Potential Matic Replacements

Ahsan_6386

Hopefully sooner rather than later...
Totally agreed on this . He looks totally lost in midfield and gets easily outrun . In the meantime its better to play Pereira in his place while we look for a permanent replacment . He can't do worse than Matic as of this moment . I also liked the look of his psssing from deep when ever he has played but since Matic is one of Jose's chosen ones I doubt he will be dropped anytime soon same as Lukaku .

Red00012

Pereira , Fred. Herrera
Feck I’d have lindelof there at this stage.

Champagne Football

We still look more solid defensively when he plays. Offensively he is pretty poor alright. We simply have to go for Ruben Neves next summer to have someone who can control the tempo a little. I don't think we are getting Frenkie as City, Barca and PSG have all made him a priority signing.

LuckyScout78

I upgrade my recommendation of Axel Witsel, to every top clubs Europe which want to strentgh theirs cm and midfield...to a must buy recommendation. Im 100% sure Dortmund will not be the same team withouth Witsel. Witsel is boosing the confidence and calmness to the really good youngster in the team. In the form Witsel is right now, on a consistent level. Im not sure there are many better cm playmaker than him. Witsel is even better than Toni Kroos of R Madrid right. Just to show which level Witsel is on right now.

The man is calm, composure, precise and so good with the ball. And he is the first one you choose in your five a side futsal team line up. And this Dortmund team is playing so preciselike they are playing futsal, one two touch precise quick football. Dortmund players are footie ballplayers. And not only Pep and City can play really good, what are they calling?Tiki taka quick football. Those boys are playing so fast and precise. Even a solid, experience and good defend team were having trouble too hang on.

433 with Jong - Witsel - Pogba is really ideal or 442 with Witsel - Jong or Pogba is a super duo too.

Again. Witsel is a must buy for every top clubs in next summer. He has easily 3-5 more good left in him. Witsel is a easy on the toes player and not too heavy. So im sure he will keep this high level in many years to come. If he keep like what he is doing right now. Train and play as much as he does right now. He can be on top at 35 too. So Witsel is beside De Jong mine best recommendations of cm players right now. But Jong as more offensive than Witsel. Witsel is a cm general. Really really good to dictate and really precise, safe, calm and good on the ball.

LuckyScout78

Can or have someone the stat of Witsel so far this season. How precise he is with the ball and general football static compare to others top cm players. In only scout players with mine eyes, but it will be nice to see some football static sometime

Ekeke

I remember as a youngster Witsel was one of the usual overhyped players being posted about here. Then he had that incident where he broke someone's leg with a nasty challenge and everyone went sour on him. I think hes been a bit underrated since then. He did well at the world cup last summer but not many people were mentioning him. And yes he's playing very well for Dortmund.

Mcking

Can or have someone the stat of Witsel so far this season. How precise he is with the ball and general football static compare to others top cm players. In only scout players with mine eyes, but it will be nice to see some football static sometime
For today. You might like this too.

LuckyScout78

Thx you for that McKing;). I dont or have never use stats when im scouting. I trust mine eyes. How good and effience they are on the ball and the run and move withouth the ball. But its always nice to see how he and the players are to each others. The comparison.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I remember as a youngster Witsel was one of the usual overhyped players being posted about here. Then he had that incident where he broke someone's leg with a nasty challenge and everyone went sour on him. I think hes been a bit underrated since then. He did well at the world cup last summer but not many people were mentioning him. And yes he's playing very well for Dortmund.
To be fair, that tackle was fecking horrific. I can see why it would put people off.

On top of that, he’s made some mercenary type moves, Zenit, China.

But yeah, surprised Dortmund had a free run at him. He’s always been a very good player.

Ekeke

To be fair, that tackle was fecking horrific. I can see why it would put people off.

On top of that, he’s made some mercenary type moves, Zenit, China.

But yeah, surprised Dortmund had a free run at him. He’s always been a very good player.
Oh absolutely, I was sour on him too from watching that the first time. But it didnt have much of an effect on how much I did or didnt rate him. I thought he was a bit more rash and clearly had a dangerous tackle in him but thats about it.

Johan07

Oh absolutely, I was sour on him too from watching that the first time. But it didnt have much of an effect on how much I did or didnt rate him. I thought he was a bit more rash and clearly had a dangerous tackle in him but thats about it.
Its a disgusting challenge that. But so is this (reminded me of this one instantly)
And we all love Scholesy to death anyways.
EDIT
How Scholes stayed on the pitch after that first challenge is crazy. 34 seconds into the game as well. That he went in like that in the second half after doing that in the first place is even crazier....)
But the point is that really good CMs do shit like that. Not a reason to ignore.
I would take Witsel but I dont think he is a Mourinho player.

Last edited:

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Yeah, I think mud must just stick with him. I honestly can't think of any other reason people wouldn't want him and why he never sprung to my mind when thinking about CMs since Benfica.

Smores

Poor this season, we need to find an alternative solution to cover for his periods of poor form and ageing legs.

I'd keep trying Periera in the easier games although not sure he'll be able to make that position his own.

