Potential RB Options

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Can’t take Rio’s opinions on transfers seriously. He thought Ben Godfrey was good enough.
Painfully transparent, as both are represented by his agency. I actually like Godfrey, but it's so clear he has a vested interest when making comments like this.

ShinjiNinja26

This is absolute bollocks. It was Stephen Howson that said he’d take Max Aaron’s as a relatively cheap RB option on Rio’s Vibe with Five podcast. It’s not the first time the media have reported on something Howson has said on there and passed it off as Rio saying it. The Daily Mail seem to do it on a weekly basis.

DomM

Matty Cash, way better than the two we currently have in the squad.

Zen

Matty Cash, way better than the two we currently have in the squad.
I'd take this dude, just for being smart enough to look around.. realize everyone was a right back and casually picking Poland instead. Now he'll have a few years of pinging them in to Lewa.

Rolaholic

L'Equipe reported that the club has began contact over Mukiele just earlier

The fee being quoted is around 10-15M

diarm

Fantastic - the lad can come in and make a Chris Smalling type impact. Perhaps later, we can look for a midfielder who will have a Djemba-Djemba type impact and a centre forward who can have a David Bellion type impact.

Jibbs

L'Equipe reported that the club has began contact over Mukiele just earlier

The fee being quoted is around 10-15M
No brainer, he’s quality. And at price quoted, a steal.

Bojan Djordjic

No brainer, he’s quality. And at price quoted, a steal.
Why does he seem to play so few minutes? He doesn't seem to have a bad injury history but he's played fewer than 20 90min equivalents for at least four years.

spe88

Anyone seen Frimpong play for Leverkusen this season? His stats seem fairly impressive.

SparkedIntoLife

Mukiele and Aarons… 2 RBs whose progress stalled dramatically 2 years ago. Still seen for the potential they once showed but not good enough for United. Even in our current state.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Why does he seem to play so few minutes? He doesn't seem to have a bad injury history but he's played fewer than 20 90min equivalents for at least four years.
Because he's not that good, it's that simple (he plays a bit more than that though). He still makes a lot of mistakes and didn't improve as much as people thought he would. He was linked to PSG for a while, as a sub...

I agree with SparkedintoLife, it wouldn't be a big upgrade for United.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
depends on how he's gonna be used. Can't really defend, but is quick enough to repair mistakes, but really good on the ball. So he'll work for clubs like Bayern and Barca, but won't really work for teams that require actual defending skills for their fullbacks.
Where did you get this from? That Mazraoui can't defend?

lysglimt

Scout
I have seen Forest quite a lot this season - and we could do a lot worse than Djed Spence

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Anyone seen Frimpong play for Leverkusen this season? His stats seem fairly impressive.
Frimpong is quality, also very smallish though. Which is a big problem for United apparently.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
The former Arsenal player? He was a tubby ol' one the last time I saw photos of him.
Not him, Jeremie Frimpong is a Dutch born right back who played at Man City in the academy. Then moved go Celtic, did great and moved to Leverkusen and has been arguably the best right back in the Bundesliga this season.

Could play for Ghana, England and the Netherlands but looks to choose for the Netherlands.

Sea-Cow

Fantastic - the lad can come in and make a Chris Smalling type impact. Perhaps later, we can look for a midfielder who will have a Djemba-Djemba type impact and a centre forward who can have a David Bellion type impact.
:lol:

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Not him, Jeremie Frimpong is a Dutch born right back who played at Man City in the academy. Then moved go Celtic, did great and moved to Leverkusen and has been arguably the best right back in the Bundesliga this season.

Could play for Ghana, England and the Netherlands but looks to choose for the Netherlands.
Thank god. Last sighted....

Bojan Djordjic

Because he's not that good, it's that simple (he plays a bit more than that though). He still makes a lot of mistakes and didn't improve as much as people thought he would. He was linked to PSG for a while, as a sub...

I agree with SparkedintoLife, it wouldn't be a big upgrade for United.
Sorry, meant in the league specifically. His passing completion is really low which could mean he’s either a bad passer or he’s a risky passer, neither of which I’d have thought would be on ETH’s bucket list for a full back.

He also doesn’t seem to be great at carrying the ball either so you definitely would have question marks.

ZupZup

Agree with everyone who says Djed Spence... has been impressive whenever I watch Forest, which I have done more than usual because of the Garner loan.

He's strong, quick... likes to get forward. Good feet as well for quite a tall lad. An excellent prospect and better than what we currently have.

didz

I've only seen highlights, but between him and Diaby, Leverkusen must have the fastest right flank on the planet.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
Where did you get this from? That Mazraoui can't defend?
Every match against a stronger opponent Ajax has faced. He's good enough for the Eredivisie defensively, but that's not where his strength lie. Because Mazraoui never really was a right back until he reached the first team, he played there sometimes in Jong Ajax, but also played a lot of midfield and various other positions, if i remember correctly, even as a striker once. So understandably he isn't that good defensively, matches against teams like Bayern prove that. His speed makes up for a lot of it, but still.

spe88

I've only seen highlights, but between him and Diaby, Leverkusen must have the fastest right flank on the planet.
Maybe a suitable target if we plan to play a high line.

His height is obviously a concern, but he’s 8cm taller than Lamptey.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Every match against a stronger opponent Ajax has faced. He's good enough for the Eredivisie defensively, but that's not where his strength lie. Because Mazraoui never really was a right back until he reached the first team, he played there sometimes in Jong Ajax, but also played a lot of midfield and various other positions, if i remember correctly, even as a striker once. So understandably he isn't that good defensively, matches against teams like Bayern prove that. His speed makes up for a lot of it, but still.
He is then up against the likes of Vinicius, Coman, who will make any right back sweat on their day. Also Walker, Trent, AWB, Cancelo, James you name it. There is no defensive strong full back if that's what you go by.

He is fine defensively, and I know he has played multiple positions. He is an incredibly versatile player with great reading of the game.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Does Lamptey still get the hype he was getting last season?

I feel like people talk about him less

didz

Does Lamptey still get the hype he was getting last season?

I feel like people talk about him less
He managed 1558 minutes the season just gone and only 891 the season before that. That makes him a huge gamble in terms of both experience and fitness. You couldn't really expect him to play even half our matches and, for the price Brighton would surely be asking, that just doesn't look like a good deal.