Potential striker signings (who aren't named Højlund)

CallyRed

Any 35 year old strikers available on a free for one last hurrah?

RedDevilRoshi

If we can’t get Haaland then I’d happily accept what we have just now as long as we can get an extra year out of Cavani.

Use the money to strengthen in other areas such as RW, CB, DM & RB

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I'd honestly rather just wait for the next breakthrough prospect, there's a bit of a lull in strikers at the moment then all of sudden about 10 will pop up out of nowhere. Martial's a much, much better player than he's currently showing.

redrobed

Kane has done enough over a lengthy enough period of time imo - fully deserves to be given the chance to lead the line for us

Sea-Cow

If we can’t get Haaland this summer, we sign for another position provided we can get Cavani to commit to another year.

For all the flak he gets from his fans - if we don’t get Haaland it is highly unlikely we can get any striker who is better than Martial. He’s had some bad form, which happens - but he’s clearly jot a 5 goal a season striker. He could do that in a good month if he’s on it.

If not Haaland - get Sancho or Grealish and reassess CF next year.
If that is the case then we should sack our whole scouting dept. I just don't know how anyone could think that after this season. For the majority of this season having Martial in the side has been like playing with ten men.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Mbappe is the obvious one, but he is equally as unlikely as Haaland.

Ronaldo might be available especially if Juve goes broke.

Lukaku is always a good option. Inter looks broke here and a good offer for Lukaku looks enough to prise him away. I expect the clubs who lost the Haaland and Mbappe sweepstakes to go after him next.
Someone was going to weren't they .

People will still be mentioning Ronaldo in 5 years, saying he's "still got it"

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
This is a pure question-

Has Sancho ever played CF?

If we cant get Haaland I'd ne happy with Rashford, Greenwood, Sancho, Martial, Amad, James competing for 3 spots until the next transfer window.

laughtersassassin

There really anyone. Or anyone obvious for sure.

It can't be another 30+ year old stop gap.
We are on 4th one since Fergie left. It's a joke.

Ideally we get Halaand.

If not it's hard. There is DCL who is good but won't be World class but will cost the free of a World class striker.

And after that I'm drawing blanks in who we could get who will definitely elevate us.

We have only spent proper money on one striker since Fergie left and that's Lukaku. We sold him for practically what we paid for him.

Time to go out and throw that all at Dortmund for Halaand and pray he chooses us imo

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
If that is the case then we should sack our whole scouting dept. I just don't know how anyone could think that after this season. For the majority of this season having Martial in the side has been like playing with ten men.
Probably because Martial has been spotted playing football before this season.

SirScholes

If we can’t get Haaland this summer, we sign for another position provided we can get Cavani to commit to another year.

For all the flak he gets from his fans - if we don’t get Haaland it is highly unlikely we can get any striker who is better than Martial. He’s had some bad form, which happens - but he’s clearly jot a 5 goal a season striker. He could do that in a good month if he’s on it.

If not Haaland - get Sancho or Grealish and reassess CF next year.
He clearly isn’t a reliable striker either though
We need a top striker ASAP, that will transform our attack and take pressure off bruno

Sea-Cow

Probably because Martial has been spotted playing football before this season.
True. And he has occasionally shown some quality. I guess the question is if he can pull his finger out or not. Right now we are desperate for him to return to just his base level. And I'd argue that his base level isn't good enough.

davidmichael

I like the idea of Depay simply because he’s on a free and can play through the middle or on the left but also that’d mean we can go all out for Sancho, he’s definitely improved Depay and I think he’d feel like he’s got unfinished business in engiwjd

Signing Sancho with Diallo and Pellestri also around means we can play Greenwood through the middle thus meaning Greenwood, Depay, Martial if we can’t sell him and Cavani through the middle and four players for one spot so plenty of depth.

Then in 2022 we can let Cavani go and try to sell Martial and go all out for Haaland, signing Haaland if we were successful and having him and Greenwood competing to be our number one centre forward or playing together could be unreal in 2-3 years time.

lex talionis

We must banish the words "if we can't get Haaland".

Rashford and Martial are not clinical finishers and shouldn't be expected to carry the scoring load for United. Greenwood is a real prospect, but he's not in Haaland's class. Cavani is not part of our future.

The time to act on Erling is this summer.

