home amongst many others. Liverpool in 2019 when they got 97 points was a good 2nd place. Even when we got 81 points in 2018, that was a decent 2nd place. I’d rather have come 3rd last season, but with 80+ points, a trophy and a discernible style of play. We were dominated by average teams time after timeand it’s carried on to this season. We’ve already been dominated by Saints, Wolves, Villarreal and Everton just to name a few, just that we’re winning less.

At the end of the day, it’s down to our lack of coaching. In fairness, you did admit that it is coming to an end, as sad as it is as we all especially wanted Ole to succeed. It’s been 3 years and the only time we’ve had a visible style of play was in 2019-20 after lockdown, and he’d have been much better served imo if he hadn’t been so stubborn with the Maguire-Lindelof partnership and McTominay-Fred midfield even though they’ve let him down time and again.