Potential Pogba replacements

jamesjimmybyrondean

Tielemans gone

Doucoure Savic Van De Beek Olmo Partey Pellegrini Lo Celso are the only realistic CMs available right now. We're going to need one of them if we're selling Pogba. I think Fernandes would be Pogba's replacement but we'd still need a good box to box. Which of these players mentioned above would fit Ole's system though with Fernandes in the squad already

croadyman

Tielemans gone

Doucoure Savic Van De Beek Olmo Partey Pellegrini Lo Celso are the only realistic CMs available right now. We're going to need one of them if we're selling Pogba. I think Fernandes would be Pogba's replacement but we'd still need a good box to box. Which of these players mentioned above would fit Ole's system though with Fernandes in the squad already
Yeah we are in massive trouble if we don't bring in three midfielders if Pogba leaves. Only two will be very negligent and leave us seriously lacking in depth and quality.

Lennon

What about a swapsie double of Isco and James. Creativity right there.
Please no!
The first lazy as feck and the other one overrated as hell ...
We need creativity, yes. Bit also players who give everything for the shirt, the win and the club. No more Primmadona's.

Eric's Seagull

Please no!
The first lazy as feck and the other one overrated as hell ...
We need creativity, yes. Bit also players who give everything for the shirt, the win and the club. No more Primmadona's.
Agreed wouldn't want to swap the lazy fecker that we have at the moment for another. I think that the point you made in bold is a very valid one.

Fer

We have a lot of quantity, we need to replace Pogba with quality. There are players like Havertz or Eriksen that can replace Pogba without a problem. It's like signing another good/decent CB when we need a top CB to compete for the league.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
We have a lot of quantity, we need to replace Pogba with quality. There are players like Havertz or Eriksen that can replace Pogba without a problem. It's like signing another good/decent CB when we need a top CB to compete for the league.

There's no way in hell we're competing for the league, even with Pogba

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I don't think Isco and James can feature in the team together... They have different styles but yet occupy the same position.
Small sample size but the best version of real madrid since the galacticos of 2002/03 was when we played modric-kroos-isco-james in midfield

Gandalf

Small sample size but the best version of real madrid since the galacticos of 2002/03 was when we played modric-kroos-isco-james in midfield
Sorry to doubt you but if they were so good why are you so keen to offload them on us? I mean, you might be telling the truth but I can't help think this would be the same as me saying that our midfield was best with Fred and Pereira so please take them in a swap for Varane :lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Sorry to doubt you but if they were so good why are you so keen to offload them on us? I mean, you might be telling the truth but I can't help think this would be the same as me saying that our midfield was best with Fred and Pereira so please take them in a swap for Varane :lol:
Well, for one thing Zidane isn't Ancelotti, for another Zidane doesn't like James on a personal level

And more to the point, we weren't great because of those two, it was the whole team. Just pointing out that they did play together at times for us and usually it worked just fine

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Tielemans gone

Fernandes is not Pogba replacement.

Fer

Tielemans gone

Fred, Mctominay and Pereira could play in Herrera's position. IMO a CDM should be a priority.

I agree with you on Fernandes. If we sell Pogba, I can see Bruno or even Maddison taking that spot in our midfield.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
I

Fred, Mctominay and Pereira could play in Herrera's position. IMO a CDM should be a priority.

I agree with you on Fernandes. If we sell Pogba, I can see Bruno or even Maddison taking that spot in our midfield.
You?

Fer

There's no way in hell we're competing for the league, even with Pogba
We will be competing to be in the top 4, not the league. But if we sign quality/top players as I mentioned, then things could be different.

If Pogba stays and we get players like Koulibaly, Saul and Sancho, it would be a big improvement, mainly if we get the best of our current players with a good style of play.

Eric's Seagull

We will be competing to be in the top 4, not the league. But if we sign quality/top players as I mentioned, then things could be different.

If Pogba stays and we get players like Koulibaly, Saul and Sancho, it would be a big improvement, mainly if we get the best of our current players with a good style of play.
Would be a dream to get any of one those players you mentioned let alone all of them but could never see it happening.