SAFMUTD

The gap in quality between Haaland and the other options is so big that paying anything above 40-50M for a striker when Haaland would be available for 100-120M would be a disaster. We should go all in for him even when the odds are clearly against us.

stubie

I would be happy with this

Aarons
Andersen
Sancho

A midfielder should Pogba leave and Donnarumma should De Gea go, I can wait another 12 months without signing a striker

jem

If not Haaland. I personally think and believe and i am satisfy with Rashford as alone CF. And I m satisfy with Greenwood as a CF option too. If Greenwood can turn out to be as good as Left CF Van Persie. I really hope Greenwood reach Van Persie level.

Why i am satisfy with Rashford and Greenwood as CF options? If those two have a Bruno and equal level like Paul Scholes behind him. Rashford and Greenwood are future 20 goals each season CF. It mean Paul Pogba has to reach Paul Scholes consistent level.
Then i would go for Sancho or others with same level for RW.

Then potential line up:

Paul Scholes/Pogba - McTom/Fred

Sancho/Diallo - Bruno/Beek- Martial/James/Sancho

Greenwood/Rashford

The CF performance clearly is depending on the level of Pogba/Scholes. Not only with Bruno as nr.10 and the others wide players.
Appreciate the effort but that whole Pogba/Scholes thing was a laborious read.

jem

This is a pure question-

Has Sancho ever played CF?

If we cant get Haaland I'd ne happy with Rashford, Greenwood, Sancho, Martial, Amad, James competing for 3 spots until the next transfer window.
When you see the names laid out like that, that would be a pretty awesome attack (potentially I suppose, as there are always consistency questions with the likes of Martial and Rashford.)

Lost bear

I was all for signing Raul Giminez before his injury, not sure he'll come back the same player he was.
Yes, I was wondering about Jimenez- excellent goal scorer, technically capable, quite fast I think. Did not know the injury was so bad, though...

jem

Sorry but there should only be one priority and that’s Haaland.

Nobody near his ability that is available. I’d rather not waste a tonne of our budget on an inferior player.
I get where you are coming from, but responses like this are so frustrating. The OP clearly stated that it was about potential strikers besides Haaland. It's not like any of us has any kind of sway with the actual decision-makers; rather it's a chance for discussion and for the uninformed (like myself for example) to learn about some other striking options (particularly those plying their trade outside the EPL.)

Lost bear

Kane has done enough over a lengthy enough period of time imo - fully deserves to be given the chance to lead the line for us
Don't think there's much chance of him coming though, realistically. I tend to agree with those who are saying watch for the next up and coming strikers. In the meantime, I think (hope?) Martial will hit top form again soon- promising game against City, for sure.

Infra-red

Calvert-Lewin is probably the obvious option. Failing that, Silva or maybe Belotti.

Slightly more leftfield options might be Isak or En-Nesyri.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Adolfo Gaich nabbed his first goal for Benevento the other day, who we were supposedly keen on in the summer. Looks like a good old fashioned no 9.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I think it's very likely if Haaland is not available for us, we will not address striker issue this summer.

I also bet if we go fo DCL, we will pay just as much as whoever gets Haaland.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
How can anyone honestly think Haaland is attainable for United this summer? Serious question.

dinostar77

Losing Cavani this summer would be a blow.

The Celtic striker osuanne edouard is supposed to be good and alledgedly Leicester are after him.

What about Milik whos out of contract this summer and on loan to Marseille?

Hows Moussa Dembele doing at Atletico? We were linked with him for a long while.

Personally would love Harry Kane at Utd but never gonna happen.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
True. And he has occasionally shown some quality. I guess the question is if he can pull his finger out or not. Right now we are desperate for him to return to just his base level. And I'd argue that his base level isn't good enough.
That base level is as good as we are likely to find on the market this summer.

dinostar77

How can anyone honestly think Haaland is attainable for United this summer? Serious question.
I don't think so. Utd so far have made it clear in briefings to the press that a) there isnt that much money to spend this summer and b) that CB is the priority position in this summers window.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He clearly isn’t a reliable striker either though
We need a top striker ASAP, that will transform our attack and take pressure off bruno
We do need a top striker, which is why we want Haaland. Other than him, there are no ‘top strikers’ on the market this summer.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
We need a top tier striker, and there aren’t many around. If Haaland is out of the question, and Cavani is adamant he wants out, then I think it has to be another stop gap signing. If Greenwood had continued his form from last season I’d be all for making him first choice, but this season has shown it’s too early. Ronaldo could be leaving Juve, it wouldn’t surprise me if Ed had him top of the list.