Fosu-Mens

Poor this season, we need to find an alternative solution to cover for his periods of poor form and ageing legs.

I'd keep trying Periera in the easier games although not sure he'll be able to make that position his own.
Him or Herrera. Pereira against weaker teams when we are expected to control possesion, and Herrera against stronger teams.

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
Its a disgusting challenge that. But so is this (reminded me of this one instantly)
And we all love Scholesy to death anyways.
EDIT
How Scholes stayed on the pitch after that first challenge is crazy. 34 seconds into the game as well. That he went in like that in the second half after doing that in the first place is even crazier....)
But the point is that really good CMs do shit like that. Not a reason to ignore.
I would take Witsel but I dont think he is a Mourinho player.
fecking hell that's terrible... and yet STILL funny because it's Scholes :lol:

Ahsan_6386

After the transfer window closed didn't Witsel's agent come out and say that United tried to sign him but he rejected us to sign for Dortmund . So maybe we did try for him but he didn't fancy his chances here .

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
I upgrade my recommendation of Axel Witsel, to every top clubs Europe which want to strentgh theirs cm and midfield...to a must buy recommendation. Im 100% sure Dortmund will not be the same team withouth Witsel. Witsel is boosing the confidence and calmness to the really good youngster in the team. In the form Witsel is right now, on a consistent level. Im not sure there are many better cm playmaker than him. Witsel is even better than Toni Kroos of R Madrid right. Just to show which level Witsel is on right now.

The man is calm, composure, precise and so good with the ball. And he is the first one you choose in your five a side futsal team line up. And this Dortmund team is playing so preciselike they are playing futsal, one two touch precise quick football. Dortmund players are footie ballplayers. And not only Pep and City can play really good, what are they calling?Tiki taka quick football. Those boys are playing so fast and precise. Even a solid, experience and good defend team were having trouble too hang on.

433 with Jong - Witsel - Pogba is really ideal or 442 with Witsel - Jong or Pogba is a super duo too.

Again. Witsel is a must buy for every top clubs in next summer. He has easily 3-5 more good left in him. Witsel is a easy on the toes player and not too heavy. So im sure he will keep this high level in many years to come. If he keep like what he is doing right now. Train and play as much as he does right now. He can be on top at 35 too. So Witsel is beside De Jong mine best recommendations of cm players right now. But Jong as more offensive than Witsel. Witsel is a cm general. Really really good to dictate and really precise, safe, calm and good on the ball.
I think we've found Witsels cafe account.

Ekeke

Marcelo Brozovic would ordinarily be a good suggestion. Statistically Inter's best player this season with them being 2nd behind Juventus. Makes lots of tackles, but also plays a lot of long passes from his midfield position to expand play. This is something we do more than most sides too.

There are plenty of sides these days who have their CBs making the majority of their long passes, Inter like United have Brozovic doing the majority of it like we have Pogba doing the majority of it. Brozovic starts the moves and gives the ball to the players who can create things.

I say ordinarily though because he's 5'9 and doesn't fit the physical profile Mourinho is very likely to go for. In terms of being a ball winner, helping the backline with clearances occasionally and making lots of long passes to start moves its all there. But I guess not what Mourinho values most. He's still taller than Neves though and better defensively.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Harry winks. How many hundred millions will levy want?

cheeky_backheel

Matic still has a few years in him but cannot be a lone DM/ball winner playing 2x a week.

i liked dendoncker last season but haven't seen how well be has progressed since.

Dier is also an option

sam147

Matic is always off the pace defensively. I would rather he got a rest and we saw Herrera play there but Matic is '4 inches' taller. Matic literally ball watches while the other team counters and he isnt good enough to link play from deep. Thats why we saw Pogba dropping into the 6 position a lot. I still think Weigl would be the perfect player. He seems to have stopped being everyone's favorite player. But he proved he has the quality. If he comes to the PL bulks up a bit he would be world class. He has the quality to link the play and it would allow Pogba and Fred to stay further up the pitch.

cheeky_backheel

Matic is always off the pace defensively. I would rather he got a rest and we saw Herrera play there but Matic is '4 inches' taller. Matic literally ball watches while the other team counters and he isnt good enough to link play from deep. Thats why we saw Pogba dropping into the 6 position a lot. I still think Weigl would be the perfect player. He seems to have stopped being everyone's favorite player. But he proved he has the quality. If he comes to the PL bulks up a bit he would be world class. He has the quality to link the play and it would allow Pogba and Fred to stay further up the pitch.
The more important question is if he is defensively sound enough to cover behind Logan and the other CM/AM

sam147

The more important question is if he is defensively sound enough to cover behind Logan and the other CM/AM
Goddamn Wolverine sent off for an adamantium studs up challenge. In all seriousness though he is better defensively than players like Thiago and Jorginho. We play a zonal defensive system so he would have protection.

Crashoutcassius

We could unlock pogba

cheeky_backheel

Goddamn Wolverine sent off for an adamantium studs up challenge. In all seriousness though he is better defensively than players like Thiago and Jorginho. We play a zonal defensive system so he would have protection.
Damn auto correct thinks pogba is logan!