Potential Centre-Back Options?

jesperjaap

Can Gvardiol play in a two? Any videos I've seen of him, it's him raiding up the left flank more akin to a full back. Would worry that he's not really a centre back at all.

Not sure I get the Bailly comparison at all apart from both being tall and black. Badiashile is a fine passer and as others have mentioned is now quite dominant in the air both of which are relative weaknesses for Bailly.
I think Bailly is a decent passer and is good in the air, the comparison I made was for the reason they both seem to lack intelligence and are a bit over eager and rash.

Maybe he has imprvoed a lot this season, only seen him once, I watched him a few times last season and didnt get the fuss at all personally, actually thought he was pretty poor

Dennis Viollet

The reverse .Rossi
I don't understand why we are not on Bremer. He has just been named best defender in Serie A, he costs little, probably with 30 million pounds he would be ours, he is still young, no injury prone, perfect in the 3-man defense,good guy, great attitude.

Bojan Djordjic

I don't understand why we are not on Bremer. He has just been named best defender in Serie A, he costs little, probably with 30 million pounds he would be ours, he is still young, no injury prone, perfect in the 3-man defense,good guy, great attitude.
We don’t play a back three though?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Probably the position I'm least worried about simply because there seems to be quite a few options potentially on the move this summer.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Where does he normally play in a back three? Left, centre or right?

Hughie77

We got Maguire , Varane, Bially, Jones Tuenzabe , lindelof. All play CB. 3 of those have to go before we get another in.

Jones, Bially, Tuenzabe may well be off, but Tuenzabe may fit into the way ETH wants to play.
But Jones and Bially could go. ETH has got a big job overhauling the squad he needs a good look at some first.