Last edited:

George The Best

Can’t see Leicester selling us 2 of their players. Maguire looks quite possible to us, so I think they will hold on to Maddison.

George The Best

There’s a pretty small pot of players to choose from and we don’t know if any of them want to be here. We should be jumping all over this right now and get one in soon, as Pogba is more than likely to go. It’s likely to take ages to sort out Pogba’s transfer negotiations and price, which could well run on after our window closes. We must buy a replacement first, time is of the essence.

Alabaster Codify7

IF the transfer is concluded quickly and the money
reinvested as it should be, I reckon:

Bruno Fernandes

Sean Longstaff

One other (box to box)

However, I honestly expect the transfer to conveniently take place after our window closes so there's nothing to reinvest and the Glazers will pocket it, but in this situation we'll still sign Longstaff before selling Pogba.....and nobody else.

Ole will be forced to play Mata with two DM's behind him and we'll look like shite.

Sea-Cow

IF the transfer is concluded quickly and the money
reinvested as it should be, I reckon:

Bruno Fernandes

Sean Longstaff

One other (box to box)

However, I honestly expect the transfer to conveniently take place after our window closes so there's nothing to reinvest and the Glazers will pocket it, but in this situation we'll still sign Longstaff before selling Pogba.....and nobody else.

Ole will be forced to play Mata with two DM's behind him and we'll look like shite.
Haha or Lingard and we'll look even worse.

Mark1361

When have Man Utd ever singed a better player then the player we had sold Beckham for 25M and got luck and singed Ronaldo who turned into a superstar at a time we where chasing ronaldinho as beckham replacement who went to barc instaed of us.

before all that we sold our best denfender in Jaap Stam and replacement him with free transfer in Laurent Blanc and back then the Glazer where not even in charger when all this took place

then We sold Ronaldo for 80m and brought valencia as his replacement for 15m. Glazers pocket 65m of the money. Any money we get for pogba will not be invested in someone better.

it will just go into the pockets of the Glazers with a small amount been given to the manager.

Once pogba goes we will start to fall down the table even more. Then maybe the Glazer Out will start to kick off and hopfully we can get them out of the club before any more damage is done by them.

The mess we are in is becasue of the Glazer and ED.

Fer

There are a lot of posts saying that we could buy 2 or 3 players if we sell Pogba...

But, if we are going to sign just ONE player to replace Pogba, who would you sign? Who do you consider good enough to take his spot considering Pogba's stats and marketing value?

UpWithRivers

There are a lot of posts saying that we could buy 2 or 3 players if we sell Pogba...

But, if we are going to sign just ONE player to replace Pogba, who would you sign? Who do you consider good enough to take his spot considering Pogba's stats and marketing value?
Eriksen. If none of the other top clubs come in for him and he refuses to extend his contract then Spurs surely would rather sell than keep him till his contract expires. So you never know.

Eric's Seagull

When have Man Utd ever singed a better player then the player we had sold Beckham for 25M and got luck and singed Ronaldo who turned into a superstar at a time we where chasing ronaldinho as beckham replacement who went to barc instaed of us.

before all that we sold our best denfender in Jaap Stam and replacement him with free transfer in Laurent Blanc and back then the Glazer where not even in charger when all this took place

then We sold Ronaldo for 80m and brought valencia as his replacement for 15m. Glazers pocket 65m of the money. Any money we get for pogba will not be invested in someone better.

it will just go into the pockets of the Glazers with a small amount been given to the manager.

Once pogba goes we will start to fall down the table even more. Then maybe the Glazer Out will start to kick off and hopfully we can get them out of the club before any more damage is done by them.

The mess we are in is becasue of the Glazer and ED.
Agree with a lot of your points which I think are valid. Especially the part in bold. I also like you think the Glazers will use the money to line their pockets which I have stated several times. That is why I would rather take players in exchange, as long as they are decent. I respect that you think we will go down the table when Pogba but disagree with it. 'If' the Glazers do invest the full money we will be able to buy several players which I think would improve us more than Pogba alone but that is a big 'if', which I am hoping rather than expecting to happen. Nothing those slimy feckers do surprises me anymore.

UpWithRivers

Would like Eriksen myself but do you think the club will fork out the £130m Spurs want for him?
I think the fee is the easiest part. They will take 80 if it means not losing him for nothing next year. But we will have to wait until all the main clubs decide they don't want him. The hardest part will be convincing him to come.

Eric's Seagull

I think the fee is the easiest part. They will take 80 if it means not losing him for nothing next year. But we will have to wait until all the main clubs decide they don't want him. The hardest part will be convincing him to come.
I would be extremely happy if we could get him for that fee. I agree that it would be hard to get him to come seeing as we have no Champions League football. From what I've read he seems adamant that he wants to go this season. I've also read his dream is to play to for Real. He might wait his contract out and go there for free next year, don't think he will go there this year unless Pogba chooses goes to Juve or stays with us which I doubt will happen. One way we might get him is to get him to buy into the idea of making us great again and going down in history as being a big part of it.

shiranaiotoko

Eriksen is overrated. He's far from the top level and useless against strong opponents. Saved by VAR from being flop of the season for Spurs. I don't want him, he can be also worse while playing for us, remember that all players that coming here are much worse than before, while Eriksen is bad enough already.

UpWithRivers

Eriksen is overrated. He's far from the top level and useless against strong opponents. Saved by VAR from being flop of the season for Spurs. I don't want him, he can be also worse while playing for us, remember that all players that coming here are much worse than before, while Eriksen is bad enough already.
Rip is a better available option?

Canagel

And inconsistent.

Bocajarraco

I would go for Fabian Ruiz hands down if Pogba leaves. In two years he will probably cost over 100M.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Zieliński anyone? He's on the rise, hungry, not very expensive and really humble. Maybe not quite Pogba replacement but a good option for central midfield. Now that we lost Herrera and if we lose Pogba, we will need more than one CM signing.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Zieliński anyone? He's on the rise, hungry, not very expensive and really humble. Maybe not quite Pogba replacement but a good option for central midfield. Now that we lost Herrera and if we lose Pogba, we will need more than one CM signing.
Would love him, but he’s Napoli’s best Midfielder IMO. If they’re not selling Koula for cheap, no way they sell him for any cheaper.

Tomuś

Would love him, but he’s Napoli’s best Midfielder IMO. If they’re not selling Koula for cheap, no way they sell him for any cheaper.
Think they would sell him for 60/70. Koulibaly has a status of a top 5 CB whereas I bet quite a few people on here don't even know Zieliński. I'd say this is the last moment to buy him for a reasonable price. If he continues his steady progression he'll cost a fortune later.

United Pro

He's a cracking midfielder but I'd rate both Allan and Ruiz over him. All different types of players of course.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Think they would sell him for 60/70. Koulibaly has a status of a top 5 CB whereas I bet quite a few people on here don't even know Zieliński. I'd say this is the last moment to buy him for a reasonable price. If he continues his steady progression he'll cost a fortune later.
True, my best pal is a Naples fan and he’s banged on about him for a while. Maybe I’m overestimating him.
He's a cracking midfielder but I'd rate both Allan and Ruiz over him. All different types of players of course.
yeah, horses for courses and all that. I just love his two footedness for being a threat. I think he’s more consistent than Ruiz atm too. Allan is just a machine.

Tomuś

True, my best pal is a Naples fan and he’s banged on about him for a while. Maybe I’m overestimating him.
Good to hear he's rated down there. Had to knuckle down to get that CM spot for good.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Good to hear he's rated down there. Had to knuckle down to get that CM spot for good.
It’s hard having to live up to someone like Hamsik in Naples. My mate thinks he’s proper turned a corner though. He’s adamant next year will be a big year for him.

George The Best

I really think we will resist all efforts to sell Pogba. Lukaku is likely to go, so he needs replacing. We are after Maguire and still need to strengthen in other areas. Whether keeping a sulking Pogba is a good idea I doubt, but we are going to be completely fecked if we need to replace him as well with 30 days of the window left.